Super Pumpkin info from England !

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Super Pumpkin info from England !

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    billy-casey

hi dino,,, billy here …just sent a mess. to steve hale in the UK and charlie wilson [dragfarout] … how great this is …i’m alittle under the weather again with a newly discovered health issue so i’ve been doing alot of running around …nice job on the pumpkin icon you and maso did ,,, i wish my teeth were that good 😛 billy

anonymous

Billy it’s great to hear from you…thanks so much for writing and sorry to hear about your health. Hope things are not too bad. I’ve sent 2 private messages but not sure if they are going through? Could you maybe let me know when you have a chance please.
            Thanks. 🙂
            Steve.

maso
            Participant
                quote Billy Casey:

hi dino,,, billy here …just sent a mess. to steve hale in the UK and charlie wilson [dragfarout] … how great this is …i’m alittle under the weather again with a newly discovered health issue so i’ve been doing alot of running around …nice job on the pumpkin icon you and maso did ,,, i wish my teeth were that good 😛 billy

YW…!!! . . . Billy; thats ‘your welcome’

😆

How did the ’57 “Super Pumpkin” end up in England…??? Will somebody please fill me in on that…? Inquiring minds in Florida want to know

billy-casey

hi Tom … great talkin to you again … the last year i raced the 57 was 1972 ,,, i realized that if i really wanted to compete i had to build a comaro or nova… but i didnt want to sell the 57 … but i was married with one kid , just opened the gas station , and just bought a house and to top that it was 1973 ,the 1st gas shortage , so i had to sell one of the cars … someone like a broker was buying race cars for buyers in the UK … gave him a price and it was on a ship in two weeks … i cryed that day i dropped it off 😥 😥 😥 … so thats how it got over there … Billy

tomblake
                    Participant

Billy….What a nice collection of information on your old race car. It is turning out to be one of the most interesting race car histories on the site. I wish I had the same luck finding my old ’55.

maso
                        Participant

What a sad story…!!!

Heartbreak…

Still… I’ll just bet that those British people really appreciated the car, and a lot better than a typical
                            American buyer would have too.

don-kauer

Some great shots of the 57 and cool stories 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.