Brainbeau Olds 442..& other Famous Oldsmobiles

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Brainbeau Olds 442..& other Famous Oldsmobiles

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    fredrice

Here is another Brainbeau car for sale…posted today on 442.com

/26/2010 Oldsmobile Lovers – W/30 bonanza package – This is a chance to own a piece of Olds history and restore it to its former glory. Original Brainbeau 1966 Olds 442 W30 National Champion Indy “C” Stock. Original Brainbeau Olds driver Woody Woodland is owner of this car and available for consultation as you complete the restoration. The car is mostly complete but in pieces. The body has been prepped. Includes: Original “Indy Trophy “C” Stock”; Three NHRA Certified Class Records; Rolling frame and body and all original parts; Original Woodland/Andresen Traction System with 12-bolt axle; W-30 Air Cleaner #20; (2) tri-carb Manifolds. Not Included: 400 Motor. Plus – 1967 W-30 442 Cutlass Supreme Sports Coupe. This car is mostly complete but in pieces. The engine is a correct 400 and blueprinted, needs pistons and camshaft. The body is prepped and painted needs interior components. All other parts included except W30 air cleaner. Asking price for both vehicles $95,000.00. Please call with any questions and ask for Woody tloranz@acumeter.com 508-583-5791Brockton MA AD#66407

Someone needs to grab this one……

Fred

tomatohead
        Participant

What the ❓ ❗ man we just got power back today sunday after losing it thursday and I hit the Dover Website and Fred I thought you were a Ford man ❓ the Oldsmobile is really nice ❗

don-kauer

Hey Olds guys, I have a friend with a 1967 442 ragtop for sale……….It needs resto…I think it ran Stock Elim….Kept indoors…..It’s in Lagrange…………Anyone interested contact me on the site and I’ll get you the phone #………..Don Kauer……….

fredrice
                    quote Tomatohead:

What the ❓ ❗ man we just got power back today sunday after losing it thursday and I hit the Dover Website and Fred I thought you were a Ford man ❓ the Oldsmobile is really nice ❗

Yeah….18 years with Olds…..It was a great run with a great company….they treated me VERY well. Took an early retirement in 97. Still connected with Ford as we have Ford-Chevrolet-Cadillac-Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep franchises. Even able to stay in business with all this current economic nonsense. Retired twice and I think the third time will be the charm. That won’t happen for another four years.

How are you doing? Get that T-Bolt done will ya! Then post some pics. My Brother has been naggin’ me to come up and visit and I might but I will probably bring my old vette up to Watkins Glenn for their April Corvette event.

Does my Olds 442 qualify for being famous? It was featured in an internal Olds Div. Magazine. LOL. I have pics (somewhere)from 79 when all of us Olds guys from Engineering took our stockers and superstockers to Indy…..quite a few won their classes. Pitshots of about 12 rigs parked side by side and Rocket flags flying high atop… My old friend Ed Koerner (Olds Experimental) had a B/ED Olds powered rail that did well. He is now head of GM engineering N.A.

Regards,
                    Fred

jmb442

Wow, Fred; your 68’s got great options. Power windows, rally pak, tilt wheel. Is the AC still in there? are those 15″ rims?

paul-ceasrine

Had to get into the Olds thread here, again..
                            My only Oldsmobile connection, car; my girfriend had a 71 Cutlass-S red w/black vinyl top,
                            coolest thing, the rear bumper with the tail-lights recessed in them..
                            Engines; my father built several 455’s for ‘Pancake Boats’ that raced up-n-down the
                            Hudson,,from the Point in Peekskill-to-Cold Spring..The only way to keep the bottom-end
                            together,,main-bearing cap girdles.,,,Man those ‘Pancake Boat’ guys…Those Cats are Crazy 😮 ,,,,big tunnel-rammed ‘Olds 455’ sitting inside those tiny ‘dingy’s’..Still have a
                            ‘boat-load’ of Arias 455′ lite-weight pistons.
                            ,,Found an old Super Stock Magazine article on the 66′ WinterNationals..Damn,, even an
                            old Dover participant,,Paula Murphy (Granada Hills, Calif.) was racing her C/SA Olds 442
                            there,,13.50 @ 106mph,, but got beat by a 63′ Ford,,427/410HP single-four-barrel car..
                            Thats for the Ford contingent 😀 ,,,Pete Kost in the Holiday Olds was the man-to-beat
                            out there..The Mercury factory-sponsored team sent several white w/red hood striped
                            390/335 Comet GT’s to ruin the party..One with Eddie Schartman (Cleveland) driving..and the other BILLY LAGANA (Mt. Kisco),,but the got lost in the field of 27 cars.
                            …jmb442,,,has anyone out there seen a 66′ 442 W-30,,with the special paint color scheme,,
                            Tasco turquiose with the yellow roof,,,I swear I saw it at Dover,,but can’t remember anything else about it..Looked like a ‘Tropical-Bird’.
                            Paul,,,,,,,Bird-Watcher

tomatohead
                            Participant

…….. Fred , trying to finish up the vette right now then back to the paint job for the Fairlane , have you had any luck runnin down your 428 Mustang ❓ ❓ ……………. tomato

jmb442

Paul , Haven’t seen any blue and yellow Olds, but if I do,I’ll post a picture.

