DOVER HISTORIC CARS..PICK 8 (Drags Shirts)

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION DOVER HISTORIC CARS..PICK 8 (Drags Shirts)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Heres a tough one: List FIVE ( MAKE THAT 8) cars that Best Depicted the Dover Expeariance. So many Years …1000’s of cars ! AND not so much “Your “personal favorites ….but what most poeple would Relate to “THE DOVER LEGENDARY CARS”… got ya thinkin huh ? ……changed to 8.

vbob
        Participant

HEY

How many life lines do we get ???

‘V’

vbob
            Participant

HEY

I’d like to phone a friend !

‘V’

masracingtd1167
                Participant

Little Giant, Black ARROW, Shottgun Express ,Blown Hearse, Hellzapopin

dino
                    Keymaster

I think we crashed Video Bobs Hard Drive….All his “helps’ are used up….. Billy GOOD! Heres mine :

Little Giant
                        A Lagana Car
                        Blown Hearse
                        Black Arrow
                        Let It Fly
                        ………………………………………………..This IS HARD !…Lets make 8 Cars
                        SO I WOULD ADD:
                        Shottgun Express
                        Freds Speed Shop car
                        Antones Dodge

masracingtd1167
                        Participant

OOPS how could I forget Super Pumkin and some one who was alway’s there Skip North and Bobby Laragina Those are my 8 and im sticking to it.

dino
                            Keymaster

Billy’s “Final Answer” is locked in…V-Bob ais asking for a cheat

patina
                                Participant

This is tough and trying NOT to be biased, plus being of a different age than you old farts.
                                    BUT: Brazee Bros. “Little Giant”
                                    Ron Abbott “Hellsapoppin”
                                    Charlie Boucher “Bad News”
                                    Bobby Lagana “Eastwind S/S 63 Chevy”
                                    John Gali “Big Troubles” B/G Chevy Coupe
                                    Gerry Gisondies “Westchester Service” Chevy Coupe
                                    Charlie Castaldo 55 Chevy D/G
                                    And what the hell I am biased;
                                    Dave Daly & Willie Feyh “Baby Torque” BM/SP MG

These are all early cars thats what I remember

Pat

dino
                                    Keymaster

Ok …Another “spin”…Good stuff here ! remember them all.

rcgarren
                                        Participant

Thats a tough one but here are the ones that come to mind

Billy Lagana Locomotion 1 & 2

Bobby Lagana To many cars to list

Skeet Russell 62 Plymouth C/S record holder

B & J automotive 57 Chevy D/S record holder

John Gunn 62 Corvette

Tom Valentine 66 wagon Pied Pipper

Fred Speed Shop 62 Chevy wagon ( The Hauler )

Ralph Feola 57 Vette Speed Parts Center

dino
                                            Keymaster

Roger likes door cars

tomatohead
                                                Participant

The ones I liked and remember and I am sure I forgot some and will proabaly remember some more later goes something like …………The MadFrenchman ❗ 70 Maverick Clem LaChance (When it was a stick shift) …Kandid Kamaro ❗ 69 Camaro Wille Harmany … Rye Ford 69 Mustang Mach 1 428 ❗ Wille Barnett ( I always used to LOVE when Wille Raced Wille ❗ …White Camaro ,White Mustang ❗ ) Super Pumpkin ❗ the 69 Camaro Bill Casey … The Wizard ❗ 69 Chevlle Wagon Andy Kinash and Carmel Ford ❗ ❗ Drake Viscome pick a car ❗ the one I remember best was the blue 69 Mustang Funny car ❗ That thing was NICE ❗ Loved that one running ALL the “others” during those “Funny Car Shows” …………….tomato 😀

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY

This is DOVER DRAG STRIP !!

‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

bumped this up to top of list (made a reply)…As General Discussion has a LOT of pages to browse through(FOURTEEN!)…click on the page buttons…Back to topic…Any new additions here? Bob said his ‘visually’

paul-ceasrine

DINO,

Surprised no one mentioned the most important vehicle at Dover.
                                                                Was there more than anyone else, and thankfully was not required for any tragedy.

The AMBULANCE. Always parked near the tower. Who can forget the Creamsickle color.
                                                                Wonder what times that thing ran?

I’ll focus on the Stockers, 68′ and later;
                                                                1) Tom Valentine “Pied Piper” B/S 66′ 427 Biscayne
                                                                2) Ron Frost “Tiny Tim” (T/S and U/S) 63′ PV544 Volvo
                                                                3) Joe Kenney, “Trick Tank” G/SA 62′ 383 Dodge Wagon
                                                                4) Tony Mone, “Odd Job” A/S, 68′ El Camino (69′ went into B/MP)

A Possum is a flat pancaked-shaped animal that sleeps on the road 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.