Teasers From Murphy Collection

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK Teasers From Murphy Collection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Here’s some “teasers” …get it ? from about 20 shots I just received from Old Cruise Night Buddy Don Murphy of Bethel, Ct. Charlie Ludington’s “E-Teezer” and Mitch Mitchell’s “Strip Teaser”.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

More from Don. here’s A car I always liked …Don’t have a clue who ran it. Any Help ?

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Heres another From Don….Frank Saunders’s street -strip- cruise night Roadster with big block Ford .

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Ok…one more til I crop-edit-size the whole collection…Best shot so far of John Galli’s Pro nova. Anyone heard from him lately? need him at our Race.

Attachments:

hvy70ss
                    Participant

Dino…I believe I’ve seen those “teaser” cars…Camaro and Nova. Any idea what years they are from @ Dover?

Bobby Smith

dino
                        Keymaster

My best guess judging from Mongoose And Mones Odd-Job in background…About 69-70.

don-kauer

Dino……….I can get in touch with Galli……..

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Dino, I believe Tom Blake knows some of the history on the SUNDOWN 55 Chevy C/MP.
                                    I think Tom told me that this car belonged to a Rich Greenwood of Stratford, CT.?? I always
                                    loved that car and watched it all the time when I was running my 55 in the modified class.
                                    That’s a nice picture. Too bad the picture is cut off at the bottom. I been looking for a
                                    picture of that car for a long time, so this is a great find !! ty

Frank… 8-
                                    ps. Notice the raised rear wheel wells, just like mine and Ralph Ridgeway’s
                                    ”DEB’S” 55 Chevy… ๐Ÿ˜† Oh yeah, on the trunk lid of the SUNDOWN 55 it
                                    said “YOU HAVE JUST BEEN SUN BURNT” โ— ๐Ÿ˜†

Attachments:

tomblake
                                    Participant

Frank is correct, Rich Greenwood had a service station just up the road from Center Auto. Center Auto is where I met Don Scinto and that’s where he started doing all the machine work on my engines back than.
                                        I had stopped to see Rich building that car as he progressed to having a pretty neat race car. It’s good to see these picture coming out of the Dover history.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Ok …another…just a great shot Of Richie & Gil’s Shottgun Express. Know the guy leaning on the trailer, Gil is talking to?

Attachments:

super-sport-pete

DINO, the wheel wells and paint were done by “Sandy” Sanford. he was a world class body man who worked at Towne auto body in Stratford at the time. the car was painted in richies gas station. straight enamel,no orange peel at all. absolutely flawless. Sandy was one of those WWII aircraft bodymen who painted and made parts when none were available.it says “paint by sandy” on the lower quarter. I know Sandys name was on the car. TRIVIA QUESTION, what color was it before it was yellow?

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

Hey Pete, are you going to give us any clues on the previous color of Rich’s 55 โ“ ๐Ÿ˜†
                                                    Did Rich race it before it was painted yellow โ“ I don’t remember seeing a lot of
                                                    55’s with a vinyl tops back then. All I know Jack is that when Rich’s yellow 55 showed
                                                    up at either Dover or CT Dragway, IT GOT MY ATTENTION โ— ๐Ÿ˜† “Loved it” โ—

Frank… ๐Ÿ˜Ž

dino
                                                    Keymaster
                                                        quote Don Kauer:

Dino……….I can get in touch with Galli……..

WE need him to show At the Race ! Fred ‘s coming with the southern Westchester crew again. Last time I phoned John…like 2-3 years ago ,he was trying to find the old coupe and planning on making another Nova ‘clone’ …Check it out.

patina
                                                        Participant

Re: JOHN GALLI Still At it !
                                                            Postby dinotheweirdo ยป Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:40 pm

Pat just went by Old news on Tates Website…I’ll call John and see whats up.

Notice the date maybe Dennis knows the whereabouts of the car I see he’s on http://drag.racersreunion.com/. It’s important to get all these guys to either “Dover Fest” the race or the reunion. Shake some of these guys up (be careful not to break any bones ๐Ÿ™„ )

Pat

dino
                                                            Keymaster

That website ancient news…Don K. says he’ll call him.Westchester Automotive still open…that’s where I got him about 2 years ago…comes in, reads the paper, drinks coffee…kinda semi-retired. Fred Egloff could probably get in touch too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.