BRING THE PUMPKIN HOME

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR BRING THE PUMPKIN HOME

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Ugh…still no response BUT….we have inlisted a top secret Swedish ODF operative ( code Name- Meatball….’swedish meatball’ ) to take a ride over to Ola’s shop and take some spy shots …he is embarking on his 30 minute drive in his camoflaged Volvo from his secure location in a frozen fiord sometime in the next few days.We can’t say when with possibility of compromising the mission.He just called me from Sweden by field phone. Knows the car and it’s history. And remember “Meatball” …if you are caught or captured …we will disavow any knowledge of your actions….this reply will self destruct in 10 seconds …good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq-YeD4L-bg&feature=related

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

WELL …So Much for that…Thought I’d Play “Pawn -Stars” and see what he’d actually take for the Car …so I offered 10,000. considering the car has NO motor-NO Trans.-NO interior….brakes-?-all the plumbing and electrical-?..’might’ have the correct rear -not sure…and it would take about $3000. just to ship it. THEN the added cost of finishing it -Drive train -interior and ALL the little things would take it into the ozone.We know the car has No title and we think it was taken to Sweden from England without any import/export tax…not clear on that. No documentation.So asking again for photos that our “Guy” could get…Heres the long awaited reply I got Today from “Maria” :

“Ola is no longer intressed in selling Pumpkin. He have to pay shipping and taxes when he byes cars, thatยดs something that comes allong for all dealers. He said 20 000 USD (He said Personally to me on the phone ‘Money Not the issue’-?)and then you offer him 10 000 USD, thatยดs a joke……. He is going to England next year and ship it over and use the bedford-truck as an transporter for the Pumpkin. Nostalgic racing on Shakespeares. So if you really want to bye it you have to give him at least 25 000″

Sorry guys… seems he changed his tune …20,000. -25,000. for a “shell’ and another 3000. to ship it just ain’t worth it …For a Fraction of that with a good starter body a Great ‘Clone” could be built. I tried.

anonymous

So he is saying $25,000 for the rolling shell, no motor etc. ?

hvy70ss
                Participant

Out of respect to Dino and this site, I will keep my REAL feelings on this turn of events to myself. It’s time to leave that car in Europe for good. Imagine what Billy would say?? Time to find another ’57 and clone that car…at half the cost. All the great’s have tribute cars out there now.

Smitty ๐Ÿ˜€

dino
                    Keymaster
                        quote plumpcars:

So he is saying $25,000 for the rolling shell, no motor etc. ?

Yes…first call he said 20,000. without engine ,didn’t know at time it had no interior….why I wanted the photos that never came…..now he’s ‘offended’ at offer of 10,000, and raised it to 25….

vindicator
                        Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Hey Guys…actual quote for shipping from Gothenberg (Sweden)…from Brian/Jason @ All Shore Forwarders in New Jersey…is $1,800…into Port Newark…it’s kind of sad ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ๐Ÿ˜ฅ …that…the “world at large” has become so incredibly money driven… “cats”…just moving the “goalposts” (prices) as they see fit…but…if they have the “product” that you “like”…U…get the idea…I can assure you…at present…there are no “players”/drag racers in Europe that will pay 20-25k for the car…as it is…that matters not…really…if…to proceed is the thought process…just go with a alternate car here… (USA)…the world…still is round…I think (?)…even though Columbus day (Christopher sez/said so!!!) (like other days of “importance” ala Lincoln/Washington) is celebrated for the convenience of government employees/teachers/banks ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† :lol:..patience…time…things happen… ( many good “things” too) ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Drake

don-kauer

You are right Drake……The Pumpkin is worth about 10K as is, delivered here.. ๐Ÿ˜Ž .An alternate car would work but you would still know that the original is still out there…If Billy were here he would agree…Don..

