Chevy …!?…..in Ford Land ……………

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Chevy …!?…..in Ford Land ……………

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

……… Tom …. Pat and all you guys just got home from Easter Dinner A little while ago 😀 we visited friends in Cornwall CT up rt 7 from “BIG ALs” Toy Box had plenty to eat and wine to drink 😀 Happy Easter ❗ …………….. OK now back to work on the vette ❗ 😆

Attachments:

tomblake
        Participant

Pat…sure we will. We have skiing here, we just called by a different name. Melt the snow, get a boat (your injected small block would work good for this) get long rope – I think you know where I am going with this. WATER SKIING in the warm weather.

tomatohead
            Participant

……….. Tom my dauther and her friends just visited my parents in Naples FLA 😀 so hopefully in the furture when I am down there I will swing by 😀 ❗ …………… worked on the vette today weather is GREAT ❗ ❗ ❗ ………. but I think I mite have to call “Speed Casey” or Tom or Don or Lloyd does the distributor go in front ❓

Attachments:

patina
                Participant

Mater just my 2 cents but I’d get rid of those valve covers and get some originals.Aside from that it’s looking good.

Pat

tomblake
                    Participant

Tomatohead……Let me know when, it is a good place to get out of the cold.
                        By the way if the distributor is in the front the engine is in backwards.

tomatohead
                        Participant

………. Tom I think you were right , the motor was in backwards ……………. I think 😕 ❓ anyway we moved it around and there it was ❗ the hole ❗ ……………. Now not just “ANY” hole ………. 😆 but the Distributor hole ❗ so in it went and when we turned the key it started right up 😀 so thanks for all of your help 😀 I am now an Offical Vette mechanic 😀 ………………………………………….. now back to work on my car 😆 …………………yes theres is a Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJg5vspEXU

Attachments:

tomatohead
                            Participant

…….. OK OK I know I said we were done with the vette 😆 but you know how that gones ❗ you all really never done 😉 so Rons got this hood at home ……… didnt even tell me about it ❗ could if I knew he had this hood we could have stuff a 454 under there 😆 so now I have to talk him into putting a BIG BLOCK in the Vette 😀 ……….. it just seems right to Me ❗ 😆 …………. I think its a really nice hood 😀 just the way I like them , its white and its fiberglas , and hot air comes out of the back of it like mine 😀 ….. I think I might have to get a vette ……………………………………………………………………………………………. nnaaaaa 😆

Attachments:

mikey

That last picture is not a good one ! Shows a Chevy in the right lane, looking at the back of a Ford in the left lane. Please delete the photo. Thankyou……………………………Mikey 😆

tomatohead
                                    Participant

…… well you knew it had to happen 🙄 ,….. but looks like another new engine for Rons Vette ❗ 😀 time to Freshen up the “original” numbers matching motor and back in it goes 😀 ❗ ………………. has only 77000 miles , but will come apart for the usaual stuff and new paint and back in it goes ❗ 😀

Attachments:

mikey

Mater, either your camera is terrible, or you just can’t take pictures. Which one is it?? ………….Mikey 😯

tomatohead
                                            Participant

………yes ….mikey …. eye do need a new camara …. 😀

tomatohead
                                                Participant

no I didnt get a new camara yet 🙄 ….was working on Rons old 77k vette motor 😀 ,some pics of the work being done . everything looks good and dirty , er I mean normal 😀 …. ” Action Rat” Ol ” buddy hope to see you at the Valley ❗ 😀 …more too come ❗ ❗ …… tomato ❗ ………….. Oh ,remember I Am a Certified Corvette Mechanic 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

……. I ❗ have about had it with the rain 🙁 and these where taken in beteween the rain , back to Rons vette motor 😀 , needs a nice valve job and all new gaskets and timing chain , oil pump , valve seals , new locks , etc. 😀 ……… maybe someday Ill get a vette 😕 ……… and put a FORD motor in it 😆 😆 ……………………………….. OH , …. I take Chev small blocks apart to see whats in them …………………………. ❓

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Mater.for 77k ‘original miles,it sure looks like the engine was maintained well (other than a ‘little carbon build-up on the piston domes,no big thing).Maybe borrow a ‘Chevy’ hat to wear,or tee-shirt while working on it,so the ‘engine doesn’t get embarrassed a ‘Ford’ doctor is performing the surgery to rebuild it. 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.