RACE COVERAGE -PHOTOS/Comments/Video links-Post Here

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2nd Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2010 ! RACE COVERAGE -PHOTOS/Comments/Video links-Post Here

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    smokncobrajet

It was nice to see you again Dino.So glad you brought a real car this year to haul your stuff from NC. Having a 2 day event was a brilliant idea.I actually got to meet a lot more people this time around on Saturday and knew who they were when they ran.The Willys Tribute blew me away.Can I drive it ❓ ❓ ❓
        Bob Smith,you ride that bicycle pretty darn good too 😀
        We were hoping to do some winning this year,but the little mustang said she was tired and needs some work after 5 years of the kid beating the crap out of it.It doesn’t owe us a thing.Don’t know what’s wrong with it yet.It actually ran really good,but was making noise on the end of the last 2 runs,so rather than blow it up and have everyone held up while cleanup went on,we decided not to push our luck.Yes,very disappointing,but that’s the game.Tomatohead,it’ll be you and the kid in the 4 speed final next year.Big Congrats to the 68 428 CJ who won.At least we kept it in the Ford family 😆
        😆
        Hoping the guy who dumped the motorcycle will be OK.I was amazed that he actually got up after that spill,but that IS A GOOD THING ❗ ❗ .
        Thanks everyone for a wonderful time and hope to see you next year.
        Oh,and maybe next year the traffic control can wear a traffic light or something.Some people were so intent on getting into the track they just wanted us out of the way.Some didn’t even see us…………as they flew by…………..never taking their eyes off the race cars…………………..I counted my toes at the end of the day and I still have 20,so life is good 😛
        J~~~

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Here’s a few more pictures from Saturday.
            Frank…

Attachments:

meanmechanic

Heres a video of the Morehead Volvo

Woops, Sabato gas bike.

meanmechanic

And heres another.

dino
                    Keymaster

Mean…likes likea Bike ? not Volvo…Hey just checked….ANYWAy
                        “We’re BACK …after our 1 o’clock to 2 o’clock lunch break,….Dino with ya …on another Sunday at the ….OPPS Got a littlecarried away there…What I ment was -I”m Back Home. Whew What A Ride .I’ll Add all my Bits from the Bits once my body catches up with My Brain.

meanmechanic

Sorry dude. Was posting to the Ironhead site also. Here ya go

dino
                            Keymaster

Ok ….heres goes preliminary Race Report…….Official Track Press Release on its way …but heres some highlights:
                                Bill Masiello wins Comp. Elim, & Top Speed Award-183 mph…..Vinnie Lyons wins 4-Speed in the original Rye Ford Cobra Jet (The same way he did in ’68 ! ) The Blake family has a repeat performance from last year ….Runner-Up In Dover New with The Mustang And Son Wins Bike Elim. Oldest Running Dover Car Award-Pat & Mike DeStafano ! …car hooking up to a great wheelstand and 11:5’s (Want THAT PHOTO!) Best Club or Organization Particpation Award – the rag-tag M&M Speed Racing Team…Mikey taking it to Rich in Florida……Mikey winning this years Long Distance Award,due to comimg straight from his house. Tom Blake actually drove ‘south’ to the track after seeing the sights all over for a week. Down for count with breakage…Chuck’s Rampage -no oil pressure,Tomatoe head-blown U-Joint….fixed but yoke bent….Kevin Bleakley ,’strange Engine noises” ….Pauls Willys ,bad broken header weld …..Ron Moreheadsd Volvo…actually won first round win ,when opponent red-lighted ,if he fixed it -He was still in ,but not to happen.More as I get some Sleep and remember….Les Madus Did A remarlable start to finish Photo Essay of the whole two days….”Marty,When we receive the disc, you’re gonna see some seeious s**t.”….Had some downtime with a motorcycle track incident, so the fans were treated to a great discussion between Me and ‘the Voice of Island” -announcer Hank….on the complete history of the Dover And Island early timing systems.THAT should have been recorded.

