What would you say ? [about T. O’Shea]

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? What would you say ? [about T. O’Shea]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    dover1320

Hey, Dino if you had a chance to say something to Terry O’shea what it be ?. Many people see his picz and want to know what he was really like. In my forever search of the things from the past Terry was doing his thing at the track and there is some picz of him in his flowered pants “Flower Power” summer of 67 he took photo’s of Centolazna Bros that made the cover of Drag Times at the same time Johnny Rivers had the hit Were have all the flowers gone, What do you remember about those days? What made him laugh what was his favorite song ,drink, movie, book , What ‘s your craziest memory of him . I’ve heard some good stories whats yours. BRIAN.

dino
        Keymaster

This is What I wrote in the ODF Members Area….Pertaining to the mass of Photos we have From him:
            [This “little Buddy” of mine, Terry O’Shea, that took all these photos, had the smarts to catalog and save things in a safe and orderly manner. Hung out with him a lot ,and was sad when he passed. We both went to the ’67 & ’68 Indy Nationals together and he later became the “house” photographer for all the Fore”n” Aft rock clubs in Westchester County. AND so thankful his Brother ,Kevin ,didn’t trash his stuff ’til we could rescue it from a dirty old box in his attic and give it a new home. Also big thanks to Brian Marasco for converting to CD. I know Terry would be surprised of his new found legacy, hope we do him justice. Enjoy his Talent. “Picz by T.O’Shea “lives ]

MORE:
            Basically met Terry at Dover as he was the Number one fan of the Shott Bros. (Shottgun Express”.) Where ever they went, Terry went. He lived in Rigdefield ,Ct. with his parents and worked at the Ridgefield Photo shop ,where he ran their darkroom. This was way before digital cameras. A perfect enviornment to process all his racing shots “after hours’. He first drove a neat blue ’57 Chev. convertable. Later ,a bright yellow ’69 Camaro,that we drove to Indy in. I did some early “custom Paint ” on it with spray cans …Orange Lace Effect. As a ‘card carrying ‘ Irishman…Terry was no slotch, when it came to partying. He could “Put ’em down” ! St. Pattys day – forget it ! He had a warped since of humor …and with a “Buzz on’ would have you holding your sides with his wit and silly songs he’d make up. Most might remember he had a bit of a stutter that disappered with a few beers- his choice of ‘adult beverages’….But that contributed to his Diabities problem ,being he was quite small in stature also. With Gil Shott,a bartender at the Fore’n’Aft north in Brewster,N.Y., where do the think he “hung out”?. I was working there Too, running the Light show at night and doing all thier Ad work during the Day. Terry took all the slides of the customers and Bands, that we projected during the band breaks. And they had him go to all four clubs.The original in White Plains, Brewster, New Rochelle and Westport. This was in addition to his regular job ,,,so he stayed real busy.So it was Terry & me at the track on Sunday and At the Club at night. He married Wendy Slater (Who I’m trying to track down),and I took HIS wedding photography.He taught me everything I know about that. Ya see , He did that on the side-Wedding Photography. He did Billy Casey’s Wedding and many other Dover Guys .His Diabities ,finally did him in ,passing away in 1985. BUT HIS FANTASTIC TALENT still brings back the Glory days of Dover. SO thankful we have his Treasure to share with everyone ,who are amazed at the HISTORY that he recorded. Really miss my little Buddy…………….

dino
            Keymaster

For All you newcomers …Terry was our “Unofficial ” Track Photographer that I used to supply all the Drag Times Results from Dover and Is the the source of the over 1400+ photos in the the ODF (premium members) Photo Gallery …We wanted your guys to SEE who we’re talking about and came up with this, as bit of a “memorial” to him:

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Just Got Off the Phone with Terry’s Former Wife Wendy!!!! …now residing in New Milford,Ct. Had A great talk about the good old days !! Maybe she’ll come on here and fill us in .