Attachments:

paul-ceasrine

jmb442,
                                        I wonder if the happy racer there, got to take that trophy home,if you know what I mean 😉
                                        That would be great, if someone could find one of those odd/tropical painted 442 cars.
                                        Turquoise with yellow top 😯 or gold with black roof was another one.
                                        jmb,,,Anything on a 68′ 442,,white and lettered ‘Shamrock’ in green lettering. Can’t
                                        remember where I saw it race. I think D/SA,,ran 12.70’s like clockwork.
                                        Great info on Berejik,,Brainbeau,,and Holiday Olds.
                                        Paul,,,,,W-36 Code,,make mine a black vertical stripe

paul-ceasrine

jmb442,
                                            Got my Oldsmobile Dealer Sponsorship List Out;
                                            Century Olds
                                            Brainbeau Olds
                                            Berejik Olds
                                            Holiday Olds
                                            Chesron Olds
                                            Anderson Olds
                                            Ron Garey wins the 68′ SpringNationals at E-Town in E/S with a 68 W-31 Cutlass.
                                            Takes home $4700 plus other goodies. Record 12.98 @ 107.05. But runs under record every run. Best race at the SpringNationals,, the semi-finals in Stock Eliminator, Ron Garey E/S
                                            runs a 12.67 defeating Ron Ranks 67′ D/S 4-4-2 who runs a 12.34.
                                            Dino,
                                            Who was running those times in D/S or E/S at Dover, in June 68′ ?? Anyone close??
                                            Paul (How ’bout a 70′ Toronado GT)

jmb442

Paul; When I saw the trophy girl I wondered the same thing….. Don’t know what kind of times guys were running at Dover.
                                                I have a picture of guys who had “Olsen Todd,Oldsmobile- Cadillac” out of central Valley NY, on their 69 w-31 cutlass. For me… a holy grail
                                                car would be to find an original “Motion – Markowitz” Olds. Not gonna hold my breath…..

Attachments:

patina
                                                Participant
                                                    quote jmb442:

Paul; When I saw the trophy girl I wondered the same thing….. Don’t know what kind of times guys were running at Dover.
                                                    I have a picture of guys who had “Olsen Todd,Oldsmobile- Cadillac” out of central Valley NY, on their 69 w-31 cutlass. For me… a holy grail
                                                    car would be to find an original . Not gonna hold my breath…..

jmb it amazes me when I see these cars here and on other sites or at auctions. I remember the “Motion – Markowitz” Olds and all the ram air GTO’s, L-88 Vettes, aluminum front end Plymouths. These cars I saw almost daily driving on the streets of New York and LI. We didn’t think that they would be worth what they are today. Hell I abandoned on the side of the road a 56 Nomad in 1968 thought it was junk. When I got out of the army in 69 I was looking at a brand new Chevy Nova at Robert Chevrolet in Hicksville it had a LT-! in it turbo 400, 12 bolt, tach on hood and it said “Yenko Deuce” on the side of it, the window sticker was $4200.00 I only had $2400.00 so I bought a used 68 BB vette roadster w/ both tops.

Pat

jmb442

Pat; Abandoning a Nomad on the side of the road?? or a Yenko Nova for $4200?? great stories!

fredrice
                                                            quote jmb442:

car would be to find an original “Motion – Markowitz” Olds. Not gonna hold my breath…..

That car was driven by either Norm Flesch or Marty Schorr. Car was out of Mack Markowitz Olds of Hempstead NY just a few miles from Motion. Check this out….

I used to call on this dealership in the early eighties. The owner, Norm Flesch, remembered this car well.

Fred

fredrice
                                                                quote Tomatohead:

…….. Fred , trying to finish up the vette right now then back to the paint job for the Fairlane , have you had any luck runnin down your 428 Mustang ❓ ❓ ……………. tomato

Yep…I have. It is the 2008 NHRA Stock Champion. Have some additional info I can share with you at the 2nd Reunion. Meanwhile I have just about finished my Vette.

Same car just wheel and tire change when I go to hot rod events. lol.

Fred

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.