DOVER-FEST COUNTDOWN final plans

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION DOVER-FEST COUNTDOWN final plans

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

The Dover-Fest Post went to 12 pages…lot to read: (But read it for review )
        Jan.10……was originally 4pm til closing…will contact selected individuals to come early for Video interviews and gathering materials….Want to do a Group Photo at site…will get permission from owner First …So I say If ya want to be in it…lets back arrival time to about 1:pm…so its still light out and we can do a little field trip again. I’ll be arriving late Fri night…Where or when …don’t know yet…Brian wil be staying over Fri . also-…maybe us together ??? more at this Topic when I get more to tell…In the meantime….read the 12 pages. Bring Cameras, battery back-up ,camcorders and Old photos . Drag papers and Movies -Tapes I can reasonably carry back. Awards “Ceremony” about 8pm ….V-BOB has a cake ??? and will present his slides and movies…Brian bringing the ‘Whole Museum”.

bobby-s

Gotta ask and be the MEANY’ 👿 this time

how or is there gonna be a way to help PAY for all the goodies, $$$$$
            some of the reradings mentioned finger food and V-Bob’s cake he just ordered 😛
            or does Dino, Brian & V-Bob have a secret GU-MA 😳
            with some extra holiday CA-CING

Had to ask
            I’m in 😛

vbob
            Participant

Hey

Attachments:

randy-fish
                    quote dinotheweirdo:

SCHEDULE !!!! —->FOR QUICK TRIP TO TRACK: PHOTOS ,INTERVIEWS AND VIDEO WALK-AROUND Meet at SAMS for Convoy —-> 1pm …til its too dark to shoot or we’re done (Gives time for Lunch someplace for early arrivals )

Hey Dino . . . please make sure you send me the best still photo (hi-res) from the deal and I’ll run it in my “Quarter-Mile Update” section.

dino
                    Keymaster

Randy …YOU WILL GET MORE THAN ONE …this will be a classic…will send as it happens ! (Upstairs BOB) 😀 ….might have a race car or too if the weather allows (See DragNasty) …and read it’s cool history on Sign by it at 2007 Reunion photos …unbelievable find !

dino
                        Keymaster

Just got this e-mail:
                            Dino,
                            I received your voice mail message and am saddened to report that I won’t be able to attend the Jan 10 reunion. I have to deal with a unexpected family situation in Florida that will make it impossible to make it back in time. It is a real bummer for me to miss this rare opportunity to see you and so many of my Dover friends. What can I say??…………..I will have to be satisfied with reading your report and Fourms on the Dover web site. Sure hope that there is another opportunity like this in the future.
                            Please say hello to all the racers who remember me, especially Drake.
                            Thanks for all that you do to keep the memory alive.
                            Mike (Mannion)

dino
                            Keymaster

Hi Dino,
                                I’m planning to attend the reunion on the 10th with a half dozen friends, including Bobby Lagana Sr.<—–(COOL!)
                                I had this shirt printed up today ( At the Danbury Mall ) with photo’s of cars that I raced at Dover…. I think you were the announcer in 1965, when I had a successful year in the A/A class, with the 409″ powered red Bantam….
                                I’m hopeful that the “Shirt” will help others remember the car and the “Club”……
                                Our appearances have changed so much in last 30-40 years……Would be nice if “Name Tags” were provided on the 10th……
                                The ’41 Ford was my first car…..The ’39 Street Rod is what I drive today…
                                Regards.
                                Les Madaus
                                Untouochables Auto Club…….Yonkers,NY

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

FINAL PLANS & SCHEDULE
                                    Dino driving (Was gona take train ) : will pull in late Fri.. Brian and I will set stuff up Early Sat. AM . WE Plan to be at Jayces at Noon, SAT…Go to track about 1 o’clock for Photos ,Video work, Field Trip II …be early …to be involved. The Menu is FIT for An ITALIAN ! Baked Ziti and Sausage & Peppers, Salad , Buffet Style …Around “Dinner Time” Movies, Slides, Brian’s Museum, ODF Hall of Fame Awards …Will play it ‘By ear”as far as timing things go .The food was payed for in advance by Brian..( I suggest $5.per person TO HIM to cover it ….It’s Buy your own at the bar…Some Lunch stuff will be avail.(Jayces)…Plenty of places in town for lunch though. WOULD LIKE TO SEE : BOBBY LAGANA, RICHIE SHOTT, SMOKEY & GROVER, STORM KING team, and others TO BE Contacted…..”EARLY”, TO BE VIDEO INTERVIEWED !More as it happens…..again : Bring Cameras,back up batteries,camcorders. Photo albums, VHS, 8mm. and other stuff for me to bring back …copy-scan, and mail back…will be Taking ODF applications …bringing stash of t-shirts and decals for new members.

CLICK ON THIS….. FOR MAP-ADDRESS-PHONE :
                                    http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Jayces.845-832-9925 pronounced ” jaysis”

vbob
                                    Participant

Hey

Attachments:

vbob
                                        Participant

Hey

Attachments:

dover1320

Just in from Jayces checking on things and put up second sign in town it wasn’t even up and people were asking questions about it. I got some leads on stuff for the museum more on that later , Brian M.

……Talked to Brian on Phone Sunday Night…while he’s putting up sign , some guy says to him “I have 8mm film of “Shottgun Express” Twin Motor car ! ” YES ! and he’s coming too [edit-dino]

LATEST WEATHER AS OF Mon.Am. ….Ugh ! clink on link:
                                                http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Wingdale,N.Y.&wuSelect=WEATHER

WATCH THIS POST FOR A N Y CHANGE IN WEATHER !!!!! We’ll see around WED….. how the “current” forecast is looking…that freezing rain and snow -temps dosn’t look great as of now ! [edit-dino]

dino
                                                Keymaster

Flash ! : MORE FUN! AL LOMBARDO (Big Al’s ToyBox-Click on Link on home page) Says “COME ON OVER SAT.!”… He’s only 10 min. from Jayces and is always open 8am – 4pm on sat. It’s like a car show there ! he’ll give ya the Tour . Just take Rt. 55 east to Rt.7 from Wingdale. Turn right (South) on Rt.7…and he’s only 1/2 mile on right. Real Close -real fun. See all his stuff and directions at his website .He’ll be over to join in, when he closes ! …looking forward to seeing many of you!

dino
                                                    Keymaster

SIX………………Video-Bob is stuck in Vermont(on the Road)..I told him I’d cover the countdown.

billy-casey

What the hell is he doing on a roof in Vermont during the octive of the dover fest … this is a very sacred thing in just a few days 😡 😡 😆 😆 Billy

billy-casey

OOPS… better were my glasses . 😳 😳 😆 … Billy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.