VIDEO ! CASEY AT THE 2010 NOSTALGIA DRAGS

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION VIDEO ! CASEY AT THE 2010 NOSTALGIA DRAGS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Bob promised Billy he’d do in time for Christmas as he did before. He’s spent a lot of time, during a trying time to do it. It’s all from our 2nd annual Nostalgia Drags with Bob’s usual surprises. … its for all of us from Bob & Billy…………….
        new improved version……ENJOY (click on ‘full screen”)-have your sound on . . . . . .

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/video/casey_at_second_annual_drags.wmv

dino
        Keymaster

Some Comments From those who viewed the ‘first version’:

by Tomatohead on Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:31 pm
            …. I just watched the “CASEY AT THE 2nd Annual Drags VIDEO” and I think you all will agree that thanks to brother Bob ,Billy will live forever with us ,so to ALL of you what PATINA said , what BOSSMAN said , what MIKEY said ,and to anyone else and to friends I know and the ones I made have a merry merry christmas and a happy new year ……. tomato

by Frank J. Majauskas on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:07 pm
            Great job Bobby ! Another very touching video. Thank you !
            Frank.

by ptulli on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:19 pm
            Tomatohead, thank you for your help. I finally got to watch the video and I have to admit it brought a tear to my eye.
            PJT

by Babycakes on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:59 am
            It was worth the wait to up load the video brother Bob did of Billy at Island,it definately hits the heart for those who knew Billy,and a great rememberance to look back on.Thank you Bob,and sister Judy,along with Dino to place it on the forum for us O.D.F’s

by plumpcars on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:28 am
            It worked for me. Thanks so much

bossguy

Great Job for a Great Guy Bob, Thank You Dino for posting it.

patina
                Participant

Finally got it. Great job Bobby. It was worth the wait.

Pat

tomatohead
                    Participant

….dont forget , you can watch it more then once …… 😉 …. its more then worth it 😀

hvy70ss
                        Participant

Just saw the complete video…..Bobby, that was great. That alone makes all the work into the past two events worth it. He was my hero as a teenager with Super Pumpkin 2 and an inspiration for me to get into drag racing.

Smitty

maso
                            Participant

At 13:59 – 14:07, are they talking about Brazee’s “Little Giant”…???

masracingtd1167
                                Participant

Well done Bob ! You know how to make a grown man cry! I really miss my pal.Ihave to find some one new to pick on.

bobcasey

Hey Guys,
                                        Brother Bob here. Yesterday sister Mary and I spent a day with Donna and Cheryl in Rhode Island. While I took the girls to the movies, Donna watched a copy of the master video in private. Though she was taken back a bit by the special ending that Billy and I prepared, she knew how much all of Billy’s racing buddies especially the Dover guys, meant to him.

I must apologize for taking so long to get the finished project to Dino but I didn’t even look at the master tape until about 3 weeks ago. It was my promise to Billy that I would have it up on the site by Christmas, that pushed me to finish it and I sincerely thank Dino for making that last minute attempt to help me meet my deadline.

The opening shots of the Dover field were taped back on Sunday, September 21st. It felt sort of weird standing in the middle of the field – like all sorts of vibes were coming from the ground – like radioactivity. I tried to translate that feeling at the beginning of the video.

Thank you for all your compliments. They truly mean a lot.

On behalf of Donna, Cheryl, Judy and I, we sincerely wish you and yours a Happy, Safe and Peaceful New Year. God Bless.
                                        Regards,
                                        Bobby

don-kauer

I have been holding off on viewing this video for obvious reasons but finally I watched it tonight………….Outstanding Bobby…………………Billy, you got me again…………..You will forever be my hero and I will always love you as my family……………….I miss you Casey 😥 ……………………………………

dino
                                            Keymaster

Bob…your comment of:
                                                “It felt sort of weird standing in the middle of the field – like all sorts of vibes were coming from the ground – like radioactivity. I tried to translate that feeling at the beginning of the video.” ….has been experianced by others before….Roger Garren back in early ’90’s swore he heard engines running…Brian gets some weird noises there, when its real quite and Skip North related to some ‘strange’ things also.The last time Brian And I went scouting way back in the woods by the shut down area…you could ‘sense” something…like you weren’t alone.I’d look around …and nobody was there.Like I always say…the “stuff” is here on the forum someplace ….just have to search it out…CHECK THIS !:

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2018&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=ghost

don-kauer

I spent a most enjoyable 3-4 hours with Bob Casey yesterday at his home and music studio……The talent is spread through the Casey family…….Whatever Billy did and became, brother Bob did the music and sound work on the same level…Bob’s career and collection has the same super star status as brother Billy’s cars and his racing accomplishments…….I was in awe of the entire setup not to mention a great lunch……Having Bobby close by is like still having Billy here……………… 😀 ………..Don……

maso
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote donkauer:

I spent a most enjoyable 3-4 hours with Bob Casey yesterday at his home and music studio……The talent is spread through the Casey family…….Whatever Billy did and became, brother Bob did the music and sound work on the same level…Bob’s career and collection has the same super star status as brother Billy’s cars and his racing accomplishments…….I was in awe of the entire setup not to mention a great lunch……Having Bobby close by is like still having Billy here……………… 😀 ………..Don……

http://www.djhistory.com/interviews/bob-casey

http://www.namm.org/library/oral-history/bob-casey

patina
                                                        Participant

WOW! I did not know 😎

Pat

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Bob Did it For Billy…….It’s All about Him….He’ll be with us at Lebanon….for sure ,in one way or another.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.