vindicator
                                Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Hey Don…it hurts…that there is seemingly no compassion for fairness…as far as I “know”…no one is requesting a give-away…doesn’t exactly speak volumes for integrity either ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ๐Ÿ˜ฅ … inquiring “minds” want to know…does maybe…just one legendary “tune”…by AC-DC…”Dirty Deeds…Done Dirt Cheap”…relate to any of this???!!!*** ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† … hope all well for ya’ “hoss”…think of you guys…often…when life was at the very least…a bit more “simple” ‘eh ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Drake

babycakes
                                    Participant

Dino,Don,and Drake,I 100% agree with all of ya’s! Whaaaay overpriced for a sight unseen roller,that’s basically a 57 Chevy shell you’d put alot of money into,before you even started restoration the way ‘Speed’ had the “Super Pumpkin”! Common sense in ‘our’ age bracket and finances,highlight on a ‘clone’! Yeah,not original,but,look at it this way,did anybody in the ODF have any ‘negatives’ on Tom Blake’s clone “Odd Job”? I,along with alot of others sincerely enjoyed and looked forward every day to see and read how Tom and his family were coming along;and the ‘icing on the cake’,seeing it in person and run the Dover 4 races! Well anyway,that’s my 2 cents worth.I’m looking forward to see Pat D’s ’57 Chevy project run someday.It’s the same old story (unless your rich),all it takes is ‘time and money’ which were all ‘short’ of nowadays! Thankfully for Pat and Mike D,we appreciate and enjoy seeing the ‘Baby Torque’ M.G. resurrected,and raced again! Along with Mike’s latest project restoration of the B/C he’s doing!

mikey

Time for my 2 cents worth. ๐Ÿ˜€ I have to agree with Pete, do a “Clone”. Toms car was a great example. He wanted to “clone” the car, but was only able to do a “look-alike”, because of the chassis, and suspension. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Still, the car came out awesome. If a “Clone” of the “Pumpkin” was to happen, WE, meaning all of us ODFs, could scour our respective areas for the correct body, rear end, suspension parts, etc. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ WE have enough pictures of that car from every angle imaginable, to make a perfect copy of the “Pumpkin”. And, I believe that it could be done for less than what they want for the “original”. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜• I also think that we could find all “period correct” engine parts/accessories, including the fuel injection parts. For what it’s worth, I’ve got a 4 bolt main 350 block and a brand new 8qt. Drag type oil pan I will donate to the project. ๐Ÿ˜• If I can ever find another part time job, I’ll help out some more. If Billy was still around, I don’t think he would care if it was “his” car, just knowing that we all cared so much, would make him really happy. I vote that if the car can’t be purchased”right”, that we all get together and somehow build a “real clone”. ๐Ÿ˜† …………….Mikey ๐Ÿ˜†

babycakes
                                            Participant

Mikey,your one heck of a ‘KIND-HEARTED GUY! Believe me! Crazy ‘idea’ in my head.I don’t know if Pat D. would part company with his 57 Chevy ‘roller’? A candidate for the ‘Super Pumpkin’ if he did,and some ODF member had some ‘extra’ coin to buy it,( ‘IF” Pat ever decided to part company for the right price),it would make a heck of a Pumpkin ‘clone’! A heck of alot ‘cheaper’ than buying the ‘original’ and restoring it,I would think! Just ‘food for thought’ Hmmmm? ๐Ÿ™„ Pete.

dino
                                                Keymaster

who’s up for a “Pumpkin Fund” ? Dons got the garage…we got a block, now need a ‘shopping list’ for build estimate for fund goal….and production plan…step one -find body…step two- hack the wheel wells -step three-sell the front bumper on ebay.
                                                    Engine
                                                    Body
                                                    Trans
                                                    Rear
                                                    Interior
                                                    Plumbing
                                                    Electrical
                                                    Wheels-Tires
                                                    See ….simple! …boy am I gona hear it for that ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
                                                    next project “Little Giant” Form A ODF CLONE TEAM…..Resumes please. N.Y.-CT. easy drive to secret ‘club house’ for all members .

dino
                                                    Keymaster

OK lets get real …Too much money ….to much coordination …and how ’bout the Camaro ? that was A Super Pumpkin Too! . Got a better Idea to Honor Casey….will be putting together soon.

anthonyc
                                                            dino
                                                            Keymaster

not a bad price …Almost “too good ” to be true…..Call em up Anthony. But click on all the thumbnails..trunk is rusted out and heres the interior.Like I said we should get “real’ To do it right …its gonna be $30,000 by the time you’re done to have a ‘runner’ turn decent times. If we asked for 10 guys to put up $2500. how many of YOU can pull that off? I don’t think ANYBODY on the forum has that hiding under the mattress.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.