DOVER AT THE VALLEY 2017…Photos By KMAN

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 9th ANNUAL DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2017 DOVER AT THE VALLEY 2017…Photos By KMAN

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Chuck, aka K-Man, you once again did it!!! You knocked it right out of the park with priceless photos…absolutely “BEAUTIFUL”!!! As far as ‘my’ opinion goes of the event,once again, a mouse trying to swallow an elephant; what happened to it’s true meaning,”DOVER” Nostalgia Event??? Plain and simple ‘good’ time! 🙄 😥 Pete.

patina
        Participant

Cake’s get your head out of the sand, at the “Dover reunion” at Big Al’s there was only 35 cars. In order for this race to survive and grow and to make money for the track owners that put it on, it needs to grow and become a premier event. The cars that were there were outstanding and I include my own “Dover Original” car among them. The 409 cars made my heart skip a beat, the blown gassers from western NY fantastic, the Pacers, well although not the original car, I hadn’t seen the Pacers run since I was an awe struck kid at Westhampton in 1964. The list goes on, Dino did and does a great job and it’s not only what you see at the Valley. He’s going 10 grand at Syracuse and other shows promoting this event. Yes it needs some tuning but for the most part it is great. Dino if you want some feedback from some racers just let me know and I’m sure Bobby Smith would be willing to add his 2 cents. The bottom line is that the stands were full Sunday if you can’t fill the stands you won’t have a race. Dino you did a great job.

Pat

kman
            Participant

Thank You Mr. Pete … i got a few more …

kman
                Participant

kman
                    Participant

kman
                        Participant

tomblake
                            Participant

Kman ……Almost like being there. Wish we could have made it but the pictures show us what we missed.
                                Dino…looks like you did it again with a great show.

babycakes
                                Participant

K-Man, I join Tom by saying once again, an OUTSTANDING PHOTOGRAPHY JOB!!! You are ‘definately the man’,hands down,when it comes to taking ‘clear-cut’ photographs, and THANK YOU once again, for sharing Chuck!!! :geek: 😮 😛 Mr. Pete.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Cakes.,..I’ll Address your Concerns in another Topic /Post.

babycakes
                                        Participant
                                            quote DINO:

Cakes.,..I’ll Address your Concerns in another Topic /Post.

Many “THANKS” Dino, it would well be appreciated! Being handicapped with use of a cane now, I damned near got hit several times,when just walking in the pit area,to see my ‘Dover’ buddies! Guys coming off the track,and going to the staging lanes,in a mad rush! I thought I was on 42nd. street, in N.Y. City, at Xmas!!! Also was a bit angry, been parking along the fence,for years next to the timing tower ( not blocking any race cars,leaving plenty of room) no ‘no’ parking signs there either! Next thing I know over the PA was my plate number; get it out of there right away,or would be towed,right away!!! NICE! Here I was way over in the ‘Car’ Show section,and had to rush back to my car! Sorry to cry on your shoulder,and hope this issues get ironed out for next years meet. THANK YOU for listing……Pete (aka ‘Cakes’) 🙁

dino
                                            Keymaster

New Handicapped Parking WILL be Implimented. Any issues like this Please Just CALL me… I’ll explain.. I’m all over the place and stuff not brought to my attention until After the race . Cars all over? …well it is a race track …But concessions will be made …

kman
                                                Participant

Thank You Tom and Mr. Pete for the kind words … Tom, like i said in an earlier post to you about the show … can’t make it ??? .. i’ll take you there… and that goes out to all of you who couldn’t be there …. The Blake family was missed … stay well and we hope to see You and Mary on our winter ‘tour” in Florida .. Good Lord Willin’ …

vbob
                                                    Participant

Hey

Pete,dont you go trowing rocks or apples at the kids riding bikes and putting boards with nails in the road by your house !!!!!

‘V’

kman
                                                        Participant

Got a few more pics … but the computer ain’t behavin’ …. will try again tomorrow….

kman
                                                            Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.