New Mainer Here[New MYSTERY WILLYS owners]

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls New Mainer Here[New MYSTERY WILLYS owners]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    super-sport-pete

DINO, the Tink Shaffer pic looks like a pickup to me. firewall is different also. so who belongs to this one? i think you need to start a WILLYS section.i am amazed that car is in that good shape sitting in new england. did anyone ask AL if he wanted it?

me-gasser

My husband and i talked with al for over an hour on the phone lastnight. It’s too big of an under taking for him. He said that those years are long over. We will keep him informed of our progress on the car and plan on visiting with him to get more information on it before we start to work on it.
            Wanda

dino
            Keymaster
                quote SUPER SPORT PETE:

DINO, the Tink Shaffer pic looks like a pickup to me. firewall is different also. so who belongs to this one? i think you need to start a WILLYS section.i am amazed that car is in that good shape sitting in new england. did anyone ask AL if he wanted it?

………..You Got It Pete …I’m Renaming a current Topic to Just That

dino
                Keymaster

Mike Carroll will be in contact with the new owners …I hooked them Up. Mike was like the Mstery Willys ‘crew chief ‘ .

digger

not only was that car real nice in it,s hayday but the owner al was one of the nicest guys i ever met he made parts for morroso during the same time i worked for dick in the greenwich store

dino
                        Keymaster

Wanda ! Whats the latest Are you Bringing your “Fleet” to Island …Whatever condition the Mystery Willys is in ….I’m sure the guys would love to see it on display ! .

me-gasser

Dino,
                                I’m sorry that we didn’t get back to you about this sooner but we have been on tour with the S&S Race Team this summer. We were doing the tribute tour for pork zartman who we lost in March. We haven’t done much with the car because we haven’t had time. At least it’s under cover and dry.
                                Wanda

dino
                                Keymaster

Missed you guys at our Nostalgia Drags….Plan on next year for Sure…bring the whole FLEET!

dino
                                    Keymaster

Wanda…Thought You’de like THIS:

Attachments:

me-gasser

Hi everyone,
                                            I didn’t realize that it had been so long since i had posted on here. I really enjoyed reading back through this thread. We still have the mystery willys. A few people were interested in it but nothing came of it. My husband decided to take the car apart and start working on it. It’s frame off right now. The paint has been all striped and we are looking into having it blasted with baking soda. We still don’t know what the future holds for it but my husband will be working on it this winter. Who knows you might see it at the reunion next year.
                                            Wanda

dino
                                            Keymaster

Missed you guys at the 3rd Nostalgia Drags at Lebanon…Reunion was Today in Gaylordsville. We’ll be back to Lebanon,hopfully the same third weekend in Sept. Bigger -better Car Show with a organized redesigned Dover Original display this time .Got plenty of time to get ready. Maybe race one of your other toys ! Don’t be a stranger…guys all over the country like to hear the progress .

dino
                                                Keymaster

Found this at the Hamb:

“Just wanted to update everyone with a report on the Mystery Willys. We tried to sell this car hoping that someone would buy it and restore it as “The Mystery Willys” We had a few tire kickers but no real interest. I have decided not to restore the car as raced. I am building another all steel coupe. I’m keeping all the fiberglass components that were original to the car and leaving the chasis with it’s unique suspension intact. These pieces will be kept in storage. As for the project we will post pictures of what i have done so far.”

THEY POSTED THIS Reply around JAN.
                                                    Click Here for the Latest Post (Pg 17) and work “Backword” to see their Build on It.;
                                                    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480358&page=17

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Dino,thanks for the update on the “Mystery Willys’.Sorry to hear it’s not going to be a restored original,like the way Al Deangeles had it; but at least it’s gonna be ‘Saved”! As a “WILLYS” lover,it makes me a ‘happy-camper’; would be nice to see it when it’s done!

me-gasser

Just a little update on the Mystery Willys. She is back together. Still have a lot to do but she has come a long way.
                                                            http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg87/blown392/007_zps5431f344.jpg

babycakes
                                                            Participant

THANK YOU for the updated photo of the “Mystery Willys”, I said from the begining ‘Mission Impossible’! And you did it!!! 😮 . Your craftsmanship and hard work, certainly reflects on how ‘BEAUTIFUL’ the restoration came out! CONGRATULATIONS on an outstanding job!!! 😉 Pete.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.