New Mainer Here[New MYSTERY WILLYS owners]

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls New Mainer Here[New MYSTERY WILLYS owners]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

See that “thing” taped to the Window?…Remember the previous BIG wheelstand shot? well Al liked it so much, Terry gave him a print and he stuck it on the window for all to see.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Think this is it Too …From Tink Schaefer Collection (ODF)

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Nice rear Detail:
                [ODF’s …These black & white shots are In Gallery 4 & 10- O’Shea collection]

Attachments:

me-gasser

Dino,
                    Thank you so much for posting these pictures for us. Their fantastic. We have had the car sitting in front of our garage all day with the willys sale and service sign in the background. I have tried to post pictures of the car on here but i can’t seem to do it. If you would like to give us your e-mail address i can send you some and you could post them on here for us.
                    Thanks
                    Wanda and larry

dino
                    Keymaster

Here’s how she was found in New Hampshire (not Maine)…Safely home in Maine now .Larry says its going to need a lot of work -body fairly sound ,no motor or trans…..More photos to follow

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Rescued and ‘home’at Wanda & Larrys

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Ah …nothing like a happy ending . . . . thats your new home ‘girl’

Attachments:

mikey

Man, is that thing really as rough as it looks, or worse. You guys have really got your work cut out for you ! Is that really the “Mystery” car, or just one that might be i? The wheels look period correct, or did you put them on for the pics? Were you able to locate a similar drivetrain like the car had, or is it too soon to worry about that? I am truly glad that my Willys is a fiberglass replica. Good luck with the project, and glad the car was “SAVED”. …………..Mikey 😆

patina
                                    Participant
                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

Think this is it Too …From Tink Schaefer Collection (ODF)

Dino if you look real close I think you will notice that the picture is of a P/U. See the rear window.

Pat

me-gasser

Mikey,
                                            It does look pretty bad but the steel shell has alot of surface rust but not much rust through. The tires and wheels were on the car as you can see in the picture that was posted where we found it. The front tires and wheels i believe are the same as when it was last raced. Yes it will be a big project but i’m going to just keep looking at it for awhile and collecting all the information about it that i can. When you see the pictures of the little truck that i built you won’t believe what we started with there. That cab was dragged out of the maine woods. NO floors, full of bullet holes and even the windshield posts had been crushed when someone wrapped a chain around them to move it. Anythings possible.
                                            Larry

dino
                                            Keymaster

I have those shots at Shop computer of his P.U. and Charlie Hill tribute car. Home know …tomorrow I’ll post…Pat YOUR Good! and correct.

bossguy

Congratulations Larry and Wanda, that car deserves much better than a field. I’m glad you got it.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

The Mystery Willys has to “share” the garage with Wanda& Larrys other toys:
                                                        …………Thats Porky himself,the first time He drove it…

Attachments:

anonymous

A bunch of us used to stop by Al’s garage in Bridgeport when he was building the Willys. What was amazing about these wheelstands is that this was only a 301 Chevy. I remember he had built a trick rear suspension with coil springs that had a threaded rod through the center allowing him to jack the weight from side to side.

me-gasser

Albaran,
                                                                That’s cool that you watched the car being built. We were wondering what it ran for a motor. That was the same thing with the original filthy forty. It also ran a small block and pork could put that thing right up on the rear bumper. The motor that we have in our willys truck is a 283 bored out to a 301. We left a message with al lastnight but so far we haven’t heard back from him. We are looking forward to talking with him about the car.
                                                                Wanda

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.