What was that…?Food stand or Trophy Booth

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION What was that…?Food stand or Trophy Booth

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant

What was that… A Hot Dod Stand or was it the Trophy Stand…???

dino
        Keymaster

Food Concession run by American Legion. Politics to get Permit…Help us with the town…you guys run the Food..Made enough over the years to build “club House”at corner of Rt 22 to turn left to track…I mistakenly mentioned “Lions Club” in intro at Homepage.Never Had “trophy Booth” in later years..the old one was behind the food stand… you got that stuff at Time Slip Booth.

maso
            Participant
                quote dinotheweirdo:

Food Concession run by American Legion…

How was the food…?

😆

gene-terenzio-sr
                Participant
                    quote Maso:

What was that… A Hot Dod Stand or was it the Trophy Stand…???

Hey don’t make fun, I got agita many times from there, but never tomain. 😆 😀

dino
                    Keymaster

Coffee was terrible..especially if you had a hangover…But had “specials” like corn on the cob. Leroy Chapple of “right down the road” ran it ,the Cub Scouts and a bunch of other stuff. Lived over the old Western Auto store by the tracks opposite “Sam’s-(Gene’s) Got that info from Dan Emerson at Moroso. He grew up in Town …has great Stories !

billy-casey

the corn on the cob was the best .. dipped the whole thing in melted butter ..we called the hot dogs death dogs and the bergers were some form of dead animal.. you were O K after you puicked it up.. 😆 😆 😆 Billy

bobby-s

Video
                                do you have any of that stuff UP SATIRS 😳
                                can have a DNA done in it to see what it was made from 😆

dino
                                Keymaster

Yep ..keep his first Dover Dog with the socks he wore too …the wife scared to go up there….strange noises late at night .

vbob
                                    Participant

How the hell did you know!!

‘V’Bob

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Now I remember …there was Also A “Food Concession” stand on the spectator side ….smaller and THE only structure over there , except for bleachers and a lot of dirt parking.

storm-king

I beg to differ, but there certainly was a seperate trophy booth from the timing shack. I hung around in it with Freddie Murphy and Carl Spidel in the early days. At one point it was directly behind the food consession from the tower, later it was moved a bit further away on the pit road. I’ve got pics and movies of it.

billy-casey

the trophy booth was before the finish line … coming up the return road first was the et. slip booth , then then there was a left turn into the pits, just past that on the left was the trophy booth up high … Charlie Tanner worked there for quite some time giving trophy’s and writing checks before he started anouncing

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Casey…Stormy….Brainfade here….remember now …That WAS Charlies job. Thats why he always had a pocket full of winers decals…..wonder where THEY all are? Ya see , I didn’t “get out Much” (stuck in tower to the Mic), LIKE TO SEE THOSE MOVIES Gary ! send them !

billy-casey

Dino… did you ever fall out of the tower after lunch… 😆 😆 😆

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Ha Ha …Guess you saw “my ACT’ at sams…My Lunch was Three Wine Coolers …Drink 1/3 down, fill up with Beer…Chug ’em And go back and Announce… DUH ! Not proud of it …but thats the way it was …And No didn’t fall out….with the pressured run after run …non stop… had to pay attention to everything at once …that “lunch” effect was “burned up” in about 20 min.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.