The Planning Has Begun

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    ricky-white
    Participant

Reading the posts I think things ran pretty well for the amount on cars entered. Yes I waited too, but back in the Dover days I had to sit in the staging lanes chocking on that brown dirt dust. Far as recognizing the original Dover drivers, an easy way may be just do as I did this year went to local sign shop and had them make a sign with name and years that I raced at Dover. Even thought I was there with my older brother starting in 69. I just put years in raced. This way there will be no extra work involved for staff. The staff in tower, everyone in stands and pits will be able to able to see your an ODF. Every little bit we each can do our self will help make a more successful event next year.

Attachments:

mikey

Dino, The Dover thing is yours and ours 😀 . We bitch to you just for that reason 😕 . I think we should discuss ways to make it better, not bigger, and this is just my opinion 😯 . But you just can’t say the hell with it and you don’t want to talk about it 😮 . It just needs a little help in the organizational area, and I thought that was your forte 🙄 . ……………….Mikey :mrgreen:

bucksnort57

Ricky White offered a good idea.

Me,I am just a spectator but the big oildown Sat did not help.
                Buddy of mine works on the track crew and is very efficient along with the rest of them.
                He had a prior commitment Sat so just worked Sunday.
                Over a couple beers last week he said,knowing the numerous classes,he wrote them all down in his notebook and
                proceeded to staging lanes and started moving cars to the lanes they belonged in.He said lot of guys when asked,what lane/class should you be in,
                did not know so he straightened a bunch out.
                Eliminate test and tune would help.
                Easy fix might be couple 2×4 and poster board and magic marker at head of each lane with what class belongs there.
                Simple cheap fix.

Hell,I have spent 10-11 hours there running my Chevelle,just to get 1 time trial before eliminations.
                Sometimes things get screwy.

tomatohead
                Participant

……. I was parked in front of “RICKY WHITE” 😀 in the lanes and the only problem 😕 we had was cars breaking on the line or on track 😕 , I made two TTs on saturday 😀 and made two more on sunday 😀 , I was fine with that , I am with HVY70SS I thought it was a GOOD TIME ❗ I am sure it will be FINE again next year , DINO already said its just going to be DOVER , no test and tune ………… only the DOVER ELIMINATORS and NETO ECG NENDRA …………………………..

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

RE:
                        ” I’m pleased to announce Richie Head has Volunteered And immediately “hired’ to be my assistant to coordinate things and be my back-up. His son will take over the driving duties of his car ,freeing him up to be my right hand man .Rich has extensive event experience running “Dover Days” in Wingdale and being instrumental with administration duties with NETO…And best of all ,He’s just your basic “Nice Guy”. We will both be working behind the scenes now and up to the race. “Your Northeast Dover Drags Rep”

IN ADDITION TO RICH …At My Request to Return in a Help Position ,I received this Today:
                        “Dino…I would be glad to work as race director again. Actually, it would not bother me much to pass on running my car Sunday..I realized there’s way too much going on that you can miss if your racing. I believe the three of us can come up with solutions to these minor issues. I’ll call you next week to discuss.
                        Bobby Smith….”smitty”

kman
                        Participant

congrats rich and thanks for steppin’ up… bobby too … dino… i live less than 1/2 hour away from the valley… if you need me for anything just let me know…

dino
                            Keymaster

The ‘Dynamic Duo plus one”…Me Rich & Bobby…will be having meetings and planning ongoing. Rich’s computer is down for the count, so we’ll be using 3-way conference calls. We’ll be also setting up planning sessions with Wayne at Lebanon. New features will be added and some old retired. Look for a Drivers Meeting as originally planned at a reasonable attendance time.Not a gripe session But a information session. This requires All Drivers to be “In The House” at the same time. IF Drivers Meeting not ‘Doable…A Drivers Info Sheet with even diagrams and maps will be distributed…much like this year But with More Info. That Will Be Available weeks Before the event as a PDF download and print deal. I’m building a new “Mass-Mailing” E-Mail program,using “mail-Chimp” that will allow me to send a cool “Blog” type letter complete with photos and topics. We are also expanding our FaceBook presence. We urge you FaceBook users to “LIKE” the Dover DRAGSTRIP page.That will get you every new post on your page. NEXT is Other INTERNET Forums ,we’ll be posting On …IF You’re a user on ANY OTHER Forum…let us know ,so we can Register and post “Dover News” there. Or you can ‘copy-paste Our “news” and Post it Yourself….just THAT will save Me hours of typing and logging In.Much Of tht New Bit Stuff will be Here or on the New Mail-Chimp Mailings you’ll get. So lot in the works….KMAN you’re Hired As night Watchman next year…we’ll throw you snacks.

kman
                                Participant

DINO… thank you.. thank you… kman the night watchman !!!! .. i want a “security” tee shirt with a dover logo on it.. i already have the helmet.. rocking chair and shotgun.. i figure a good place to be would be in the tower.. nobody gettin’ in or out without the ol’ kdogg seein’ em’ !!!! … 😀 …. BUT…. just in case… i am gonna have my friend here down by the front gate in the ditch with the walkie talkie…. just in case….

