BRING THE PUMPKIN HOME

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR BRING THE PUMPKIN HOME

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    anthonyc

Tri five chevys bring a lot of dough. I dont think its bad for that money. It looks like a lot of mud on the bottom too,but there isnt a part for these cars that is not reproduced so it makes it totally possible.

anonymous

It’s a real shame that you couldn’t put a deal together. I’ve often thought about having a tribute car of sorts. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

mikey
                quote dinotheweirdo:

OK lets get real …Too much money ….to much coordination …and how ’bout the Camaro ? that was A Super Pumpkin Too! . Got a better Idea to Honor Casey….will be putting together soon.

Dino, the Camero won’t work. When someone says “The Super Pumpkin”, everyone automatically sees the ’57. I liked the Camero, but I LOVED the “57, probably just like everyone else. ………..Mikey 😆

peter-lilja

Hi Guys!

I went out to Ola´s place yesterday. It turned out SP was garaged for the winter,and stod with some other cars in a very tight spot wich made it inpossible to take any photos. Ola informed me that SP was not for sale at present time. It was a friend of Ola who put all cars and parts up for sale. He wanted to send his appologies for not answering any emails or calls.He promised me I would be notified as soon he was even thinking about a sale. I will keep you posted as soon as anything happens. He also asked me to appologize for that last email, sent by his girlfriend Maria. Those words was hers and not his.He wants to keep a good relation with all of you. I hope he gave her a good spanking.Building a clone seems like a good idea. I would like to se that happen. 😀 😀 . So I guess we´ll have to put a lid on this for now.

All the best // Peter

dino
                    Keymaster

HOLY HOKEY PUCKS >>>THIS STORY won’t die >>>>But since its about the Pumpkin…heres some More Info getting traded on face book:
                        Steve Hale who crewed on the Pumpkin in England while it was owned by Peter Devlin..posted this shot .Peter (Name on Door) and Steve are soon to arrive at the forum-have been chit chatting on the Dover Facebook page. Get this ! Peter, for the last 20 years has lived in South TEXAS and has a Country Band …I asked Him about Casey And The Car…He responded :

“Unfortunately I never got to talk with him, I beleive Steve did, I was kinda different back in those days, the usa seemed so far away, and now thanks to modern tech we are all in contact easily, and yes I now live in south Texas, for over 20 years.”
                        ……So YOU bought and ran the car?:
                        “yeah, I swaped a 48 ford for the Pumpkin, ran small blocks at Santa Pod, Snetterton and Avon park , then went to a 468 syroker, about this time my life changed and the car went to a new owner, but now I see it with my name, in sweden”.

………………….SEE PETE’S Whole Story Here!…Amazing !:

Bio

….at closer inspection the top shot appears to be the Swedish ‘Recreation’ of how it looked arriving in England …It wasRepainted a couple of times with differant owners before “Ola” got it….Believe top shot is how it looks now…Wheel wells wrong -trim missing and hood not right.The lettering differant too… I may be wrong …

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Read Peter’s Bio in the link at last post …Totally “AMERICANIZED ” here he is ,Former owner-Racer of the PUMPKIN…honky-tonkin’ it …thats him on the GIT-TAR

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Now to sort things out even more…Steve Hale IS plumpcars here on the forum…found his concise history of the car in the Giant-many pages (105) topic on the “Restoration of the Super Pumpkin” topic:

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=860

“The car was imported to the UK by Richard Smith and soon after sold to Ricki Di Tomaso. It was raced by Colin Mullan’s Speed Shop as all three of them were friends. They ran the car with a 440 Mopar(sacriledge!) as I believe Colin was heavily involved with Mopar’s at that time.
                                My friends Pete and Maggie Devlin then bought the car and it came with a 327 fitted.
                                I was at a friends custom shop, Gary’s Shack in London, one Saturday morning when Pete and Maggie arrived with the car en route to their first race meeting. They had fallen out with their intended crew man and asked if I could help. I jumped at the chance! This was the start of my relationship with The Pumpkin and a very close friendship with Pete and Maggie.
                                Sadly they split up around 1980 and the car was sold. I have kicked myself ever since for not buying it. It went to a well known racer who ran it for a season and then it was sold again and put briefly onto the street. This was when it changed colour to black. It was then sold to Sweden and I lost touch with it for 25years.
                                A few years back a Swedish guy sent me the ‘rough looking photos’ and sought out my information and photos of the car. When I saw the condition it was in I have to admit to getting very upset. How could anybody have let such a perfect car deteriorate so badly? However…The Swedes have been busy restoring her and I was proud that they chose to put things back to the condition as we raced her in 1976.”

dino
                                Keymaster

Dug Deep and while on the UK Rods & Sods Forum talkin to the guys about the car, Found THIS….Yes,one of its incarnations before going to Sweden. Steve confirmed it

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/tri-chevys-spirit-fifties-tuck-up-squad-boys/super-pumpkin-1861

Attachments:

seabake
                                    Participant

Looks like a good clone canidate …….Little pricey maybe
                                        9fvk3-3593356407@sale.craigslist.org

dino
                                        Keymaster

BAKE! That Link is an E-Mail ???

seabake
                                            Participant

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/pts/3593356407.html Dopey me. That’s what ya get when one is only partialy computer literate. If this doesn’t work , check Craigslist, eastern NC 2/21 under car parts and accessories.

patina
                                                Participant

Dino I saw it, just copy and paste in a browser window and it came right up 🙄 🙄

Pat

anonymous

I have just been told that The Pumpkin has changed owners within Sweden. I will post more when I get the full story as it contradicts what I was told by the owner in the autumn.
                                                        EDIT: The new owner is a friend of Ola’s who had the car for some time. Apparently Ola has been seriously ill and thus sold it to him. A full restoration is still planned.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

NEW OWNER IS .Robin Westlin …he lives in Enköping, Sweden He just posted this shot at his facebook page with the caption “Proud New Owner”

Attachments:

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.