Vic’s Speed Shop

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past Vic’s Speed Shop

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Present Carpet-Bagger owner’s Dad ran it…Now in Wilmington ,N.C. Here’s Dads last car I believe.

Attachments:

brokenaxle

Yes I was The Owner of Vics Speed Shop.My Boy is now carrying on the Racing.I purchased Wess Perkins car 1967 Comaro named the little stinker and have been trying to get some pictures of it when it was black.I know the car also ran Dover when Wess Had It and When I had it.Bobby Mercer From Enfield Conn did the pait job and He ran the Frito Bandito Corvette.When I broke a wheel and lost it I had another person paint it and I regretted to this day.Glad to see people I knew that are still at it or as I did passed it on and watch.Thanks Vic

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Vic: I hear you are looking for me? Still above durt and playing with some speed equiptment, mostly new & used G-Body parts El Camino, Monte Carlo and Malibu stuff. I retired from my other business about 4 years ago had a stroke my wife runs that company. I’v own a Inventoy service working for the oil companys for 30 years, belive it, I hated doing inventory remember? If you get to Fla. give us a call. Rich, M&M

brokenaxle

Rich,glad to hear that your still looking down.Same here.I retired 1996 and had a valve replaced 5 years ago.I buy used boats and sell the parts and motors on E/bay.Rough here we golf,beach,fish and crab.Wife made me slow down and get my own boats going.Victor jr still racing hope to meet at Island for Dover thing.Same offer to you if your ever up this way (Wilmington NC)give me a shout and we can swap some stories.Take care Vic

jimbiron-hotmail-com

What a memory jogger… I remember Vic’s but don’t remember where it was. Where was that shop?????

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Jim: Vic’s Speed was in Hudson, NY almost by Albany. Rich M&M

jimbiron-hotmail-com
                                quote M & M Speed & Custom:

Jim: Vic’s Speed was in Hudson, NY almost by Albany. Rich M&M

Thanks Rich. I’m still a bit fizzy though. I had a good buddy that lived in Stockport (off RT 9 just north of Hudson) and we hung around Hudson a lot (I grew up in Red Hook).
                                It’s funny. Vic’s is just at the edge of my memory but not entirely clear. Can you give me any better directions to bring it to the forefront?

vicp2d

Hello Jim,
                                    My dad owned Vics Speed. His shop was at the Bellspond intersection just down the road from the Sunset Drive In. Also a shop in Pitsfield Mass. Vic

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Vic Jr: Wasn’t the store just after the split (Y) on the left? I remember sending our driver to deliver parts there from our wholesale div. (PERFORMANCE EQUIPTMANT SUPPLY). How is the old guy ?tell I said hi & he could call me sometime if he likes. 1-888-327-0454. Rich

vicp2d

Hello Rich, The shop was as you thought. It had work bays and a parts show room. What I remember most is the floors where great for creeper races until my dad had enough. I will be talking to him this week and I will let him know you where asking. Vic

brokenaxle
                                                quote JimBiron@hotmail.com:

What a memory jogger… I remember Vic’s but don’t remember where it was. Where was that shop?????

Jim,I had a shop in Hudson,Like Richie said and a shop in Pittsfield Mass.Ran at Dover in early years and then at Lebanon Valley when I opened in Pittsfield Mass.Its been a long time.My son Victor runs the old Carpet Bagger Namade.I hope to get up for one of the races soon.Take care Vic

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Vic Sr??
                                                    Hay you old dog miss talking to you! We have a lot of memories together. 😉
                                                    Rich
                                                    PS: Are you going to the PRI show in Orlando?

brokenaxle

Rich,I just got the message I don’t get here very often.I’m hoping to add some pictures when I get back from Sons visit He had alot of my old pictures.His wife calls it the Shrine.Hes got he old Bud helmet and all.I was in Florida up in Sarasota visting my sister and her husband.On the way home I picked up a boat I bought on E/Bay over by Orlando had to get home Vic and Girls came down for Thanksgiving Then me and the wife went to the Bahamas(which I thought sucked) now off to Stephen(another son)in Arizona for a couple of weeks.Then home long enough to try and sell about 4 motors(Boat) do a little fishing and then I should be getting down your way again.I will try to get together with you if we can.My parents arn’t doing well in CT.so I don’t know how that will go.I plan on a quick trip up there by myself when I return from West very hard we were close.Well enough of my running.It sounds like your doing good and thats great to hear.I often drift back(with the help of Victor)I told him I can’t believe they called me the old man from Hudson, Shit I was only in my early 30s ok middd 30s.Take care and God Bless Vic.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Vic …Find Those Photos ! And check back often …always somethimg going on here…Kid Does Good ! with that wagon ! He added to the flavor of our event and I think it will be featured in Drag Racer “Drags” article.

brokenaxle
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Vic …Find Those Photos ! And check back often …always somethimg going on here…Vic doing Good ! with that wagon.He added to the flavor of our event and I think it will be featured in Drag Racer “Drags” article.

Don’t get here as much as I would like to.Yes Victor with the help of John and Pat are doing well with the Tank.I was glad when he finally went with a compression motor.Hes enjoying it and I’m hopeing to get togetherat Island or Lebanon.Like to see what Howie looks like now.Also got to meet up with Rich M&M in Florida.Started building boat motors two years ago now I got to get away.Should have been doing that back in he 70s.Still a good feeling to put something togethrer and crank it up.Neighbors get a little testy but they will get over it.I keep thretting one of them by having my buddy spread a story around that I’m going to sell my boats and build a 9 second street car.I’ll get some of the old pictures on.Take care Vic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.