BRING THE PUMPKIN HOME

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR BRING THE PUMPKIN HOME

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

This reply at the other topic started it all:

Hi Guys!
        Been a while……Even thou I haven´t been involved with Super Pumpkin for a couple of years I still visit this forum at regular basis. It is always a great sourse for inspiration. Keep up with the good work…hats off for all you guys. Why I´m now is breaking my silence is becouse I found out that Pumpkin is up for sale. Owner seems to be in need of fast money. We are no longer on speaking terms, but if anyone of you ODF´s are interrested I will help out as much as I can.No price is mentioned so call Ola up and make him an offer. I would really love to see Pumkin return to her homeground. Just let me know if I can be of assistance.

All the best // Peter

Then I said This:
        Who’s up for a “Group” effort to finance this ?But most inportantly…Where and who will finish & maintain ? sounds like a meeting should be called …Pick A time and we can do a REAL TIME chat with everybody interested on line at the same time…kinda like a “conferance call.” Can alert the Entire Forum of a Day & Time by doing a mass E-mail to All registered on the forum.Lets hear some FeedBack …. Need Time -Money & a Garage. I’ll Donate the Entire Re-lettering job….either version .My original or the later silver leaf.Tried Calling Present owner …didn’t work…have a PM into Peter to get more info.

dino
        Keymaster

See everything posted up til Today At ;

Re: My FIRST IMPRESSION OF Dover

BUT…Continue the New Topic HERE
            Some of the latest Thoughts:
            Hi guys!
            I really love what I´m reading…….Get together and bring her over there. Stockholm will be the nearest port about 80 miles away compared to Gothenburg wich is 200+ miles away, but that´s no big deal either one. Hey Dino…. did the phonenumbers make any sense this time? If not,send me your number and I will pass it on.
            All the best Peter Lilja

I Said:
            Attempting to call Sweden…6 hour time differance…Its 12:30 am friday there, as I type this( 6:30pm Thurs.)…so I’ll try first thing in morning .Ok GANG things getting serious …If the Price IS Right ….got to make a decision…Lets get some thoughts here. How do we pull it off? Pay for it…Garage it…finish it. ??? Maybe its time we appoint a coordinator…Volunteers?

Don Kauer fired Back with:
            First off……..We need recent pics with some dialogue on the present condition with how long the old Casey girl has been sitting and where (hopefully NOT outside)……..These things will help determine the price.. Also I’ll be in touch Bob Casey this evening…I’ll check back in to let all know his feelings about this…… Don…

……………SO I SENT A MASS E-MAIL to EVERYONE to join in and contribute input at THIS TOPIC…Lets See what we get.

dino
            Keymaster

WOW ….within ONE Minute of sending the E-Mail …I got a major “BITE” from a “qualifed” buyer in Ct. that specializes in Buying and selling Guns, Antique Cars & Auto related, and More! He buys single pieces or entire collections…. thats just in the first minute! …I’ll keep ya posted. Just to remind you …this site averages over 350 “Hits” -(visits) a DAY…Lot of people now know about this.

don-kauer

Just finished a conversation with Bob Casey and he is elated with the news 😀 He will be on our site by this weekend and follow this venture in hopes that The Pumpkin returns to where it belongs 🙂 🙂 🙂 …Don..

dino
                    Keymaster

Behind the scenes negotiations are happening, deciding factor is getting a ‘figure’….More tomorrow as the sun comes up in Sweden,and return calls are made here in this country.Oh…the site Hit count jumped once the Mass e-mail hit.

shedrat29

A kiwi here, I helped Dave Mingay a few times when it was the Hellraiser ( have a few pics) happy to make a small donation to get it home if you guys do run a fundraiser, cheers Shedrat29

anonymous

I know to many of you my name is meaningless but I was crew on The Pumpkin when Pete and Maggie Devlin owned it from 1976- 1979 in England. I always felt that if the car came up for sale I would try and buy it as it meant so much to me. I felt fortunate however in the last few years to have been introduced to Bill by this forum and came to realise just how much a part of his life this car had been and also how many lives it had touched. We tend to only see things as part of our own story and forget that those same things meant so much to others as well. Despite loving the car with a passion for the affect it had on my own life and the memories it brings I would now be more than happy to see it return to its’ rightful home and cared for in the way it should be. I shall be watching with interest and hope your plans come together. Maybe one day you’ll let me sit in her again!

dino
                                Keymaster

“Plump” is Steve from England who crewed on the Pumpkin before it went to Sweden…Heres His Story;
                                    http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=884
                                    ………….”it’s all here someplace”

They be into the Nostalgia scene BIG Time in Merry ol England :
                                    http://www.ukdrn.co.uk/PICTURES/PICTURES.HTML

dino
                                    Keymaster

Just Talked to ‘OLA”amazing …cool guy…his quote ” I want Pumpkin to go to someone that appreciates it and will finish right” . He’s got 10 years working on it on and off,and has too many cars to finish.”Getting old” he says but wishes the Pumpkin gets a good home with connection to the car.Said he’s been chasing the correct parts for a long time with the input he got from Billy. It has the right Olds rear and sounds like its almost done. Its painted and close to race ready. He has two motors for it , including a big block. But would sell it without motor. His first figure was $ 20,000…..but later said “the money’s not important-seeing it go to right party is”.The language barrier was little tough, but we had a good talk. He put his girlfreind, Maria on the phone to finish up. She’s going to e-mail current photos of the car later when she gets to computer. Ola doen’t do computer.So …what next guys…

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Interested in my 04 Mustang ?
                                            It depends what shape the SP is in!
                                            Im ready for a road trip,on my way to Lithuania I can stop by and check the SP out!!

‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Nothing in my in box yet…they’re 6 1/2 hours behind us, so have wait til tomorrow for photos. I did ask whats the lowest he’d go…no response yet.

anonymous

Dino if you can’t get a deal together could you please let me know.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Nothing yet. Got ya Plump.

anonymous

Any progress?

dino
                                                            Keymaster

JUST blasted another E-Mail to Ola And his girl Maria. Asking for photos of the present condition and what his ‘bottom line’ to sell would be.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.