Under Pressure Racing.. saying Hi

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Under Pressure Racing.. saying Hi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    abadwillys

Hi everybody, I have visited a few times and thought it was time to join up, My Names Bryan ..and I along with my good Buddy “Tiny” Malcome have been racing this 41Willys all over since 1997..prior to that i have drag raced various cars since 1986 bracket racing at first then a few years with fast street cars in NMCA and finally turned my attention to Nostalgia racing. although im to young to have raced at Dover.. im 49.. dam that dont sound young ! hah,.. i sure i wished i would have been able to race there, seems i missed out on some good times and racing right here in the Hudson Valley, speaking of which i am from the Hudson Valley and currently reside in New Paltz… i see a few familar names on here and old freinds and hope to make some new.. Looking forward to racing this season and your Event at LVD, stop by our pits and say Hi..

dino
        Keymaster

Its about freakin time ….jeesh…you guys ! Welcome Aboard! take a trip the 19th to Big Als for Dover Fest and meet the guys…warning ….we don’t have bail-money! ….Car looked Great At Island ! Ok guys ….give the him the welcome !

babycakes
            Participant

Welcome aboard Bryan! I’m a ‘Willys’ gasser nut and love seeing them run.I remember a ‘few’ years back,you and “Tiny” Eglit ,who had his ‘steel’55 Chevy AA/GS ,match race against you at Lebanon Valley.You guys ‘stole’ the show between the terrific ‘long’ burnouts;blasting the 1/4 mile,and the sound of power,going through the shutdown area.It doesn’t get any better!!! Just think how ‘big’ this “Dover’ 50th at the ‘Valley’ is gonna be;it’ll make east coast drag racing history;and my friend you get to be part of what was,and still is going strong today “DOVER DRAGSTRIP ” dedication.

hvy70ss
                Participant

Hey Bryan,
                    Welcome aboard!! We met at Island when I was setting up the “match race” with you and Paul’s ’33 Willys. In fact, one of the runs that day is on YouTube. Your car is always a crowd pleaser. Dino and I are looking forward to seeing you guys at the 3rd Dover Drags at LV. I’ll probably see you in the lanes before that @ LV with my Chevelle. Take care,

Bob “Smitty” Smith

Attachments:

topgun
                    Participant

welcome Bryan
                        we met at island dragway last year my brother Ed told me to look you up at ilsand it was great meeting you and talking to you Ed and i will be at lv with topgun 68 ranchero
                        see you soon
                        Rch

frank-j-majauskas
                        Participant

Welcome Bryan to the family ! There can never be too many willys anywhere ! Your’s
                            is AWESOME and your crew makes it stand out with it’s performance. Hope to see ya
                            at Big Al’s on the 19th. HEY DINO ! WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT THERE”S NO BAIL MONEY !!

🙂 Frank :-)…………….

dino
                            Keymaster

Check with Roxrec if he still has the stash
                                March 19 same day (Night) as Lebanon points Banquet…..go to als leave early if need to attend…they start at 6pm.

mikey

Bryan, welcome to the Forum, beautiful car, and fast too. I’ve got one too, but just a little small block and one carb. Would that Tiny Malcome possibly be Bill Malcome?? I used to work with a guy in Newburgh with that name. Had a brother named Gary. Bought a friend of mine’s old dirt track car. Rob Green. Dad was Bobby Green. If so, it’s a small world.
                                    ……………..Mikey 😆

dino
                                    Keymaster

Bryan…Mikey had HIS Willys, all the way up from Florida,at Our Race at Island.It’s Now called ” Papa’s Toy”…I lettered it that Sunday morning….you saw it just Burgundy and Silver on Sat.

abadwillys

thanks for the welcomes everybody.. Babycakes i do remember racing Tiny Eglits 55 Chevy “Hellfire” plenty of times, wish he could blow the dust off that thing and come back out to race.. your right, theres nothing like 2 blower cars blasting down the 1/4 mile 😎

Mikey, Yes, that is the same Tiny aka Bill Malcome, he has told me plenty of stories about Dirt track Racing with Robbie Green and also Jeff Hoeztler who he used to crew for also.. so it IS a small world, Tiny has told me stories of Dover as he use to go there as a kid to help a guy crew.. i forget who he helped, ill have to ask him
                                            Man, i hope we clear up some confusion with the 2 Tinys talked about on this board, i mean How many Tinys are there? they’re all small guys too right? lol

Dino, i remember you from the Sycamore Drive Inn, and your involvement over there and different car shows in the area, I use to go to the Sycamore all the time in the early 80’s with my Blown 68 Camaro and even have some pics from there..
                                            Miss all those good times for sure..
                                            Here is a pic of my(former) 355″ Blown 68 Camaro, this here pic is from 1983

dino
                                            Keymaster

small world -Right!… remember that car….ran Summer Cruise from 82-88. Two many Tiny’s? …you should see the ‘Bob’ list 😆 Is that a guy or girl ridin shotgun?…long hair hippies !

abadwillys

Hah, no hippes…thatd be my EX- wife now, GF at the time tho..

dino
                                                    Keymaster

….Lot Of EX-wives at the Sycamore…… Right Guys?…”its Me or the car”….thats easy ….Bye

mikey

Bryan, tell Tiny that “Spanky” said hello! I helped Rob Green and his dad build Robs first dirt car, and I used to build his and his Dads motors. Tiny was, and I’m sure, still is, a really good guy, and a good wrench too. That first race car was the one his brother bought. It will be nice to see him if you guys go to the Valley. Rob might show up too, just to visit and see my car. Take care. I’m posting a couple of pics of my Willy’s. In the one showing the engine, you might notice that the carb fuel bowl is Green, and is a 2bbl. It’s an E85 carb that belongs to a friend. I wanted to try the 2bbl just for the heck of it. It ran 6.56 in the 1/8th at 101.778. …………Mikey 😆

Attachments:

maso
                                                            Participant

I remember seeing that Willys at Island Dragway last time and it was FAST…! Real Fast…!
                                                                Do any of you guys know anything about that other red Willys that was there on Saturday. Bob Lagana Sr. was working on it…?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.