Sport Fury in Sweden

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Sport Fury in Sweden

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    mopar-ubbe

Hi, I bought a Sport Fury in Las Vegas that have a pair of Dover stickers. Has it been on the strip?

dino
        Keymaster

Sorry to inform you .BUT those are Bad Reproductions …I have an Original and they never had the Clear around the edges .Those are inside application Ours Were Outside application, for that year..Were straight die-cut Screen Printed .BUT the former owner “Could” have wanted to duplicate the original long lost ones…Some how there may be a Northest USA connection ….Never know.SEE: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1387&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=bogus

mopar-ubbe

Okay.. it has been in Missouri before it came to vegas, still has winter tires on. Thats good cause we have a lot of snow now!

Attachments:

maso
                Participant

It looks to be in really nice condition.

vbob
                    Participant

HEY
                        We buy SUBARU for the winter in Connecticut!
                        I didnt know they used still used MOPARS in the winter , posi rear and the trunk is probably filled with sand ,salt and a couple of shovels!
                        OH,put chains on it when it really gets slippery!!
                        ‘V’

don-kauer

Please get that nice nice classic Mopar out of the bad weather….I have an S Line A4 Audi Quattro that I will trade you for that if you want a good winter car…………………..Don Kauer……….

jackman
                            Participant

mopar_ubbe Congrats on the nice car šŸ˜Ž , how about a motor shot? I noticed that a lot of Mopars are going over to Sweden ……..

mopar-ubbe

It has an 318 poly engine, and itĀ“s gonna stay so. I dont drive in salt, just in the snow. I have a 1965 Coronet that IĀ“m gonna put a straight axel in the front and a Keith Black aluminiun hemi in. ItĀ“s gonna be like an AF/X. Posting a picture of it later this day. ( ItĀ“s morning here in Sweden now, and IĀ“m at work)

dino
                                    Keymaster

Sweden isn’t that big…might track down our other Swedish guys on the forum here ,doing the Restoation of the Super Pumpkin…Peter Lilja & ‘associates’.Dover Drag Strip EURO division šŸ˜€

mopar-ubbe

Here is a picture of the Coronet, it has not arriwed to Sweden yet, I took some pictures when I bought it in Willows CA.

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Looks like a few “other’ projects ,lurking that garage.

mopar-ubbe

The engine block came to Sweden today! ItĀ“s a Keith Black Hemi! Have to figure out if I going with a blower or a cross ram before I order the stroker kit.

Attachments:

mopar-ubbe

Just bought Arlen Akron VankeĀ“s original I/R intake! And Dino the decals on the Sport Fury is water decals.

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

….. MAN thats some BLOCK ā— and the intake is something else TOO šŸ˜Æ cant wait to see the HEADS šŸ˜Æ ā— and does the block have water jacket ā“

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Still can’t figure the Dover Decals…Not originals but someone in its history, wanted to connect for “some reason”…Do you have any info on former owners and their locations? Might find some sort of realivance if a early owner was from New York ,Conn. or at least the Northeast region.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.