Ask, Inquires, and Questions

Forums Forums RACE TECH QUESTION FORUM Ask, Inquires, and Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Bill:
        Don’t even try! They would never understand unless they drove one and the chances of that now are slim to none!! 😮
        Rich

storm-king

I made this post with Similies, which are used to get the mood asscocitated with the post; across. Since the first and immediate response didn’t make the connection, and felt it was mean sentiment, I have edited this entire post. Sorry if this confuses anyone.

don-kauer

Wow, Lots of anti bow tie chat going on boyzzzzzz……….We don’t do that to you…….

storm-king

😉

dino
                    Keymaster

Boys Boys Boys….Calm Down…Storm King’s bark is worse than his bite…Differant Strokes for Differant folks…Now How Bout Ask >inquires And Questions….as in “Assistance and Friendly “help. You all did some dumb things regardless of the brand ..”thats how we learn”.I watched from the Tower. So It ain’t the car …it might be the operator.Patina started the this and he’s got an MG .At One time hanging around Matty Winspur and hauling his car …I actually got to like Hudsons! Now there was one certified Nut…Wish we could find him .

don-kauer

NOTHING is too rough for me………..We are all on here to have FUN…………It only takes one to change that………We dont hate other brand race cars…….I never did…I did however participate in the teasing of my friends who raced the other brands but all in FUN.

dino
                            Keymaster

Storm King ?….He’s Fun…Just think…If we didn’t have all the differant makes …It would Be REAL Boring …Watch My NEXT Heading.(AMC )

dino
                                Keymaster

Gotta do like Lagana “CHEVAMOCOPAR”…kind of the anything car, as long as it went fast, who cares !

don-kauer

Hey, I like all the older cars…..GM FORD CRYSLER ..Not the new crap..70’s and earlier…They are all part of us as drag racers…..Everyone needs to forget about about NHRA and the Factory B.S…….Put that crap in the toilet where it belongs…………It’s OK to pick on each other and tease….That shows friendship and love……If we don’t put this to sleep I’m going to have to get Commander V-Bob and Captian Casey involved………………..Nuff said……….Don……

storm-king-2

I thought we were all doing this in fun. If you can’t bust your friends chops, than who’s can you bust? I told you guys I was considering running an SRD Vega to be competitive in Pro/Stock. When I was in the Army I raced my friends 65, 2+2, 289 4spd Mustang. He had just gotten married & couldn’t aford to put any $$$ in it. I bought the Mickey Thompson’s,& the 4:11’s. He drove it all week, on Sunday we would each take a time trial to see who would race it that day. I usually shaved his time by a tenth. Those Stangs sure had a wierd shifter, 1-2 & 3-4 were like pushing down on the lever, not back & forth like with a super shifter. Had a lot of fun running that car. Also ran another friend of mines 32 Ford coupe with a 327, 2-4’s, & a 3spd. The Dodge was apart, so I drove it to Dover and ran it, in C/A I think. We, ( Gary & I ) do have some sour grapes about NHRA & the way they factored the Chrysler Pro cars. My 426 Duster against a 427 Camaro, I had to spot him 200#. We weighed in 800+ # more than a small block Vega. At his retirement party Wally Parks apologized to Chrysler for what they had done to them to keep them from winning. ( We Were The Ramchargers ) I think we used to figure a 100# was worth a tenth.
                                            Anyway, for what it’s worth, as long as there are 2 cars left, & 2 people to drive them, it won’t matter what brand they are. There is going to be a race.
                                            Bill

mikey

I sort of get the feeling that I’m at fault for the ill will of some people on the Car Brand thing. 🙁 That was not my intent. My intent was to have a little fun, and keep the subject going. 😀 Yes, I’m pretty much a Chevy guy. So what??My first drag car was Six Fiends old 53 Chev. When I broke the motor, I raced my dads 67 FORD GALAXY 500 at DDS, winning several trophies in L/SA. Also, in a previous post, I mentioned driving a friends HEMI GTX for him when he broke his wrist at Island Dragway, got runner up in SS/ eliminator. I also drove a friends AMX at DDS a few times. So, does that make a difference to anyone?? 😮 I like them all, but I’m still a CHEVY GUY 😆 😆 …………Mikey

don-kauer

Hey Storm King 2, Hats off to you………..You’re right …we are all in this together..I’m glad we are back to just “busting”……..I remember your cars ..Very cool….Thank the powers that be that we can still do this with all the restrictions now on our lives…It was much easier back in the day…………Hey I’m a Chevy guy but I’m in a vintage Mopar this year,,,1965 vintage and I couldn’t be happier….Bless the USA, Us and our families, Drag Racing and the DDS web site…………………..Don Kauer……….

billy-casey

WOW , I missed this whole thing , I best keep Quite … Billy 😆 😆 😆

paul-ceasrine

Since I’m on the Mopar thread, and Ford thread, I’ll join another for a Triple.
                                                            Bill (Storm King 2), I’ll go to the end with you on the Mopar technology, as I am a Mopar Head.
                                                            But, working at my fathers shop in the 70’s, I have to honestly say, that nothing was easier to work on than a small-block Chevy engine. Light and every damn thing was interchangeable. And the most important thing, you could get parts anywhere.
                                                            Everyone and his brother wanted a 302 in those early 70’s. Easy, get a small journal 327 block, 283 crank, 12.5-1 pistons, optional Z-28 cam and #041 or #461 heads, and the customer didn’t have to take out a second mortgage to pay for the engine.
                                                            Paul (Still Mopar though).

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Right Paul…Matter of availability and economics…See the 1964 topic…New SPEED EQUIP…mostly produced in mid 60’s for Chebby.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.