fastlane

WOW 😀 WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND FOR DRAG RACING PERFECT WEATHER ON BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY . A BIG THANKS TO DINO AND HIS CREW FOR PUTTING ON THERE 2ND ANNUAL DOVER DRAG STRIP RACE AT ISLAND THIS WEEKEND . SORRY I DIDNT MAKE THE FINALS AS MY HARLEY SPORTSTER WAS RUNNING QUICKER ON EACH AND EVERY PASS SUNDAY WITH THE COOL AND CLOUDY CONDITIONS THERE . BREAK OUT 😮 BUT ANYWAY I JUST WANT TO SAY CONGATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNNERS IN EACH AND EVERY CLASS THERE ESPECIALLY MR. VINNY LYONS IN HIS COBRA JET MUSTANG AFTER STRUGGLING WITH GETTING THE CAR TO RUN ANY DECENT NUMBERS FROM SAT AND INTO SUNDAY MORNING HE CAME OUT ON TOP FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE 70S . 😎 BOTH HIM AND SKIP BIRDSELL PUT ON ONE HELL OF A BARBECUE SAT NITE AS I WAS INVITED TO STAY THERE WITH THEM AND ENJOY SUNDAY BREAKFEAST AS WELL . AND AS FAR AS THE DRAGS GO JUST LIKE ARNOLD ALWAYS SEZ ” I’LL BE BACK ” 😆 CHRIS ” FASTLANE ” 😎

dino
                                    Keymaster

Thanks guys….Lot of Great response on my e-mail -phones …will sort out and post …all I’m hearing is FUN everyone had ! Just Talked to Bobby Smith (Our Ace Event director-the one on the bike)…OMG ! as the kids would say …………WITH WHAT WE WERE DISCUSSING-HAVE WE GOT PLANS FOR 2011 -‘3rd annual’) )!! Have been on the phones all day ….If all goes as the way some pretty “heavy hitters” I’ve been talking to, goes …..Things are in for super New Stuff with the Next Race….As this one was as Cool as l our first one…..-we’ve been now, able to evaluate ALL the high points from both years …..Add in all the new ideas and -well- It ONLY GETS BETTER. Had tons of time ,this year to talk to everyone (+phones-e-mail) and have so much info on the positive side ….The 3rd annual will be The Biggest-Baddest -Wildest -Nostalgia Race a Dover Fan could handle.I wish I could let you in on whats being planned , but hey! …it’s only 2 days since the race. Lots more to call – lots more to work out. Oh-forgot ….just talked to a journalist,( yeah-phones going crazy here)….Watch for article and MORE future stuff to be printed by Tony Musso ,in the Poughkeepsie Journal. [Tony gets his car fixed at Vic’s Garage (thats Riches brother) -M&M fame. Only son Steve allowed to work on his car .] Tony is working with Brian on More goodies !

mikey

My camera is related to my car, they both need help. I lost all of Saturdays pics somehow, and most of Sundays as well. My wife thinks we might be able to retrieve them, so we’ll see. I’ll post what I have, but it’s not much, and mostly my car. I made two runs Saturday, one easy pass at 11:74, and one a little better at 11:01. Had battery issues all day, but did not realize it until Sunday. I let Rich’s(M&M)cousin drive the car Sunday as a payback for helping me out so much an Saturday. He’s a racer, and he gave me some good info, as did Rich. John Gunn also helped out with some info on the “crank trigger” timing adjustments that we wanted to make. We now know that the battery was shorted, and would slowly start dropping things off-line. Trans Brake first, because it pulls a lot of Amps, then, the Ignition boxes started loosing power slowing the car down, and with the electric fuel pump, electric water pump and fan, it just went down the crapper pretty quickly. Back home, I had thought that I just was not getting the battery fully charged, now I know I was wrong. Still though, I would not have missed this trip for anything. I had fun, got to run “Papa’s Toy” at Island. and had a great time. Even got invited to dinner with “Speed Casey” and brother Bobby on Saturday night.(Maso too). That alone was worth the trip.
                                            …………..Mikey 😆

Attachments:

mikey

Only lets me post five at a time. also, weird, I resized all the pics the same, and it says some are still too big. HUH?

Attachments:

mikey

Some more. 😀 I’ve got a few more, but I have to resize them even smaller. I’ll post them another time.

Attachments:

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Nice !….waiting for more to come in mail and got a lead on Every run photographed !
                                                        FOUND THIS in the Meantime:
                                                        http://public.fotki.com/3tech/cars-and-drag-racin/dover-dragstrip-nos/

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Track Photographers Galleries Are Now Up…Scroll down for Both Days :
                                                            http://www.printroom.com/GHome_main.asp?domain_name=janscreative

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

…….. starting to get back to the pictures posting still have some more 😀 …………… does anybody have any pictures of my car at the starting line ❓ ❓ I dont have any at the line …………tomato …

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 108 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.