What’d you all get for Christmas?

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION What’d you all get for Christmas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    smokncobrajet

So,anyone get a partridge in a pear tree,or anything like that? 😆
        For years I’ve been walking..walking for tools,walking for the jack,walking for water for a hot cranky driver,walking to check the lanes to see how much longer before it’s our turn to run.Walking back to the trailer to set up tables,start the grille and get some food going.
        It’s a long walk back to the tow vehicle to retrieve a car who just snapped perches,it’s a long way to the end of the 1/4 to retrieve a car that just spilled it’s rear guts all over the track.You all know how hard it is to clean up gear oil,and you look at the staged cars from the end of the track and realize that you’ve just made more enemies who’ll hate you forever for making them sit in the hot July sun in a hot car while you pick up pieces of the front spoiler that just lost it’s life to the laws of the wind.It was a long walk to retrieve the pseudo air scoop that just blew off the brand new Roush on her maiden run with 200 miles on the odometer,taking the radio antennae with it,while doing a nice number on the aluminum hood just for sh!ts and giggles.
        BUT,yesterday was Christmas,and the kid comes over to spend the day,we do the gift thing and he tells me my present is outside.It’s cold out there,please don’t make me go outside.The dog might eat the snacks that are at his level,the sauce might boil over on the stove making me spend hours scrubbing off burnt who knows what with a scrubbie and a razor blade.I only have slippers on and there’s snow out there.Please let me stay in the warm house.I said “Can’t you at least bring my present in??? Why not???” Then it hit me…like a ton of bricks..it probably leaks,I’ll probably kill myself on it.Oh Boy 😮 It’s my very own PIT BIKE 😮 Yup,no more walking for me.It will be hard to walk with a full body cast. But at least I have an approved helmet :mrgreen: Have a great winter everyone.Look for me in the spring so you can sign the cast 😆 J~~~ 😈

masracingtd1167
        Participant

Got a new flat screen monitor for my computer . I love it!

patina
            Participant

I got a new plane!

Pat

Attachments:

anthonyc

Neat plane! I got a cordless impact gun .

gramdog1
                    Participant

I got a great set of tools for the grill (Brookstone’s). Can’t wait to try ’em out. Sausage and peppers tonight, despite 10 inches of snow on the patio. 😀

dino
                        Keymaster

Left hand usage back with less Bandages, So I can rock out with My Fender Stratocaster..!..Oh yeah ..the usual stiff…Clothes and a WII !…kids giving it a workkout !

mikey

Got new “Sampson Pipes” for my Sportster, a new leather jacket, and some leather “Chaps”. I’m not real sure I’ll ever wear the chaps, they got no butt!!! Whats up with that??? Also the normal ugly ties, unwanted p-jays, etc etc. All in all, a great Christmas…….. 😀 😀 😀 😆 Mikey

storm-king

Bill got me a copy of “We were the Ramchargers”, which was in fact the only thing I wanted for Christmas.
                                    I’ve already read it in it’s entirety, it’s a very good book. I’d recommend it for any student of drag racing, especially those with a nostalgic bent.

smokncobrajet

Thanks to whoever resized the airplane picture.I can see it now.Very nice toy!
                                        J~~~

. . . . . . . yo welcome…da dino

maso
                                        Participant

I got word that I would be moved from the day shift to the night shift at the Newspaper factory here called The Miami Herald where I have worked for the past 32 years as a “part timer”…! and… that sux…!!! I have survived no less than four ( 4 ) massive and devistating payroll personell cut backs that included some of my friends who have worked there longer than I have…! They won’t cut me because I am damn good at what I do. They would have to hire three people in my place and that’s no bull sh*t…! 😯

dino
                                            Keymaster

Maso …wouldn’t call that much of a gift ..what are the hours? Maybe blessing in disquise ….work it out to work for you.

maso
                                                Participant
                                                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Maso …wouldn’t call that much of a gift ..what are the hours? Maybe blessing in disquise ….work it out to work for you.

It’s a “bummer” and there’s no disquising it. It doesn’t look like there is much hope for the printed Newspaper media.

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Maso said…. “It doesn’t look like there is much hope for the printed Newspaper media.”

And we can say we got that information on the internet.

smokncobrajet
                                                            quote TomBlake:

Maso said…. “It doesn’t look like there is much hope for the printed Newspaper media.”

And we can say we got that information on the internet.

How crappy after 32 years to give such a life changing ‘gift’. The postal service is another outfit that gives such gifts.After 28 years to be told you have to work 6 days a week instead of 5 for less salary while management rakes in ‘incentives’ (a glorified word for BONUS)while the postal service is $$$$$ 8 billion in the hole.We’re told “At least you have a job” OK,I do. Back to Maso,the newspaper industry is suffering too.We have a guy now who just lost his job with the NY Times due to the downsizing of that paper.He has 3 kids and he now fills in for mail carriers that still get days off.It is usually one day a week with no health insurance,no holidays and no sick time earned.It doesn’t get any better than that! So….yeah,we got jobs.
                                                            J~~~

storm-king

I don’t want to get this off on too political a course, but jobs are not gaurenteed anymore than life is. The day of new hire to retire with one company is gone, gone, gone. However, there is no less oportunity for people than before. Go make your own future, no matter how old you are!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.