Brainbeau Olds 442..& other Famous Oldsmobiles

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Brainbeau Olds 442..& other Famous Oldsmobiles

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Fred.. You found the Mustang?!

Post the Latest HERE—-> http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1007&p=6112#p6112

fredrice
            quote jmb442:

Wow, Fred; your 68’s got great options. Power windows, rally pak, tilt wheel. Is the AC still in there? are those 15″ rims?

jmb442,

Yeah, it has just about every option….also has….power seat. I know that is not a common option on these cars. A/C still intact and will freeze you out of the car. Car is original and I have build sheet and dealer bill of sale. Made at Fremont Ca. plant and is rust free. 14 in wheels are the only down side. Odd that the car did not have rallye wheels….
            I really like driving her as that Olds exhaust sound is unique.

Your car looks like it is coming along nicely. Let me know if you need any Olds parts specific to yours as I might have some spares you could use. Thanks for the car compliment!

Fred

fredrice
                quote dinotheweirdo:

Fred.. You found the Mustang?!

Post the Latest HERE—-> http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1007&p=6112#p6112

Hey Dino….yep found it on Long Island! Only took me 5days to find it once the word got out I was looking!

dino
                Keymaster
                    quote Lee Valentine:

The 442 in the picture on the site is not the Brainbeau car. Doc. actually had two 442’s both painted the same. Lee.

Found this in Lee’s Photo Collection ..Fill us here Here Lee…Is This the Black Arrow Two with your Dad looking at that For Sale sign on Window..? Looks like door Repainted back to Yellow (not Too Good) If So what a shot …Dad eyeing buying it .Maybe Doc Driving?

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster
                        quote Lee Valentine:

Paul, My Dad paid $2,000 for the 442 in 1968 or 69, We picked it up at a friend of Doc’s near Arlington High School and I drove it home with dealer plates. I remember stopping for gas at the station at the 55-82 intersection. I acctually drove the Olds. for Doc Burgess a few times before we purchased it. Lee Valentine

…maybe LEE driving here ?

lee-valentine

Yes that was me driving, Lee.

brainbeauolds

1966 Brainbeau Olds 442 in the pits, Indy, 1966 NHRA Nationals.

File0862-3 by g_horn, on Flickr

1966ramair

Does anyone have any photos of the red 1966 442 sponsored by Linder Oldsmobole from the Bronx ?

dino
                                    Keymaster

ODF Galleries…Kathy V. Collection:

Attachments:

patina
                                        Participant
                                            quote dinotheweirdo:

ODF Galleries…Kathy V. Collection:

Only problem is that car is not a 66. Was there another one a 66 or is 1966ramair mistaken as to year.

“Only the Shadow knows”

Pat

1966ramair

Hi Folks,I’m new to the forum and thank you for posting the pics of Linder Oldsmobile’s 442 but the car I’m asking about was a red 1966. The quarter panels read sponsored by Linder Oldsmobile in gold lettering and ramair on the front fenders.Thanks.

jmb442

….Also not the Linder car , but a nice 66 just the same

Attachments:

dover1320

Found superstock magazine from Spiedels speed shop in mint shape all about the Brainbeau old and more if you want it jmb442. Brian

dino
                                                        Keymaster
                                                            quote 1966ramair:

Hi Folks,I’m new to the forum and thank you for posting the pics of Linder Oldsmobile’s 442 but the car I’m asking about was a red 1966. The quarter panels read sponsored by Linder Oldsmobile in gold lettering and ramair on the front fenders.Thanks.

Just In:
                                                            Hi Dino. Hope all is well. I’m a Bronx native (now living in Arizona) and frequent visitor to many of the drag strips in New York and Long Island in the 1960s. What piqued my interest was a query from a site member seeking info on a 1966 red 442 (Ramair) sponsored by Linder Olds and prominent in the drag race scene of that era. It was from a fellow with a “1966ramair” handle if I remember. His post was on April 9th 2011. I owned that car, and so would like to connect with him, if you might have his contact information. Meanwhile, best wishes for the holidays, and enjoy your weekend.

Regards,
                                                            FrankTuzzolino

>>>>Done Frank… Sent Him your contact info

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.