Mike’s Competition Coupe/Sedan Anglia

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Mike’s Competition Coupe/Sedan Anglia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

Well Dino http://youtu.be/0sICVWwI3LE
        Pat Started this out But that link won’t work…[Dino-Edit}

dino
        Keymaster

Cool! Still A need a name ..”Chicken Coupe”.Looks like they forgot to mask the windshield when they painted it…Sure woud like an action shot.Quite the ‘Home built” ….like the expansion tank ,hanging out in the breeze and those crazy carbs!. Some set of fuel lines too. Wow …lets see if that passes tech now.Wonder if they had to open up that wheelwell after cutting down a slick?

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

did some digging…Found in Ralph Rands Collection the EXACT Chassis without the body at Dover ….The front suspension and Cage are the same car .Some upgrades in Engine and they fixed the one bar steering link.Same main rails and even spring perch.

Attachments:

patina
                Participant

Interesting Dino! Who’s is it?

Pat

tomatohead
                    Participant

……… ok Pat , … i guess maybe you are gonna tell us whats next 🙄 ❓ 😕 … looks like u got the shell , and how you found that , or who told you about it , I can only imagine ❓ ….do you have the chassis ❓ ….or is there a chassis ❓ ….. just tell us a little bit , 😉 …. please the suspence is killin us ❗ er … me 😀 ❗ ……….. and you know eye luv U , god bless ❗ …….an Dino , your funny 😀 , … “chickin’ ” coupe 😆

patina
                        Participant

Brother Mike has a nostalgia dragster frame he’s building and is putting a injected early Olds 394″ in it. The body is his.

Pat

babycakes
                            Participant

Pat,are you and Mike going to ‘modify’ that Anglia body to your likings,or leave it alone with the ‘2’ wheel wells ? Do you have,or have to find that ‘Olds’ power plant? Blown or injected (or both) ? Just curious ,as usual.Thanks….Pete.

dino
                                Keymaster
                                    quote patina:

Interesting Dino! Who’s is it?

Pat

Don’t know …only shot I found…maybe the Pre-64 contingent would know….about the time of 2nd-3rd blown Hellzapoppin-first Little Giant-Bad News. In the original uncropped shot..Art Arphons allison engined dragster is in the background.Most of Rands shots from 62-63.

patina
                                    Participant

Plans are to rebuild it to A & B car with a hilborn injected 394″ Olds and a glide. Brother Mike wants to run the car not just a static display. Chassis is all bent up ready to weld, motor sitting in frame, rear cut down ready to weld up. He has the hilborn injectors for it but we need to make adapter plates for the intake ports. Early Ford axle with hair pin radius rods. I was at Tom Dressels shop one day years ago because I was told his father had a Hilborn set-up on the shelf. I saw it but was told it wasn’t for sale (the hilborn) fast foward 2-3 years and I am looking for hilborn stuff to finish the MG (2009) stop in again at Toms he said he sold everything at Rhinebeck the year before ( Chevy and Olds injection) we get to talking and he shows me the Anglia out back on a scrap pile, says he’s going to sell it someday. FF again to this Sept. and I see a pic on HAMB of the A & B car and say to my self “there can’t be 2 of these things” went back and Tom still had it sitting exactly where it was years before. I made him an offer (more than the scrap price but less than dinner out for me and my wife). I stopped in 3 weeks later and he said OK.

Pat

tomatohead
                                        Participant

……………. Pat , ….. we understand 🙄 , …….. you really …. HAD TO WORK FOR IT 😡 ❗ and if you didnt keep stoppin on bye you would have MISSED OUT 😕 ❗ ….. I think its GREAT that you guys got IT ❗ 😀

patina
                                            Participant

Found this on HAMB the A&B car before it was called A&B.

Pat

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

A & B is for Ade & Bernie …”A & B Speed Shop” right on the nose.

Attachments:

patina
                                                    Participant

This is the same car that we got, anybody recognize it.

Pat

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

This is ’63 :

Attachments:

super-sport-pete

pat, you lucky guy. been looking at this a couple days, up in the attic in my “ARCHIVES”. if you don’t already know,this pic is 1962 INDY!. i have it in two books. NEED MORE INFO? it was b/comp runner up! now you have to be there for labor day.must be some 50th year deal. good luck with your project.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.