NOSTALGIA DRAG BIKE CLASS ‘re-invented’

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 9th ANNUAL DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2017 NOSTALGIA DRAG BIKE CLASS ‘re-invented’

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

You want that oil ????
        ‘V’

fastlane

Sorry V-Bob I Can’t Use It Has Differant Properties Then There 4 Stroke 20/50w Synthetic Motorcycle Oil 🙁

kman
            Participant

Fastlane… check out “Dover at the Valley 2017” by the Kman for more pics …

fastlane

Yeah Baby I Am DIGGING UM 4 Sure Nice jOB 😎 Thanks For The Memorys 😉

fastlane

I have to say i am very disappointed about the 2018 decision to chop out the dragbike class and also sorry we were not givin the chance to complete the 8 bike field i promised with only 5 of 6 that were there just because a few other guys did not or could not make in time for the show back in september. but chopping the class away from a handful of true nostalgic dragbikes that go thru the program really fast is still a big shock to myself and my fellow dragbike racers who made the effort to come and race this year. i went and spent / it cost me $240.00 bucks to go get a new 2 year NHRA membership and there required 9.99 and quicker license then pay another $60.00 bucks to lebanon valley do my test at this same very dragstrip back in may and try to bring more quality machines to this years event with massive phone calls and e mails and from my own personal facebook page. All i can say right now after going faithfully to at least 7 out of the 9 years in total of this dover dragstrip nostalgia event even without a full field since it’s inception back in 2009 is WOW ARE WE REALLY GETTING THE BOOT ! 😳

john-sachs-sr
                        Participant
                            quote fastlane:

I have to say i am very disappointed about the 2018 decision to chop out the dragbike class and also sorry we were not givin the chance to complete the 8 bike field i promised with only 5 of 6 that were there just because a few other guys did not or could not make in time for the show back in september. but chopping the class away from a handful of true nostalgic dragbikes that go thru the program really fast is still a big shock to myself and my fellow dragbike racers who made the effort to come and race this year. i went and spent / it cost me $240.00 bucks to go get a new 2 year NHRA membership and there required 9.99 and quicker license then pay another $60.00 bucks to lebanon valley do my test at this same very dragstrip back in may and try to bring more quality machines to this years event with massive phone calls and e mails and from my own personal facebook page. i all i can say after going to 7 out of the 9 years of this dover dragstrip nostalgia event is WOW ARE WE REALLY GETTING THE BOOT ! 😳

WOW !!!!!!!!! 🙁 🙁 🙁

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

I say keep the bikes! Dover hadem back in the day so keep the bike class in !They dont take up any room ,the class goes fast and they make clean quick runs !
                                They show young people that bikes, NOT SLEDS were part of the Sunday afternoon show at Dover!
                                ‘V’

Attachments:

fastlane

Thanks For The Support Guys John & V-Bob Yes There Needs To Be A Hardline Look At Where The Real Problem Lies / There Are Way Too Many Car Entrys In The First 2 Especially Outer Lanes Classes That Could Or Should Have Been Limited To 16 Or Maybe a Maximum 32 Car Field Each Because Of Time Constraints Which I Know Are / Were A Big Part Of This Decision Dino And Wayne HAD TO MAKE. But Having Quanity Over Quality A Priority I Believe Will Truly HURT This Great Dover Nostalgia Drag Event Over The Long Haul. Smaller Fields WILL Help Get The Event Finished Faster If This Is There Main Concern And Elminating The Comp & Dragbike Class Would Never And Should Never Have Been The First Ones To Be Chopped / Eliminated From The Event. Mark My Words People Will Take Notice If This Happens It Maybe Be The Death Null Over The Next 2 Seasons For The Dover Drags Just My 2 Cents. Again Variety A Quality Show Over Quanity Will Win Out Everytime 😀

