Where is Kenny "Sags"??????????

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Where is Kenny "Sags"??????????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

Ken Saglibene..”Sags” a stand out street racer in the late 50’s and early 60’s and a Dover racer early to mid 60’s only…From Pleasantville, N.Y. he had lots of hot rides but was best known for his Ford roadster, 348 equipped and his 62 Impala Black convertible, 327-300 at Dover….Ken and I became best of friends and in the late 60’s we had a Sunoco station in White Plains, DKS Performance…(which stood for Don Kauer Ken Saglibene, the K was used Twice)..After 4 years Ken moved to Lagrange and the ride to White Plains was getting to him so I bought him out and he opened a shop in Mt. Kisco with Bob LaRegina..B and K auto…He and Bob were together about 3 or 4 years before Ken opened a shop in Lagrange called Speedy Voltage (S & V Electric) ,,A rebuilding shop for generators, starters, alternators, engines, transmissions etc…No installations. You bought and left with it…He owned a treasure chest of old Chevy and Ford parts and did very well for a number of years…Family and health situations brought him down and he disappeared about 5 years ago…Bobby and I have looked for him and have tried to contact him but all efforts have proven fruitless….His family won’t talk to us and he will not make any effort to deal with us ….If anyone on this site knows his whereabouts Bobby and I would love to hook up with him again…………………Thanks…….Don kauer………

don-kauer

……………….. Also maybe some pics of his old Dover rides………

dino
            Keymaster

Fill me in on the Ford Roadster …Year body ?Color ? Lettered? I’ll check the “Archives”

patina
                Participant

FYI I know a guy up here that has a Ford Model A roadster around here (Red Hook) with a 348 in it. It was a coupe that had the roof cut off and it has a Dragmaster-like chassis. Could this be the car in question.

Pat

don-kauer

This was a Model A roadster with a 348″ Chevy and a 3 speed ….He only used 2nd and 3rd……It was either dark blue or black………..Keep in mind this goes back to the 60’s……..Steel wheels painted, I beleive red…………..Thanks……Don…

patina
                        Participant

So is this one, I’m going to get hold of the current owner and see who he got it from. He’s had it a long time had tri-power on it before someone stole it off the car.

Pat

dino
                            Keymaster

Ok …somebody hit the ODF Galleries and The Photo Disc…Check Hibbert And Cullen bet its there.

bobby-s

Don

was at the Lil’ Itra’lins today
                                    he said to say thanks
                                    it took him over an 1hr & 1/2 to clear the snow YOU MATTED DOWN.

was there to see what time he wants the chassis tomorrow.

Bobby S.

don-kauer

Tell that little***** the next snowstorm I’m making a special trip there with 4 cars to drive all over that lot…Oh and tell him he’s a******………. 😆 😆 😆

bobby-s

hard time talking to him
                                            Low & him were into some HEAVY political stuff, 🙄 🙄

always a good laugh while there for sure 😆 😆 😆

dino
                                            Keymaster

UH…UH… UH …Talk nice or you’ll loose your time trials.

don-kauer

Oh no…..You sound like my old buddy…Joe T………..

patina
                                                    Participant

Lets get back on task here. Just got off the phone with guy that owns the suspect Model A with a 348 in it, he confirms it has a Dragmaster Chassis and had a Vitar Hydro in it. He bought it from a Kenny Battistoni from arounmd here (Red Hook Rhinebeck area). Now here is why this site is so socially important his older brother raced a 55 Chevy at Dover in the late 60s a street driven car they would pull in , put on the slicks and drag race away. Anyway Preston said he will check out the site. “Its a small world after all”

Pat

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Stand by for info on car…Newest forum user …? why,just .. 348 Roadster !

patina
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Stand by for info on car…Newest forum user …? why,just .. 348 Roadster !

Any word on this line of questioning Sgt. Is said suspect car the same one as was found in Rhinebeck.

I just saw Preston in Hannafords the other day and he was wondering if his car is the old roadster that raced at Dover.

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.