Dover Fest……OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Dover Fest……OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

HUH?….Panama! That would take some explaining ,BUT… Look Guys ,A Dover Shirt in Central America, I LOVE IT !

cullyflower

Panama was one of the stops on the cruise mrs. cully and I went on. Got home to late friday night, too get up early enough
            to make Doverfest.

patina
            Participant

Cully I missed you, hell I missed a lot of guys first you have to know their name you can’t just go looking for Video Bob or Roxrec or 1320 etc. I met Don Kauer (see spelling) Upstairs Bob, and Patty Judson. Mater and Dino you know I saw yous guys, and I certainly know who Bossman is I drove him there. Blake we missed you, and the rest of the Florida group, Kenny Hayn you ought to get that motor home tuned up for a trip to Island Dragway in Sept. I’m going to make sure Willie and Dave are there Richie Marchese (M&M) Jerry Duffy (Automotion) says hi. John Shimer(roxrec) what does that mean, I need outside “Little Frankie”decals. OK I have carried on enough, Lebenon opens in 19 days.

Pat (Pasquale Linguine) (Patina) DiStefano

tomblake
                Participant

patina…..thanks, would like to have been there. Looks like I missed a good one. Will make the two day nostalgia race. It is to bad Florida is so far away.

don-kauer

Speed and I had breakfast Sunday morning in Wingdale before he left to go home…We both could not beleive what a great weekend it was and we agreed it was almost as good as being at the track….A big highlight was hooking up with Fred Egloff and Jim Bellino….Great stories and some nut busting …Just like the old days…………And V Bob, I had no idea you were so talented…Shimer told me you baked that cake yourself…You would make someone a good wife……. 😆 😆 😆 …….Don…

don-kauer

Hey V and Patina, Saturday brought back some memories and it was a bit like other places we have been also..Over there we tried to have fun in a crap situation….Well here we also have an enemy….Our age and TIME…….Here is a great quote from the man, Billy Joel, for all of us and it works now with the ODF people : ” They heard the hum of our motors, they counted the rotors and waited for us to arrive and we would all go down together, We said we’d all go down together, yes we would all go down together…God Bless all the ODF crew and all our VETS………………Don…

dino
                            Keymaster

Like I said In my little “Speech” on the mic….What other Drag Strip have you ever heard of, that has stayed a FAMILY after 35 years , with 20 years of a Reunion….an actual Race named for the track ….and gets over 100 former racers together on a Sat afternoon in a town that doesn’t remember it being there ? Now 740 strong here on the site….Keep it together …as the the youngbloods sung “Smile on your Brother , Everybody get together and Love one another ” A great name for a car ‘The Time Bandit” but it’s true ..Time is thief….not like the song that said “Time Is on our side” .enjoy what we have .Sept will be a BIG month for us …plan Now Reunion on the 6th – Danbury….And the race At Island ….We’ll show the world what a bunch of dedicated racers can do …..cop at Riverview:” looks like a nice quiet crowd”……If he could only see your time slips 😆 and Shimer as he left ….. 😎

dino
                                Keymaster

Billy Speed…Tell your Brother.Sorry I didn’t get back to him…Had to get home faster than expected …wife needed me for some ‘issues’ Explain on the phone.I’ll be contacting him for sure….Oh- that shirt you wore was priceless…you keep everything!

dino
                                    Keymaster

Official last man standing at Dover Fest…..Me and Video Bob…By 7:30 pm…you wouldn’t know anything had happened there. Last to leave just before us was the Phil Tulli group that drove together. “And the hills of Wingdale were quiet again…as the last racers left town” …..”everybody’s heard about the Bird” Thanks for all that showed ! and Thanks to Brian , who came up with the Idea…I just came along for the ride…..And got the Plaques made…sure fooled Brian when I handed them out . ;)….We’re coming up with ‘Dover-Fest” #3 planning …Not the same …Bigger- Better and “we’ll have a bigger Boat” (Jaws)….Real Big…..lot of negotiating to do…but as in the past “somehow when you mention Dover-Doors open up”. You’ll be the first to know ,here on the Forum…..sure missed the Hills of the Hudson Valley ….Glad I came…..and so good to see you all…as Bob Hope sang….”Thanks For the Memories”

lee-valentine

First of all thanks for the ODF hall of fame award. Dino Big Al told me this morning He would be honored to have the get together at his place next year if you have trouble finding a venue. Call me at Al,s if you need to discuss things. Lee.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Hmmmmm…Thats a cool idea …My old cruisin buddy. Hey -we got time . He doesn’t know it But I’m sending him a surprise.

smokncobrajet

Hey,so sorry we missed Dover Fest.Sometimes life just throws some stuff at you and you can’t do what you want to,you have to do the stuff you don’t want to do…..We were represented at Dover Fest by the youngest son Kevin though.Tomato Head,I sure hope you survived him.Anyway,can’t speak badly about the boy,I see he has found the Forum,LOL,and there’ll be hell to pay if I don’t play nice.Hopefully next year we can come.For sure,we’re counting down the days until Lebanon opens.Then we’ll take it from there.
                                                    J~~~

frank-j-majauskas
                                                    Participant

Hey Dino,
                                                        The second Fest was a great success ! A perfect day with a lot of
                                                        great people. I had to leave before the presentations and didn’t get a
                                                        chance to talk to you. Everything was like a whirlwind. V-Bob stopped
                                                        over this morning with a DVD of the Fest and a big hunk of cake. Could
                                                        anyone have a better friend ?? 🙂 He said that he had no idea about him
                                                        receiving an award. So that was a great surprise !! Thanks so much for
                                                        a super job !!
                                                        Later – Frank…

don-kauer

Finally….Frank, Welcome to the forum….You need to be out here making posts….Good seeing you Saturday…Say hey to my brother V…………………………Don……….. 🙂

bossguy

Doverfest 2010 at the Riverview

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.