RADIO STATIONS ? back then with Dover commercials

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? RADIO STATIONS ? back then with Dover commercials

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Don’t know but think mostly AM .Dover Did do stuff on Wplr -Milford .ct. Thinking Poughkeepsie ,N.Y. the logical start.— “What stations did You hear Ads for Dover On?” —And lets get searching those stations to see if they STILL have old Commercial tapes ..THAT would be awesome. ‘Dover CSI’ your mission: ! 1-were they on the air then 2- can someone search the files ?

dino
        Keymaster

I contacted 2…WPLR in Milford,Ct I know we used them and a AM in Poughkeepsie …had to leave message on dumb machines .No reply yet.

dino
            Keymaster

WE need some Geeks to track down “the Cousin Brucie” Dover ads on WABC radio 77, Am -out of New York City. Dover Historian mentions it in her book …but I can’t find. I went pretty far as to find Old Radio Freaks that have the stuff…but got bogged down with the tech Stuff and contact info with no responses …Joland ? got any leads to go with here …someone needs to do the time consuming search work here.If its out there I GOT TO HAVE !

vindicator
                Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY DINO…U…MIGHT WANT TO CONTACT HANK DINGER…LONG…LONG…TIME ANNOUNCER @ ISLAND DRAGWAY (NJ)… “COUSIN”BRUCE MORROW USED TO “RACE” THERE ON OCCASION..AND DO SOME PROMOTIONAL WORK FOR THE KOWALIK FAMILY (STILL FAMILY OWNED) SON-IN LAW TONY RUNS IT…MAYBE HE COULD HELP/PUT ..U..IN TOUCH.. TOO…OR THE ONE AND ONLY..ANDY 😆 😆 😆 …HE’LL HAVE “BRUCE” CALLING U…IN NO TIME!!! 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE…DO SEEM TO REMEMBER RADIO WPLR(?) IN POUGHKEEPSIE…AND DANBURY/NEW MILFORD STATION “AIRING” WHEN DOVER BOOKED US (EAST COAST FUEL FUNNY CAR CIRCUIT)…’70-’71-’72…’73?… 😀 😀 😀 P.S. HANK’S WIFE…”PATTY”-PATRICIA PASSED AWAY…JUST A SHORT TIME AGO…HANK’S A GENTLEMAN..IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD…ISLAND DRAGWAY & THE KOWALIK FAMILY WAS ALWAYS GOOD TO US..THEY BOOKED US THERE OFTEN THROUGHOUT THE LATE 60’S THRU ALL THE 70’S…WE CONTINUED TO RACE THERE SEMI- REGULARLY(80’S FORWARD) WITH ALL THE CARS/JR DRAGSTERS’…’TILL 2006..WHEN U…SHOWED US THE “LIGHT” OF NORTH CAROLINA… 😆 😆 😆

dino
                    Keymaster

Gotta sort this out :Andy Who?…..WPLR was Bridgeport – tried (Stoneman!…dripping into your mind on stereo 99)…nobody there was born yet. Danbury -New Milford station forgot about -I’ll get on that…and poughkeepsie station no luck tried. Some stuff still available for N.Y Natl. ..but haven’t found Dover Yet …will check with Island ‘ The Brucie ‘ would know …but can he be found ?

vbob
                        Participant

Hey
                            Cousin Brucie ,had him in the attic till the cops found out,had to let him out!!
                            Chas and AJ , wplr 99.1 now have a web site ,maybe can contact them about Stoneman usta be on WPLR before them!!

‘V’

vindicator
                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY DINO..COULD IT HAVE BEEN WPLJ (POUGHKEEPSIE???)…THE ANDY… I WAS THINKIN’ ‘BOUT IS PLAIN BUSTED/ANDY 😀 😀 😀 …I JUST DON’T RECALL CALL LETTERS OF DANBURY/NEW MILFORD…POUGHKEEPSIE…BACK IN THE DAY…DO FEEL PRETTY CONFIDENT…IF ANDY CAN’T COME UP WITH “COUSIN” BRUCIE…THAT TONY/HANK DINGER @ ISLAND CAN GET YOU IN “TOUCH” 🙂 🙂 🙂 DRAKE

anonymous

Hey Guys,

Before you contact any station you will probably need the year that the spot was aired. Then you might want to advise advise them that you are doing a video documentary and would like to include there radio spot. Not sure what else you can do and if the stations would still have the spots from back then?

Andy

billy-casey

back in the 60s cousin Brucie was on ABC -AM … FM didn’t get popular until around 1970… Billy

dino
                                        Keymaster

WRKI- New Milford-Danbury…working a deal with ol Ethan Kerry…Old guy still there. He’s away for Holidays and hope to have some news. Most stations threw out all their old “Carts” (tape cartridges)—kind of like 8-tracks, with ad spots and thats real old technology…everything now computer mpeg.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Still tracking this down….Maybe some New Guys have a source…needs real deep internet hunt .

anonymous

I remember hearing ads for Dover on WICC in Bridgeport.
                                                    Al Baran

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Thanks for the lead…I’ll track that down..came up with zero for WPLR too. Taked to Paul Baker today -WLAD -Danbury…he goes WAY back (announcer at Danbury Stock car track) Said no for his Station…must have been WINE in Danbury .Checked with them …nobody knows anything. All the old stuff is gone, along with the announcers .

cullyflower

Hey Cousin Brucie is on Sirius satellite radio. Channel 5 weds. 5-9 pm. and saturday night 8-12 midnite.
                                                            You can email him cousinbrucie@siriusradio.com. Maybe he would help out the extended family with
                                                            some new commercials just like the old commercials.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Done…lets see what happens???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.