TEAM CHECK-IN..RACERS & Show Cars

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 4th Annual Dover Drag Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags 2012 TEAM CHECK-IN..RACERS & Show Cars

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

The Old Saying is “you Can’t Please Everyone All of the time”. Some of the responses we get to our race at The ‘Hamb” -Jalopy Journal….Its Not A real “Nostalgia Race”…”Track owners don’t have clue”. Like to know where the NATIONAL POLITICALLY CORRECT NOSTALGIA RACING ASSOCITION RULE BOOK is. Some of these guys Make up most of this stuff from “I HAVE no IDEA” guidelines. If it was raced or made after 1964 ..its just NOT Good enough for them. Where-ever they go or whatever someone does ,is Never good enough for them .They must have a miserable life.Great Quote from Steve Earwood in the Tower at Rockingham Dragway. His Weekly cry-baby made his way to the tower ,as he did Every Week. Blah-blah-blah about this and that and how come? Why This ?….He looks at him and says
        “Why Do you do this ? what kind of enjoyment is it?…maybe you should take up golf”. Come to the Race & Show …Have Some Fun…See your old buddies…burn up some Gas ….But Please Have a Good Time.We ain’t getting any younger…sure… should have done all this years ago…lets make the best of it.

masracingtd1167
        Participant

Dino that’s why our race is the best ! I think im almost as exited as V Bob This year Seymore is coming and so is Dianne who also worked at Dover.

tomblake
            Participant

Excited, let me tell you about excitement.
                Does anyone think putting a car together in 7 months, not finished, untested and expects to race after traveling 1300 miles is not excited? I am excited or crazy (not asking for comments here, thanks)
                The plan is to finish the car before Saturday and test at the Valley before the race. 😀
                This has got to be the most fun an old Dover racer can have.
                Thanks to Dino, Brian and all the ODF’s, old and new friends, that put this together every year.

mikey

I agree 100% with Tom, and I wish that I could be there. You guys have fun, and be SAFE. 😆

masracingtd1167
                    Participant

Tom you are a great inspiration to all of us !

don-kauer

Hey Dino…………Against some ill feelings and not being able to run a car anymore I’ve decided to go on Saturday 🙂 🙂 ..I’m coming up with my 2 brothers John Shimer and Joe Sciacca….Joe is my bodyguard for the day 😀 ……….I need to see Tom Blake”s 55 , I really need to see everyone again and I need some serious chill time…Looking forward to seeing you all.. 😎

john-sachs-sr
                            Participant
                                quote dinotheweirdo:

The Old Saying is “you Can’t Please Everyone All of the time”. Some of the responses we get to our race at The ‘Hamb” -Jalopy Journal….Its Not A real “Nostalgia Race”…”Track owners don’t have clue”. Like to know where the NATIONAL POLITICALLY CORRECT NOSTALGIA RACING ASSOCITION RULE BOOK is. Some of these guys Make up most of this stuff from “I HAVE no IDEA” guidelines. If it was raced or made after 1964 ..its just NOT Good enough for them. Where-ever they go or whatever someone does ,is Never good enough for them .They must have a miserable life.Great Quote from Steve Earwood in the Tower at Rockingham Dragway. His Weekly cry-baby made his way to the tower ,as he did Every Week. Blah-blah-blah about this and that and how come? Why This ?….He looks at him and says
                                “Why Do you do this ? what kind of enjoyment is it?…maybe you should take up golf”. Come to the Race & Show …Have Some Fun…See your old buddies…burn up some Gas ….But Please Have a Good Time.We ain’t getting any younger…sure… should have done all this years ago…lets make the best of it.

X2 😉

dino
                                Keymaster

Ok As the Blues Brothers Said …”WERE GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER” If Kauer Comes ,That makes my day! Many who have missed the first 3 are planning to attend…so look around …you never know WHO might be looking back!…if ya can recognize them.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Charlie Bell from Binghamton just called to say ,he’s bringing his “Lil Brute” clone Valient for the show. He Owned it once after the Centolanza Bros. and ran a bunch of cars At Dover before going to ‘Nam’….. and the Hits keep on coming!

masracingtd1167
                                        Participant

Dino don’t worry about the guy’s on the HAMB .Some of them are so caught up in the way it was that they can’t see what’s in front of them . I totally love the old cars and think they are great it was a special time to be a kid growing up in that era. They say that all of the new technology ruined drag racing all it did was change it and make it safer . If drag racing had stayed the same it shurly would have died . I have nothing but respect for the early racers it was theire blood and sweat and some gave their lives to bring us to where we are today . If you are a real racer you learn to accept change . Again I want to thank you and everone else that has made this such a great race and website This is the true spirit of drag racing and I love every miute of it . This is something I have wanted to say for a while and I hope I did not offend anyone . Hey Don you better show up or me and Laragina are gonna kick your butt!

lee-valentine

I will be in attendence with my son Bryan’s camero as I have put many runs on my car lately. hope to see many old friends. Lee

wilmasboyl78

Got the BB Nova out of storage today…will be there bright and early on Saturday morning. Looking forward to seeing all the M & M boys and having some fun!

See ya then…Tom

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

…… DON I HOPE TO SEE YOU TOO ❗ 😀 ….. I had a DREAM you showed up in a BIG BLOCK CHEVY DUMP TRUCK ❗ 😀 😮 ……….. and dont worry Iam bringing my son Michael with me he will protect you , 6’1″ 245lbs ❗ 😀 he will be there with me to pick up the pieces 😀 …….. so I have booked my room about 16 miles from the track will race both days ❗ god bless you all see you sooner then you think ❗

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

On the road heading north NOW,Tony Mone and his “ODD JOB” too El camino. Plus Bill Mullins, pulling out of Greensboro tomorrow morning…..Oh-Boy Oh -Boy this is getting Good.V-Bob…Pass the paper bag

fastlane

o.k. dino i am loading up my stuff tomorrow morning and headin on outta here in stamford before the afternoon rains / showers come again so they say you know those weather people 🙄 and will be staying over my buddy waynes house saturday nite in cannan ct. at the top of rt.7 and rt.44 then its only another a half hour to 45 minutes to lebanon valley dragway for us to get there on sunday morning. this guys good friends with denny from jacobs garage in falls village and our own skippy north from back here in the day. so its sunday sunday sunday ! for me and i will see you all there . fastlane 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.