AWB 65 Coronet

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING AWB 65 Coronet

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

….. Vin posted some pics in “current projects” of the replacement yoke “for now” 😀 till I decied what else I am going to “modifiy” 😀 talk to ya sooner then later 😀

34gasser-65awb

Late last night, the old “Sensation” chassis arrived here in Waterbury after it’s long journey from Nebraska. It was in Washington before that, so this 1 has gone clear across the country.

Anyway, follow the link to see pictures of it as it sits in my yard next to my ’63 Polara:

http://primerking.com/Sensation%20chassis.htm

……- Amazing …THE actual Melrose Missle Chassis! [Dino}

Attachments:

34gasser-65awb

Dino, just for clarification; the Melrose Missile ran with the standard Chrysler uni-body chassis under it. The 3rd owner/driver team had the chassis built under the car after it was campaigned as the Melrose Missile.

tomatohead
                Participant

….. Vin …I am mixed up 😕 is this front end for the 65 ❓ or for the 63 ❓ ….tomato 😀

34gasser-65awb

Tomato, the chassis is for the ’65 AWB car. My ’63 Polara is gonna be a plain ol’ streeter; whenever I get to it. It’s actually a really solid car that just needs to be cleaned up and put back together.

tomatohead
                        Participant

………. listen the more the merry ❗ and I like the 63 very much , streeter , thats a good one ❗ 😆 ………….

34gasser-65awb

OK, well…. streeter might be stretching it by a little, so let’s put it this way: It won’t ever see a track (or paint) for as long as I own it. It’ll be a fun goof-around car that I hope the cops don’t catch me in.

34gasser-65awb

This weekend I got the old “Sensation” chassis put together with my ol’ Dodge shell. Process went smoothly and it feels real good to finally have my own little piece of history put together and looking like something. Nothing is welded in or finalized yet, but atleast I know that it’ll all go together. Should be on 4 wheels and a “roller” real soon!

Attachments:

babycakes
                                    Participant

Hey Vince,glad to hear and see your ‘AWB’ project is finally getting started again! A long way to go.but well worth it for your ‘passion’ project! Keep the motivation going!!!

34gasser-65awb

Hi guys! Since my last posting, I have gotten my project tacked together and finally “rolling” on it’s own 4 wheels. Everything is located and squared/leveled. Just needs finish welding to call the project a roller. I have OLD M+H/Stahl front tires to mount on “kidney bean” Halibrand reproductions and more OLD M+H 12.00-16 Racemasters to mount on REAL magnesium 16X8 Halibrands out back. Once I get them bolted on and the whole thing in primer, it oughtta start looking like something!

Attachments:

34gasser-65awb

another pic

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                Participant

Vince,a ‘diamond’ in the rough,gotta give you credit,a very ambitious project,to say the least! It’s already got that great looking AWB stance! Like Pat D. with his 57 Chevy project,keep the motivation going,in the end it’ll definately be worth the fruits of your labor!

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

……Vin LOOKIN” Real Good ❗ ❗ ❗ ….hope to see you at the valley ❗ ❗ ❗ your car is just a little more work then mine 😀 ❗ … your car is gonna be awesome 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.