Gramatan Dodge-1965

Forums Forums HISTORICAL DOVER PHOTO GALLERY Gramatan Dodge-1965

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Always liked “Can’t catch Gone”

gramdog1
        Participant

I don’t remember “Lets Went ” on Bobby’s car. Know it was on the J.B. car in ’64, not sure about ’65.
            Guess Maso wins the picture of himslf. 😀 😆

storm-king-2

Just re-reading some of these posts. Jay drove the 66/67 Dodge at Conn. Dragway one weekend in 68, in the heads up S/S show Frank Marrata was running. I went over to check on him after he had a convertor explode. He was lucky not to have lost a foot. Maybe that was his last run. I never saw him again.
                Bill

gramdog1
                Participant

According to Charlie Licata, Jay broke a driveshaft (in front of the loop) and it came through the floorboard and caught Jay on the side of the helmet.
                    Maybe Charlie can enlighten us.
                    Gdog.

larry-n
                    Participant

I touched based with Charlie Licata to get the real deal. The incident was in late 1967 at Connecticut Dragway and the trans tailshaft broke at the top end of the run. The tailshaft and driveshaft came through the floor and hit Jay in the side of the head but he managed to get the car stopped and then passed out. That was Jay’s last time driving the 66/67 Hemi and he decided then it was his last run. However he was asked to drive the Natick Dodge SS/BA car at the 1968 Springnationals at Englishtown and also occasionally drove Mark Jacob’s ’65 Dodge.
                        Larry Nutson

dino
                        Keymaster

That car had THE most radical Toe in on launch!

maso
                            Participant
                                quote Gramdog1:

I don’t remember “Lets Went ” on Bobby’s car. Know it was on the J.B. car in ’64, not sure about ’65.
                                Guess Maso wins the picture of himslf. 😀 😆

Larry Nutson and I both settled the controversy conserning the slogan “Let’s Went” being on the Gallaghar car not the Broderick car to the GramDog’s satisfaction.

I’m not trying to be a “smart-ass”… just keeping historic DDS details under control here. 🙄

maso
                                Participant

Okay…

My bad.

It seems that the “Let’s Went…” slogan appeared on both Gallaghar’s and Broderick’s cars and I didn’t know it. I was much more familliar with Bobby Gallaghar’s car than I was with Jay Brodericks.

Here’s the proof…

Apperantly… Bobby started that and Broderick liked it enough to keep it.

gramdog1
                                    Participant

Maso,checked all my pictures of Gallagher’s car—–can’t find any with lettering on decklid. 😕
                                        Dino,Broderiick’s car was lettered by Dick Adolfson. Does that ring any bells?

patina
                                        Participant

Wasn’t Brodwick the cop with LAPD that drove a stage 3 max wedge highway patrol car 🙄 🙄 🙄

On a serious note does Gramdog and Gramatan Dodge have anything to do with each other 😕 😕 😕

Pat

dino
                                            Keymaster

Broderick Crawford…Drove a Buick in ‘Highway Patrol” and this mopar(ilove this trivia stuff)

Attachments:

maso
                                                Participant
                                                    quote Gramdog1:

Maso,checked all my pictures of Gallagher’s car—–can’t find any with lettering on decklid. 😕
                                                    Dino,Broderiick’s car was lettered by Dick Adolfson. Does that ring any bells?

Dog…

As I remember, it was writen there in very small letters, only about an inch high on Bobby’s car, rear deck. I am damn sure of myself, or else I have lost my mind…!

bossguy

Yeah, Broderick Crawford! “2150 bye” I just learned that thats his plate number! Also his Buick is a Roadmaster (4 portholes on the fender as opposed to 3 on “lesser” Buicks. 2dr HT Too, wonder where that is now?

Pat, Gramdog was a wrench at Gramatan Dodge, brother Rick worked in parts, possible brother in law Tony was a wrench there also. I didn’t meet them till they were at White Plains Dodge and Charlie Castaldo had his shop around the corner from my parents house in Yonkers. My brother worked for Speed Casey at the Getty Station down the street.

gramdog1
                                                        Participant

Yes,Pat,Gramdog was part of Gramatan Dodge team. Brother Rick and Jay Broderick owned the car in ’64 &’65 and myself and Larry Nutson were crew members. Larry did the serious tuning.
                                                            Gramdog also refers to being an “OLD SOB”. 😀 😀

maso
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote Gramdog1:

Yes,Pat,Gramdog was part of Gramatan Dodge team… Gramdog also refers to being an “OLD SOB”. 😀 😀

You were also known as “The Swamp”…!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.