tomatohead
                    Participant

Dino I can’t believe that you and terry were at the fore and aft in brewster ! I use to go there for 5 cent beer and Gill Shott worked there too unbeleiveable !!! what a strange circle ! i didnt know you or terry then or Shott but I must have walked pass you guys for years ! Sorry to hear Terry passed away and you are in NC and I think Gill runs a trucking thing in North Salem ??? is that right? I have been to the fore and aft in White plains too I used to drink all over westchester putnam and dutchess !!! and Katonah, my uncle Jack Grant use to and still DOES tend bar at Ties PuB !!!!!! I think they changed the name !!! ……………..tomato

dino
                        Keymaster

Terry and me could tell some Aft tales …Gil bartended and Terry hung with him. We had Paula Murphy in there after she ran at Dover …See Louies Pascuzzi’s photos and my response, when he related how he got her autograph.Ther’es some Aft photos mixed in His Collection In the ODF Gallerys.

dino
                            Keymaster

Brian has been in contact with Terry’s wife this week .They had a great talk and she’s looking for more slides she thinks she has that Terry took at Dover -Color!
                                ……Here’s another “Terry” topic of interest
                                http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=618&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=terry

dino
                                Keymaster

Well Wendy just Signed on the Forum …User Name ? NitroMama 😀 ….still a racer at heart !

dover1320

More T’OShea picz enough for a gallery of Wendy & friends I’ve had them for 3 years waiting to meet her. They go back to 69′ Terry had great taste she was very cute . Wendy has some great stories about him maybe we’ll hear them soon!.

nitromama

Terrence Michael Edward John O’Shea aka Terry was a very talented photographer and a passionate drag racing enthusiast. He loved nothing more than Sundays at Dover Drag Strip with the smell of nitro in the air, the sounds of bleach burnouts, and the incredible friendships shared by the “Dover Family” and the Fairfield Timing Association. He introduced me to the world of drag racing and took me along on the adventures of following the Shottgun Express from Maple Grove to York, PA, to Englishtown, NJ, and the Nationals in Indianapolis. Together we traveled to points meets in the land of NED. Through him I met Don Garlits, Don Prudhomme, Tommy Ivo, Cha Cha Muldowney, Connie Kalita, Paula Murphy and all sorts of interesting people that you meet sharing a common interest. I am absolutely thrilled that his work has been immortalized on this site. He was meticulous in archiving his photographs and negatives and I know that through this site his legacy continues. We loved the track and all of the unique things that made it so special. Thanks for sharing the memories. Dino, thanks for finding me and reminding me of the days of summer spent at the track. Hope to see you in March…….Wendy

dino
                                            Keymaster

Wendy…Welcome aboard the good ship DDS.com….”Wendy” from the Beach Boys song of the same name…sure fit …Summer …..racin’…….. then off to the ‘Aft”.

dover1320

This month marks Terry’s birthday and I have located were he is buried, and will be putting something together to go there and pay respects. Anyone interested, let me know. I will also be calling his ex Wendy ,she may go also. Terry captured the feeling of Dover more than anyone, in his picz !! show your support thanks ,Brian M.

Let Me add: Terry gave us Dover remembered in a ‘behind the scenes’ -history frozen manner ,that just can’t be explained.We have tons of photos now ,but finding his 1400 shots,is what laid the foundation of our ODF galleries and Photo disc.It’s almost chilling to view his legacy of that era. He left us 25 years ago ,after unduring his last years without the ability to walk.The number one fan of the Shottgun Express,traveling all over division one and faithfully taking his photos at every visit to Dover. The little guy is missed ,but his talent lives on .And his work has brought back the good days to so many. Now viewed all over the US and in foriegn countries….even in the Henry Ford Museum.Watch for Brian’s date & time to visit his resting place. Dino

dover1320

This past week Terry would have been 64 born on july 11 1946. The O’Shea’s were remembered by the woman i spoke to at the cemetery . I also spoke to Richy Shott today he may attend and thought it was a good idea. More as it comes Brian M.

break-away
                                                        Participant

Glad for all the work Brian does for us.Will be going to cemetary next week for Terry’s belated birthday get together.Hope more Dover Guys show up.

Break Away

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Brian..Post a day & Time !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.