Teasers From Murphy Collection

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK Teasers From Murphy Collection

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

Dino I just registered on http://drag.racersreunion.com/ and YOU should join (if your not already) and really talk up
        Dover 6. I met a guy on there that was looking for “The Brute” 55 chevy gasser of Lobianco, it raced at Westhampton. Anyway the guy I met knows the MG and has a 65 GTO with a 461″ Pontiac motor. He tells me “maybe we’ll meet up at Englishtown” Lives on LI. Do YOU have any preliminary flyers made yet?

Pat

dino
        Keymaster
            super-sport-pete

FRANK, I thought maybe someone else would chime in about the color. the clue is in the picture. Richie’s 67 Riviera, the tow car, that blue color. the hood of the 55 BLEW OFF on a run. I remember him making a run without the hood. that was a classy rig at the time, both cars painted the same combo. he flat towed to INDY one year. he drove that RIV into the 90’s. he took “Sundown” apart around 1970. My buddy bought the STAHL headers from it.

frank-j-majauskas
                Participant

Pete, thanks for the info on SUNDOWN i just loved that car and the way it ran. I did do
                    some investigating through Tom Blake and found out the color of the motor in Richie’s 55.
                    Richie called it ”psychedelic mustard puke”. 😆 Tom said that he liked the color and also
                    used it on his motor. 😆 Sad to think that SUNDOWN got taken apart and never raced again
                    or became a street car. BUT, so many other race cars ended up the same way. 👿 No one
                    had the foresight ❗ 😮

Frank… 😎

super-sport-pete

FRANK, lets get this over with. “SUNDOWN” , sat in a gas station for about 15 yrs. (a friend of richies). many people tried to buy it. then off to his house. a guy I know towed it, and the Riviera from his house to SCRAP. HE said it was sunk I/2 way up to the doors in the ground. it crumbled as he tried to pull it on the flatbed. ended up in pieces. sad, but that’s what he told me. also about the same time he took away the “MONKEYS UNCLE” because the house was sold. this was in the past couple years.

dino
                        Keymaster

Well….I’ll be a “Monkey’s Uncle” …just happen to have this in Murphy’s new Collection…was Don Scinto’s.

Attachments:

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.