MAY 14 1961 THE HILLS OF WINGDALE CAME ALIVE

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION MAY 14 1961 THE HILLS OF WINGDALE CAME ALIVE

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY” DOVER DRAGSTRIP!!! And as Bob Hope always said….”THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES” !!!! 🙄 😀 Mr.Pete.

tomblake
        Participant

I remember where I was 56 years ago today.
            I can remember how exciting a day it was for this young kid going to the dragstrip for the very first time. Thanks to this site I can remember lots of the Sundays I spent at the Dover Dragstrip. 56 years sure has gone by very fast.

fastlane

About 2 Months Later In July 1961 Eddie Knight Is Top Eliminator On The 1946 Knucklehead Dragbike Talk About Vintage Bike !

rcgarren
                Participant

Another year passed, Dover would have been 57 on May 14th. I am so grateful for all those that are keeping the memory ALIVE. I get so much enjoyment looking at all the people cars, ( and dragsters ) and all the stories about Dover. If only there was this much excitement in 76 would the track have closed, open ended no answer question, I know. Here’s to Dover on its 57th BIRTHDAY .

dino
                    Keymaster

Roger Never forgets …Thanks man ..wow 57 !

rcgarren
                        Participant

It was 58 years ago today that the quiet little town of Wingdale came alive. Never had the town seen that much action and all the talk about the ROWDY drag racers, NOT one problem came about , unless you want to talk about traffic. In 15 years it would be no more.
                            We are loosing are members way too fast, just keep the memory’s.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.