Wev’e Lost Clem LaChance

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Wev’e Lost Clem LaChance

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    john-sachs-sr
    Participant
        quote mikey:

He was a great guy, and a super racer. He is already missed. R.I.P., Clem. ……..Mikey πŸ˜₯

X 2. πŸ˜₯
        I loved that guy. A real genuine person.
        John

dino
        Keymaster

Heres how to remember him…turn the volume up:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epuw26k–hs

Attachments:

don-kauer

Wow…Clem was the best…I spent a few nights at his place in Lake Carmel, N.Y…….What a cool guy…So sorry πŸ˜₯ …a real 6 cylinder legend…RIP my friend………..Don Kauer………

vinnylss572

RIP Clem…Always a gentleman,weve lost a great person and racer.You will be missed
                    Vinny Laurita Sr

verminator

Clem was a great racer and a real fun guy to hang with. Lots of laughs in the pits and at the parties. Man, a couple of drinks in him and he would have you laughing your ass off πŸ˜† It was good to have another Ford Powered guy among all the chevy boyz we raced with !!!

bobby-s

Here is the information for Clems wake,

Friday Dec 21,
                            at: Cargains Funeral home, Fowler Ave. Carmel NY
                            (road behind the diner in the town of Carmel)
                            hours are: 2-4, 7-9
                            service at: The Mission Church, route 52, East Fishkill Saturday at 11 am.
                            cemetery: Raymond Hill, route 52, Carmel,

OK GUYS…Rally The Troops and Do our usual “Dover Send-off” …wondering if the car can be displayed.

fredrice

Wow….what can I say. Just a year ago I saw Clem after some thirty two years. We ( Clem, Joe Huestis, Doug Smith, Rich Head ) got together for an evening of drag racing at Roxboro Dragway. The next day Clem was inducted into the East Coast Drag Racing Hall of Fame. We were all there including all his kids. It was a great time.

It was good to see Clem after so many years. Always fun to be with, always trying out “the hot setup” and always polite and courteous to all. Clem exemplified the statement “to never give up”. He was persistent with his race car. I learned a lot as his racing partner for those few years. Man we had many good times. He will be missed by many.

I am so grateful to have finally got some time with him before his passing. Thank you Dino for keeping in touch.

Fred

dino
                                Keymaster

Just A reminder:
                                    Clems wake,
                                    Friday Dec 21,
                                    at: Cargains Funeral home, Fowler Ave. Carmel NY
                                    (road behind the diner in the town of Carmel)
                                    hours are: 2-4, 7-9
                                    service at: The Mission Church, route 52, East Fishkill Saturday at 11 am.
                                    cemetery: Raymond Hill, route 52, Carmel,

Heres Clem In 2011 getting Runner Up NETO trophy from Rich Mauceri

Attachments:

bobby-s

Here is a group of pictures I took at the 2006 NETO banquet when Clem was going to retire and was presented with a special plaque here by Rich Head and awards, his family was there to enjoy the party. He was only a young 75 years young there. He knew how to make a party a lot of fun. RIP buddy.

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

by VBOB Β» Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Paul and I are going Saturday to the Mission Church in E. Fishkill,N.Y. for the services for Clem !
                                            If anyone wants to come along let me know I have room!

bobby-s

OFD & friends who plan to come to Clems wake, please take care on your trip, BUKO heavy rain in this area, some roads having drainage problems, so far secondary roads doing OK !!. Rain should be out oif the area by NOON’ish as per the weather channels. ?? πŸ™„
                                                Bobby

bobby-s

Clems information in the local paper.
                                                    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

Clement Lachance
                                                    Obituary

Lachance, Clement

Racing legend, Clem Lachance of Lake Carmel, NY passed away suddenly on December 12, 2012 while visiting friends and family in Quebec, Canada. Clem was more than just the owner/driver of the “Mad Frenchman” racecars. To his friends in the drag racing community he was The Mad Frenchman. He was born in Quebec, Canada on May 8, 1932. In 1954 he came to the United States with his brother Henri-Louis where he joined the US Army in 1955 and became a citizen of the USA. His passion for racing began at the young age of 16 on the streets of Quebec. But it wasn’t just the speed that motivated him. He loved to work on cars and build engines that would do more than anyone thought possible. His 6 cylinder Maverick, “Mad Frenchman” could take the ΒΌ mile in under 10 seconds!

It was that skill that enabled him to join the Teamsters Union in Tarrytown, NY. He began as a mechanic working on the trucks for A & P, then went on to work on the car carriers for GM at Anchor Motor Freight until he retired in 2000. But he didn’t retire from racing or from building spectacular cars. He continued to work on his racecar and was still racing last season. Through the years his car has graced the pages of multiple racing magazines. In October, 2011 he was inducted into the East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame in Henderson, NC.

He was predeceased by his wife, Jean Beaulieu Lachance. He is survived by 2 sons, Raymond Lachance of Patterson and Denis Lachance of New Fairfield, CT, 2 daughters, Debra Johnson of Plano, TX and Elizabeth Wolfe of Carmel, NY, 6 sisters, 7 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild.

Calling hrs Friday Dec. 21st from 2-4 PM & 7-9 PM, Cargain Funeral Home, 10 Fowler Ave., Carmel, NY (845)225-3672. Funeral Service Saturday Dec. 22nd at 11 AM at the Mission Church, Rte 52, Holmes, NY. Burial will follow at the Raymond Hill Cemetery.

Published in the The Journal News on December 20, 2012

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY

Rest in peace oh Mad Frenchman !!!
                                                        ‘V’

Attachments:

tomblake
                                                        Participant

Thought this might be ok to post here as a tribute to very good racer. This was my last meeting with the Mad Frenchman at the Dover 4th race. He took his 6 cylinder to the finish line ahead of the big V8 in the 55 Chevy. I know that was one of the things he liked doing best, beating the V8 guys. Way to go Clem.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Yo Tom….Link goes to blank page ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.