RADIO STATIONS ? back then with Dover commercials

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? RADIO STATIONS ? back then with Dover commercials

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    fstock427wagon

HI GUYS, I KNOW THAT THERE IS A WEBSITE FOR THE OLD WABC AM MUSIC RADIO IT IS CALLED MUSICRADIO77.COM
        IT IS A TRIBUTE SITE AND HAS ALOT OF AIRCHECKS. I HAVE LISTENED TO THEM ,SOME ARE CLIPPED (SHORTENED} THEY ARE FROM NEW YORK NATIONAL AND ENGLISHTOWN. Really Cool !! I WORK AT SIKORSKY AIRCRAFT AND ONE OF MY CO-WORKERS IS A FORMER D.J. AND IS INTO OLD RADIO AIRCHECKS (HE KNOWS EVERYBODY IN THE RADIO BUSINESS} SO IF THERE IS ANYTHING
        OUT THERE I’M SURE HE CAN FIND IT. I WILL GLADLY SUPPLY THIS WEBSITE WITH WHATEVER I FIND.

ALAN PETERS JR.
        F/SA 427 Impala Wagon.

dino
        Keymaster

Thanks Al …put him on it …I tryed getting trough to Ol Cousin Brucie…But he’s very “shielded” Sirius Radio is just Phone Tag .

maso
            Participant
                quote dinotheweirdo:

WE need some Geeks to track down “the Cousin Brucie” Dover ads on WABC radio 77, Am -out of New York City. Dover Historian mentions it in her book …but I can’t find. I went pretty far as to find Old Radio Freaks that have the stuff…but got bogged down with the tech Stuff and contact info with no responses …Joland ? got any leads to go with here …someone needs to do the time consuming search work here.If its out there I GOT TO HAVE !

http://www.sirius.com/cousinbrucie

dino
                Keymaster

That E-mail doesn’t Work..its just a cover for “customer service” …I went as far as Calling them and hitting all kinds of “offices-people” and Got NO where …BUT Me and our new forum Member” primitivegeorge” ARE COOKING up a surprise ! …Hes a working DJ AT STATION IN POUGKEEPSIE WITH ACCESS TO A “LOT” OF RADIO THINGS …WATCH FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF OUR “little collaboration”.

dino
                    Keymaster

Just bumped this up for the new guys…Remember —LOT OF stuff here ! use the search feature and came up with 0 for all the stations contacted …Will check with our new friend Hank the announcer at Island ,to track down the “Cousin Brucie” connection …Might try this New Guys for fun while we’re on the subject :

Boston Celtics

dino
                        Keymaster

Leave it to Brian….He Knows where Cousin Brucie LIVES….could be just a weekend ‘retreat’…but its right in his town -Kingston!…so we are going to try a few contact schemes and corner ole Brucie . Not as extreme as note wrapped on rock thrown threw window ….’but we have our ways’. Stand by for updates.

vbob
                            Participant

HEY
                                Here he is !!
                                ‘V’
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxb8PD_uQPE

bobrizzi

Dino go on Facebook search for Cousin Brucie and just send him an e-mail direct .If you put him down as A FRIEND most of the times they respond one on one….. Riz~~~

dino
                                    Keymaster

Found ! ….Brian & I HAVE found The Real Cousin Brucies House! /Mailing Address & Phone # …which I of course left a message on .Near Kingston…thinking its a weekend ‘retreat” more as I get it …oh-he’s 74.

dino
                                        Keymaster

No tapes exist at any stations…most employees not even born when Dover Ran…IF someone was clever enough and had the equipment back then to record a commercial…it would have been on reel to reel tape.Then it had to be converted to digital. Sme stuff Is around BUT very rare.Even if a “cart” exsisted…there’s no equiptment to play it on. So We are going to Recreate One….Maybe Brucie Will help.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Just sent a letter to Cousin Bruce, to rattle his cage…next step, Land assualt by Kingston operatives on Morrow ‘estate’ ….V-bob and Patina will need Kauer and Frank as Back-up to cover Brian disguised as local propane delivery man with appropriated truck……live rounds issued. Surround and secure …..”go,go,go, such a groovy show ….with Cousin Bruce”

dino
                                                Keymaster

Communicating with Bruce through FACEBOOK private messaging….He wrote me back with contact info…waiting for another reply!

bobrizzi

Dino this Facebook thing works, say thank you Riz~~

……Thank You Riz 😉 got the Facebook thing down…But Twitter confuses me.[dino]

dino
                                                        Keymaster

CB- “Cousin Bruce” and I ,are now in E-mail communication…waiting for his latest response to some “Things” …we are negotiating …. more as I get it.

bobrizzi

Dino just watch the Facebook thing I get a lot of wack jobs going through Rizzi’s Auto Parts Website …….. Riz~~

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.