THE WILLYS TOPIC !

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? THE WILLYS TOPIC !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

This was “sister-ship’ to Al DeAngeles Blue car…It was Purple -Who was it it AND where is Car & Owner?
        …..Video Bob just sent me the color shot…found it in the ‘attic’ -Willys section

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Before it was Red

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

How could we forget!

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

nice

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

1964 Gasser Girl Wanda will like this

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Who Drove this one?

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Anyone have contact with John Lopiano?

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

The purple Willys (Al’s sister-ship) belonged to Mag Stien. He later changed from the Willys
                                    to a “67 Camaro E/G. At that time he was selling the Willys as a “roller” for $1,000. Boy !
                                    Talk about kicking your self in the ass. 🙂
                                    Frank.

mikey

Do you know where it went, or if it might still be hiding somewhere? 😆

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

Hey Mikey, you never know. Maggie and Al raced against each other a lot. I can still remember
                                            the announcer saying, “Here comes the War of the Willys”. Both those cars left the Dover scene
                                            around the same time. 30 plus years later, one of them is found. Maggie’s Willys appears to
                                            have the rear fenders molded in. Don’t know if that’s a clue or not.
                                            Frank…

dino
                                            Keymaster

As usual, Found this in our mass of 3700 photos, lookin for something else ….But Dar It Is !

Attachments:

patina
                                                Participant

Ray Kobel’s beautiful 40 Willys coupe. This started as a daily driver in CA and Ray flat towed it back to NY and built a race car out of it. The car was all steel with I think a glass nose. I had a hand in this car as a future ODF.

I recall the first riser blocks Ray made for the front axle where 6″ tall.

Pat

Attachments:

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Pat…Tell us more …How old were you and what did ya do ?

patina
                                                        Participant

From the Dover picture trove Jack Merkels B/GS 39 Willys coupe. Jack found this car virtually around the corner from his fathers moving and storage company and built this car. It was in such good shape that all they did was wax it and letter it (bodywise) Dave Daly of MG fame used the original steel 39 front end from this car and had Porky Zartman make 2- 39 willys front ends one of which went on Jacks car.

Attachments:

patina
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Pat…Tell us more …How old were you and what did ya do ?

Dino I was about 13 yrs. old and I would clean, degrease, unbolt, get coffee and buttered rolls whatever they said. I remember to this day helping Ray with the car and found a pair of leather gloves in the shop, well I put them on and went about cleaning parts needless to say they were covered in grease when Rays future and ex wife walks in and asks if anyone say her dress gloves she left there. You guessed it 🙁 😮 😮 I would not be in the garage when Rita was around for a long time after that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.