dino
                                    Keymaster

Figured you guys would give Your “2 Cents” …But A lot of what has been remarked has nothing to do with what REALLY goes on and . Everybody thinks they have the greatest solution to things without knowing the facts,.Statements like ” Quanity Over Quality A Priority I Believe Will Truly HURT This Great Dover Nostalgia Drag Event Over The Long Haul” is Backwords.The cost of Racing is part of Racing and has nothing to do with our event. Everybody has to . This Is interesting : “All i can say right now after going faithfully to at least 7 out of the 9 years in total of this dover dragstrip nostalgia event even without a full field since it’s inception back in 2009” …please notice “WITHOUT A FULL FIELD”…Some years only 2 or3 entries . EIGHT entries is our bottom line minimum. Or its not warrented as an Eliminator. This year some bikes never even came back for second round. & ..left ? And A ‘Bunch” of other stuff went on,that I choose not to get into and open up another bag of worms . I AM open to have 2-4-6 Bikes In an Exhibition Setting …Two full bore rounds with Gas money & Free entry. Can’t Do much better than that . Someone be the group leader and get it together….present me with a written ‘proposal-contract” with names & phone numbers. For three years we were promised up to 16 bikes or more …from ‘promoters’-associations and others from a number of states as far as Ohio. Did a lot of phone calls & time that never materialized .ALL no Show. Can we realize the realty of ‘There just aren’t enough “. I Said :” If you have a problem with this …Call me …this is not The Place to bitch & moan. 5 or 6 entries does not warrant its own eliminator.”…..But NO CAllS since tuesday. But ya did it anyway….except one Facebook message ….then all this. Don’t see any ‘Comp.Guys” in disagreement. Oh…You also didn’t notice that the Fast Starter ,who has health problems…was not there and Staging by his ‘fill-in’ AND entries both contributed to slow rounds.

fastlane
                                            quote DINO:

Figured you guys would give Your “2 Cents” …But A lot of what has been remarked has nothing to do with what REALLY goes on and . Everybody thinks they have the greatest solution to things without knowing the facts,.Statements like ” Quanity Over Quality A Priority I Believe Will Truly HURT This Great Dover Nostalgia Drag Event Over The Long Haul” is Backwords.The cost of Racing is part of Racing and has nothing to do with our event. Everybody has to . This Is interesting : “All i can say right now after going faithfully to at least 7 out of the 9 years in total of this dover dragstrip nostalgia event even without a full field since it’s inception back in 2009” …please notice “WITHOUT A FULL FIELD”…Some years only 2 or3 entries . EIGHT entries is our bottom line minimum. Or its not warrented as an Eliminator. This year some bikes never even came back for second round. & ..left ? And A ‘Bunch” of other stuff went on,that I choose not to get into and open up another bag of worms . I AM open to have 2-4-6 Bikes In an Exhibition Setting …Two full bore rounds with Gas money & Free entry. Can’t Do much better than that . Someone be the group leader and get it together. For three years we were promised up to 16 bikes or more …from ‘promoters’-associations and others from a number of states as far as Ohio. Did a lot of phone calls & time that never materialized .ALL no Show. Can we realize the realty of ‘There just aren’t enough “. I Said :” If you have a problem with this …Call me …this is not The Place to bitch & moan. 5 or 6 entries does not warrant its own eliminator.”…..But NO CAllS since tuesday. But ya do it anyway….except one Facebook message ….then all this. Don’t see any ‘Comp.Guys” in disagreement.

THANKS DINO. I AM ALWAYS WILLING TO WORK SOMETHING OUT WITH YOU SO WE CAN STILL PROVIDE A 2 WHEEL SPECTACULAR SHOW AT THE DOVER EVENT WE STILL GOT ANOTHER WHOLE YEAR TO DO THIS THANK YOU FOR HEARING US OUT. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IT HURT ME PERSONALLY PRETTY BAD AND WAS A GREAT SHOCK AFTER STAYING ON COURSE FOR MANY YEARS BEING DEDICATED TO THE DOVER NOSTALGIA DRAGSTRIP DRAGRACE & CAUSE 😎

dino
                                            Keymaster

You Should have been hurt As I was with guys that promised You And me ,and never followed through on their committment. Hey …I had a couple of years of this with the Funny Cars until I took the bull by the horns and set it all up By misself communicating directly with each owner. You Saw what that did with the Gassers And Altereds this year.I even had ‘alternets’ in place for a seamless show. Go back and read my last post…I added some stuff. And yes …Got Plenty of Time to Get a “REAL BIKE SHOW” together…and not rely on who ‘might show’ to “enter” …

fastlane
                                                    quote DINO:

You Should have been hurt As I was with guys that promised You And me ,and never followed through on their committment. Hey …I had a couple of years of this with the Funny Cars until I took the bull by the horns and set it all up By misself communicating directly with each owner. You Saw what that did with the Gassers And Altereds this year.I even had ‘alternets’ in place for a seamless show. Go back and read my last post…I added some stuff. And yes …Got Plenty of Time to Get a “REAL BIKE SHOW” together…and not rely on who ‘might show’ to “enter” …

Yes its still your show / call and great advice on the reliant part of too many racers bullshit as your are correct in stating has really truly hurt us all. i hear ya brother thanks again dino 😀 please stay well & stay in touch i will call you in the future to discuss the plan with da man YOU ! 😎

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.