Super Pumpkin info from England !

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Super Pumpkin info from England !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Hi all… My name is Steve Hale and I live in the UK. A long way from Dover you may say and ”why is he here?” Truth is I never really knew about Dover dragway other than a name but I have been steered here by a car. I was crew man on Bill Casey’s ‘Super Pumpkin’ 57 Chevy during some of it’s time in the UK. I love that car with a passion and have a fairly good record of it’s life since leaving Bill. I went on to race my own cars but strangely my times with ‘The Pumpkin’ were the real favourites when I look back on things. Despite my health not being as good as it was I still retain my love of cars and currently have a 392 powered 34 Ford on the road along with a couple of other projects.
        Looking forward to studying the history of your track and hope you don’t mind me being here. Most of all I would like to live out a 30 year ambition of actually talking to Bill!
        Thank you…. 😀

Attachments:

vbob
        Participant

Hey

Steve
            Welcome to Wingdale, New York.
            You are part of the DDS extended family!!
            I see you had a taste of New England winter!!
            Join ODF and get to see all the great photos !!
            Post pics of your car and any others yo might have of the ‘Super Squash’ !!
            Good to have you on board the SS Dover Drag Strip.Com cruz ship !!
            Don’t wish too hard for meeting Billy,if you got good eyes you can look across the pond and see him on the other shore on the beaches of Rode Island !!
            Get you friends on the site,love to have em!!!
            Best of health to y a!!

‘V’Bob

anonymous

Thanks for the warm welcome Bob. Talking to Bill on here would be just fine! 🙂

vbob
                Participant

Hey

Billy,someones knocking on your door!!

‘V’

dino
                    Keymaster

BILLY ! Talk to the man…he’s been baby sitting the Pumpkin ! ” Plump with the pump”….I made a funny
                        really great to see the old girl being taken car of…man if that car could talk. …Ill’ dig up some ODF photos for ole “Plump” to see here in action !

dino
                        Keymaster

Heres Some ! lot more in ODFGalleries ! …like ’68-’69…changed wheels a lot ! and who’s passed out there? …lunch at Sam’s ?

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Plumpcars just became an ODF !..Our first in UK ! “Plump”, I only am aware of Eurodragster.com …Any Better “Euro” websites, to maybe contact “Brits” that might have Ameican or Dover former Race Cars ? Other countries Too (In English)

anonymous

There is a nostalgia site in the UK Dino. I’m not sure about the rest of Europe though.
                                    I was put onto this site by one of your posters coming on the UKdrn site.

http://www.ukdrn.co.uk/

dino
                                    Keymaster

THIS SITE IS GREAT…looks like ours…Look what I found in General Photos heading :” Scenes from the Pits” Lot of stuff Here …Take some time …we’ll find all kinds of stuff !

Attachments:

anonymous

I would like to add that I found this site with the guidance of ‘Dragfarout’. He came looking ‘in England’ for some information on Super Pumpkin and found me. I have been chasing information on the car myself for a number of years but apart from a couple of photos (1 ’57, 1 Camaro) I always drew a blank with Bill Casey. It’s a great feeling to finally be able to put together a lot of the cars history and learn about ‘it’s soul’.
                                            Thanks so much to all concerned. 😀

hvy70ss
                                            Participant

How cool is this!! “Whoda Thunk?? ” The internet is amazing. Welcome aboard.

Bob Smith

masracingtd1167
                                                Participant

Billy Griffin and I went to visit Billy yesterday . we spent most of the day bench racing I guess that’s what we do the best.

masracingtd1167
                                                    Participant
                                                        bossguy

Billy Caseys the only guy I know that can blow up an engine bench racing!

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Billy …this Guy Steven Hale wants to get in touch with you …Click on his user name to see his Profile …his e-mail right there !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.