DOVER HISTORIC CARS..PICK 8 (Drags Shirts)

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION DOVER HISTORIC CARS..PICK 8 (Drags Shirts)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Way cool fifties Caddy..Long wheelbase …no power steering ,3 in the colunm. Replaced later with the ole red & white GMC panel truck(check the photos) ….when used and left track to take someone for check-up ,we threw a streacher in Chets wagon as back-up.

super-sport-pete

i was pretty much a weekly attendee at dover from 70-76 and when tom iorizzo did one of his patented wheelstands everyone would run to the fence.for open cars bob laregina wins in my book.it was probably just as good behind the wheel.

dino
            Keymaster

Getting Ready to Pick THE NEXT Group of 8 cars to put on the 3rd Annual Drags T-Shirts.( thats REALLY what this topic was about)…And your Choices would BE ?…Already picked the Bee-Line Willys ….need 7 more….a mix of rails-altereds-full body cars….refer to last two shirts to avoid repeats…..Thinking from previous posts: Pied Piper-Gunn-Iorizzo-Feola BUT need a Little From ALL eras .

don-kauer
                    quote SUPER SPORT PETE:

i was pretty much a weekly attendee at dover from 70-76 and when tom iorizzo did one of his patented wheelstands everyone would run to the fence.for open cars bob laregina wins in my book.it was probably just as good behind the wheel.

I would say that with 600 lbs over the rear wheels 😆 you can get the wheels up pretty high 😆 😆 😆 …….Tommy you know I loved ya and I hope you can hear us……….Miss you …………..Don

dino
                    Keymaster

Oh…You Mean like this…Just going through Brians new photo submissions, and figured this fits right in here.Now— Back to your choices.

Attachments:

maso
                        Participant

Dick Moroso’s Corvette…?!

babycakes
                            Participant

Boy Dino,there’s just ‘too’ many,but here goes: Bad News,Little Giant,Willie the Welder,Blown Hearse,’Skeet’ Russell,Hellzapoppin,Shotgun Express,and Tom Valentine 66 wagon.

dino
                                Keymaster

Good list …Many of those used on #1and #2 Nostalgia Shirts…Pied Piper And “SKEET” Strong Candidates for This Year.And Also Skip North (Which Car?) And the WHINEMAKER Anglia.

patina
                                    Participant

JOHN GUNN’S CORVETTE

patina
                                        Participant

Kenny Hayn’s (pepsiman on site) Maroon 56 Chevy convertable ran D/G, lots of pictures in archives. Maybe it would be an incentive to get his florida ass in his motor home and come up for the 3rd annual. Picture of another car also that should be considered, as a matter of fact this picture is perfect. 2 gassers with one stone. 😆 Ray Kobels yellow 40 willys coupe C/G with Jack Merkel slash. A&B Jr Fueler with funnel stacks.

Attachments:

bossguy

Larsen Fords “Little Yellow Wagon” would rise above the rest 😆

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Gunn could always CUT A LIGHT!! 😆 😆 just ask pop Gunn! 😳
                                                    Rich

john-sachs-sr
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote bossguy:

Larsen Fords “Little Yellow Wagon” would rise above the rest 😆

I built a total of 3. We totaled 1 every once and awhile. 😯 🙁
                                                        John 😉

Attachments:

pauljbayarinas

al oakes 39 chevy gasser-409 cu in. and the growler cars paul chapin buick powered vw. willie extrum 39 buick gasser dud oakes anglia moe delage several cars john lukosavage d/g 39 chevy butch west/paul j bayarinas b/sr willys jeepster later sold to moe delage he painted it blue and proceded to go FASTER digger and the blown corvair dragster lagana locomotion lagana plymouth with the huge batterys up on stilts out of the trunk THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER BOB LAREGINA[RACE CAR FABRICATER EXTRODINARE] pete stager willys gasser doyle/extrum [d&e automotive] the giant and charlie larson ford thunderbolt some of my favorites 😉

dino
                                                            Keymaster

as V-Bob would say …Holy Hockey Pucks !…Lot of Good stuff this ‘Round”. Going to be hard to choose this years T-Shirt candidates …SOOO000ooo ….I’m upping the ante . . .to include 10-12 cars….too many good ones . . .not to be left out.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.