The First Match Racers …64-65

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK The First Match Racers …64-65

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s

Doc with the altered wheel base & injected,,
        same sunday with strip blazer V & swc match race
        july ’67

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Promised o’l Flintstone ,I’d doctor this up…1966 big meet from Bobby S. stuff:

Attachments:

briant

Dino , Nice to see the car of Malcolm Durham , 64 chevelle , I met him that day at the diner a few miles out from dover and he showed me his car and explained all there was to know . always a big fan of his. As far as the Coppola Plymouth , The car sat at his fathers Plymouth dealership in Wspt. Ct in the back field until at least 1969. still in the shape that it was when it crashed at Dover. I went back a few yrs later and the car and dealership were gone. Donny Coppola used to take the car on the Merritt Pkwy and well back then you can guess. I had heard he moved to Fla. many many yrs ago.

gramdog1
                Participant

1964-Lebanon Valley-Charlie Castaldo’s C/gas ’55 Chevy versus Gramatan Dodge’s SS/A ’63 Polara.
                    Dodge sweeps 2 straight. Was this the reason Charlie switched to Mopar? 🙄 🙄 😆
                    Sorry,no pics.

dino
                    Keymaster

Yo DOG…as ‘Randy on Idol’ would say…On a roll here … Found this, who’s that with the glasses on ?

Attachments:

gramdog1
                        Participant

Dino,that must be me 🙄 I’m the only team member who needed them.
                            No Bossguy,thatwasn’t the reason 😆 😆

bossguy

I’ll need independent verification from Maso on that LOL 😆

dino
                                Keymaster
                                    quote Gramdog1:

Dino,that must be me 🙄 I’m the only team member who needed them.
                                    No Bossguy,thatwasn’t the reason 😆 😆

Thought it might be Castaldo …didn’t he wear glasses? …would be cool depicting same day you mentioned.

maso
                                    Participant
                                        quote bossguy:

I’ll need independent verification from Maso on that LOL 😆

I really have no idea who that is with the glasses and it certainly isn’t the GramDog. I didn’t hang out much with the Broderick team, I hung in just a little with the Gallaghar team.

The GramDog should know, Larry Nutson thinks it’s Richard Rickman, but it doesn’t look like him to me and I grew up across the street from the Rickman brothers. Unless Richard gained a lot of weight and lost a lot of hair in just a few years and started to ware glasses… 😯

clicata

Just to put my 2 cents in ,but the guy in the picture has a Ford racing shirt on (check the right breast pocket ) could it be sombody who ran a Thunderbolt?

patina
                                            Participant

Might be it looks like his hands are under the fender maybe loosening up some bolts 😆 😆 😆 😆

Pat

dino
                                                Keymaster

Wow,,,eagle eye Pat. I’ll zoom in on original tomorrow.

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

……… it could be a trick …. ❓ …… a Ford shirt … ❓ and a white one ………. how did they keep them clean ❓ ❓

bossguy

Good catch Chas! It kinda looks like Roy Orbison 🙄

dino
                                                            Keymaster

best I could do …T-bolt patch for sure …zoomed in …kinda think his embroidered first name starts with J.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.