DOVER’S LAST DAY: May 23,1976….the story unfolds

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION DOVER’S LAST DAY: May 23,1976….the story unfolds

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Somebody go to Petes house with a camera 😆 What Color Pete ?

super-sport-pete
            dino
            Keymaster

Pete …you’re my hero…Ah…obviously if thats an original…”somebody” changed suppliers ,cause that is way differant than previous “Art on File “and didn’t come from the regular printers used in other years .Cool ! ….But, So be it…when we get “OURS” designed …they will be right (Gona post this over at the Bogus Decal thread too)

super-sport-pete

hi guys,more csi subject matter. the man standing at the line next to maso1167 C/D bruce? track manager in 76? he was from bridgeport area i THINK? swifty wasn’t there in 76. maso should know.

dino
                    Keymaster

Maso in Florida-early 60’s Dover Guy…MASIELLO in rail (Billy)…So Billy …Who was that masked man. “76 Real Short season !IF SWIFTY ever got on here …he could tell us a lot.

masracingtd1167
                        Participant

For some reason I missed this post Bruce Friese I hope I spelled this right was the last track manager not Swifty . I dont know exactly how long Bruce was manager .It wasn’t very long . I think Chris knew what was comming and got out before it happened Bruce was the origanal owner of the WHY NOT altered . maby his son could fill us in?

dino
                            Keymaster

OK …Search On For Bruce..Correct Spelling a help and City -State .

dover1320

While hanging with Clem who was there on the last day and has a win sticker from 76 which is alittle different i’ll post soon it has a border not die cut. Brian M

dino
                                    Keymaster

Last Track Manager “Bruce” …anyone able to track him down?

super-sport-pete

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! MAY 23 2010. 34 years since the last time slip was given out. who was it given to? maybe casey,maybe me. or is it someone else? with all the items people are finding in attics about DDS ,i wonder if one of joe or chets family members could find the old checkbook from the track? this would have the name of the last racer they wrote a check to,hopefully.i saw joe’s daughter is on here. who knows? REMEMBER,A MOMENT OF SILENCE TOMORROW FOR MAY 23,1976

dino
                                            Keymaster

Wow …Fails on a Sunday Too this Year …Petes on the Case! …Ready for this ?…John Gunn mixes up the story by saying a week ago …’HE Beat Feola” …in the reg. elim….So how could Casey run Feola for Last ‘King of the Hill” ?

………TEN-HUT ! ……………….Fire Your Motor up for Nationwide Cackle at Noon …Taps will be played and Flags at half-staff…………………’The Day The Hills of Wingdale went Quiet” …last one out , lock the gate

[

mikey

I’m sure it was the 23rd, I was not working that day, and had my car there. I broke the spline’d end of the pinion off on my first TT, loaded up and went home. Went to work at McCallum Chevrolet in Fishkill on Monday, and Phil”Swampy’s Toy” Marsh told me that Dover was no more. I was stunned to the point of not being able to talk. There were rumors of all kinds, and I never got a straight answer from anyone on the reason or reasons, but I always felt it had to do with the property being sold, and the insurance carrier canceling the policy. I just don’t know, but it sure did ruin my summer. …………Mikey 😥

P.S. Just real glad this site is here, and I get to talk to you guys again. 😆 😆

dino
                                                    Keymaster

More info unfolding…Bruce from Brigeport last Track manager…SuperSport Pete might have made Last run for ‘stocker” King of the hill…Not sure If Gunn remembers good anymore…But Casey-Feola Run for Modified a pretty sure thing.reason Pete (Who Won) might be last ever run is cause Modified ran Before lower classes.Right? Pete remembers getting the check so He might have had last run-time slip.

super-sport-pete

PLEASE OBSERVE THE ANNUAL MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR THE DAY DOVER DRAGSTRIP CLOSED. THANK YOU.

dover1320

36 YEARS AND NOT FORGOTTEN

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.