dino
                                    Keymaster

Fine Tuning Behind the scenes has begun….Rich-Bobby and I are in ‘negotiations. Getting things Ok’d with Wayne. Some things take a couple of rabbit trail phone calls back & forth, with me feeling like a UN interpreter. 2 guys in N.Y., one in Ct. And Me down here.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Ok Gang….Been burning up the phone lines for a month or two. Tons of New adjustments-fine tuning and New Stuff going on.At the Track Howie is ‘cleaning some things up’ …some other Track news to report soon when Wayne fills me in. They’ve been planning for a couple of years to totally replace all the cement launch area…don’t know how that’s fitting in with weather & temperature issues. I know Wayne is pressing Howie to do it.When they Do that the Tree base will be refurbished too. Bob Sweatland ,who ‘manages’ our yearly Funny Car contingent ,is upping the stakes with a 8 Car Funny Car SHOOTOUT format. They’ll be running flat out in 1/8th mile eliminations, with more cars.The GASSER RACING SERIES (out the Buffalo area) members are gaining numbers committing to bring in some of their heavy hitters ,including a few AA/GS cars ,a bunch of their Nostalgia elim. cars and altereds.NETO is Back again for Both Days,confirmed at their last meeting. Taking the Cue from the Syracuse Nationals “Gasoline Alley” Nostalgia exhibit (See the separate topic on that)…we’re getting great replies from guys bring dynamite cars to display In Our own New “DRAG ALLEY” Nostalgia Drag Car display. Got commitments from as far away as Virginia and New Hampshire with Super Stocks-Pro-Stock and Funnys and Front motor cars. The new car show is being billed as “Rod & Custom Show” to invite 50’s style Leadsleds in the mix. Kustoms Illustrated magazine editor and others helping out to get the word out. Our Flyers Are planned to be distributed WAY in advance than my usual June -July lateness. Vic Falcone of East Coast Cars (that put on Syracuse Nationals) is our new ‘roving ambassador” .He’ll be at most big events starting in Jan .and putting the word out with our promo at places like Ty-Rods in April- Rhinebeck and Norwich,N.Y. in May- March at Syracuse and Cruises and car shows in between. Big Push will start April on. ALL flyers will clearly state> NO OPEN TRACK TEST & TUNE (on Sat) No Street Bikes -Imports (unless its a True Altered like a Fiat or Anglia) NOSTALGIA WEEKEND Stressed .Bigger Banners Labeling “ORIGINAL DOVER DRAG STRIP CAR DISPLAY. We Expect ‘Chevamoco’ to Be Done and In the House-Matty’s Hudson Done And am pressing Ron Howland, Wanda Blanchet ,Mike with the Carmel Ford Falcon And Billy Coleman (Blown Hearse) to Bring whatever they got in whatever Condition. Will be contacting Krosky-Chuck with Rampage and a few others that NEED To Bring their Real Dover Cars. No pressure To Race…The Folks want to see the Real Deal .Also…I AM offering FREE to anyone. That Cool Driver’s Window DOVER ORIGINAL lettering Ricky White Did ( Hey-I got a sign shop) That’s So cool an idea…you NEED to just Give me your info to make the decals with your Mailing Address and I’ll have them back to in Plenty of Time …Even Before Syracuse if you Choose to participate There. I’d REALLY like to flood that exhibit with a Dover Car Display!…I’ll set up the Banners -Car info signs…whatever it takes. Also Guys like Pat Molle – Good Vibrations-And anyone else that Still has My Lettering on their car…send me your Shirt size for a Free “Dino the Weirdo” t-shirt. 910-997-4444 0r dino@doverdragstrip.com. More as I get it….back to work

dino
                                            Keymaster

Some Quick New Notes….Talked To GASSER RACING SERIES again…Looks like at least 14 cars Coming ..NENDRA Has Us on their Calendar….Talked to Wayne at the track…Plans for redoing all the concrete shelved due to temp. and EXTREME outrageous cost -they had to pick Howie up off the floor when he read the quote (just kidding) so they have opted to Grind the entire concrete surface ,smooth a billiard table -early spring as a cheaper option. Have a new group top Run the Car Show …in Negotiations now …will be posting final details when they’re worked out.

I REPEAT :
                                                .Also…I AM offering FREE to anyone. That Cool Driver’s Window DOVER ORIGINAL lettering Ricky White Did ( Hey-I got a sign shop) That’s So cool an idea…you NEED to just Give me your info to make the decals with your Mailing Address and I’ll have them back to in Plenty of Time …Even Before Syracuse if you Choose to participate There. I’d REALLY like to flood that exhibit with a Dover Car Display!…I’ll set up the Banners -Car info signs…whatever it takes. Also Guys like Pat Molle – Good Vibrations-And anyone else that Still has My Lettering on their car…send me your Shirt size for a Free “Dino the Weirdo” t-shirt. 910-997-4444 0r dino@doverdragstrip.com.

dino
                                                Keymaster

IN the Works ! …And Out As Fast As I can…like two-three weeks…10,000 Color Flyers DONATED by Jones Printing ,here in Sanford, N.C….Owner- An IHRA Drag Racer supporting “our Cause’ … reverse side will have All the info-schedule for everything for both days, eliminator breakdowns and sponsor website list. We’ll send these out to over 50 ‘Henchman’ to distribute WAY EARLY this year at Shows & Cruises’. E -mail me your mailing address and I’ll send you a stack. dino@doverdragstrip.com

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.