Bringing Back an Early Mustang

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Bringing Back an Early Mustang

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

That ole pony lookin good!!!
        Keep on her!!!!

‘V’

realmongo
        Participant
            quote VBOB post_id=46160 time=1531666108 user_id=137:

HEY

That ole pony lookin good!!!
            Keep on her!!!!

‘V’

Thanks!!!

john-sachs-sr
            Participant

In 1966, with the release of the Shelby GT 350 H (Hertz cars), Ford moved the traction bars to the top of the banjo. They were worried about unfinished road projects and possible curb jumping. 😉 I managed to save the Hertz deal. The top bracket wasn’t 100 % thought out or tested, it became a simple fix for me, and then went into production. Since a Ford district office was down the street from Larsen the first Hertz car was tested by us.
                Eventually other changes were made to offer a better rental piece.
                John

vbob
                Participant

HEY

Good stuff John!!!!

‘V’

realmongo
                    Participant
                        quote john sachs,sr.” post_id=46162 time=1531742147 user_id=300:

In 1966, with the release of the Shelby GT 350 H (Hertz cars), Ford moved the traction bars to the top of the banjo. They were worried about unfinished road projects and possible curb jumping. 😉 I managed to save the Hertz deal. The top bracket wasn’t 100 % thought out or tested, it became a simple fix for me, and then went into production. Since a Ford district office was down the street from Larsen the first Hertz car was tested by us.
                        Eventually other changes were made to offer a better rental piece.
                        John

Well that must have been a fun part of the job!

realmongo
                        Participant

Steve has finished up with all welding and is doing a final fit of body panels in preparation for upcoming body work for paint.

Attachments:

babycakes
                            Participant

Seeing this restoration,reminds of Billy Malano’s black B/G from Highland, N.Y. A few years ago,it was 1/2 there, for a total restoration, then sadly, now it sits somewhere in Higland, collecting dust. Maybe some day it’ll be totally resurrected (?).

realmongo
                                Participant

Okay, I found the thread you were referring to.
                                    Can’t believe the project stalled when it was coming along so well.

realmongo
                                    Participant

Picked up the seats yesterday afternoon from Dave’s Auto Upholstery in Watertown, CT.
                                        Mark did a great job on them with all new materials and the powder coat finish should last a long time!

Attachments:

babycakes
                                        Participant

The ‘workmanship’ and the ‘craftsmanship’ what I viewed so far, is a ‘1st.’ class act !!! It’s an ambitious project taken on, that’s gonna be above ‘showroom’ beauty! Good luck,and keep it going!!! We appreciate ya sharing the progress with us ODF’s!

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY

Lookin good!!!!

Daves is 1 mile from my front door!!!
                                                Marks a good kid !!!! I went to grade school with the original owner Dave Sumner !!!!
                                                I always drop off DDS Race flyers with him!!!!

‘V’

realmongo
                                                Participant
                                                    quote VBOB post_id=46196 time=1532999028 user_id=137:

HEY

Lookin good!!!!

Daves is 1 mile from my front door!!!
                                                    Marks a good kid !!!! I went to grade school with the original owner Dave Sumner !!!!
                                                    I always drop off DDS Race flyers with him!!!!

‘V’

So you’re right there by Dave’s and you didn’t have coffee ready? 😆

realmongo
                                                    Participant

With the metal work finally behind us, Steve moves on to prepping the body for Stage 1 High Coat Primer.

Attachments:

realmongo
                                                        Participant

The first part to concentrate on will be the rear clip.

Attachments:

realmongo
                                                            Participant

Next the front sheet metal gets attached to the mockup to be prepped.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 147 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.