Other Storm King’s

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Other Storm King’s

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    paul-ceasrine

Bill,
        Thats flying with the Max-Wedge, for the minimal tricks performed on the car. Not too many guys played with the internals of the engine back then. If you popped in a nice cam
        (Crower/Racer Brown/Isky) and did a competetition valve job, then you qualified as a
        Top Notch Engine Man.
        As for Doc’s 64′. Many moons ago (1976 or so) my friend and I tracked down a 64′ Plymouth
        Satellite (dark blue) 426 Street-Wedge, w/automatic trans, off Route 82, in Clove Branch, about 15 miles or so from the track. If I remember correctly the owner raced at Dover in those days. The car had a couple (maybe 3) 64′ class winner stickers on the window ❓
        Must have ran in A/SA. I think he said it ran 14.50”s or so. Anyway, my friend bought the
        and restored it, and as usual, after he finished it, he sold it. The car had 3.55 gears in it.
        So I’m guessing, that Doc must have had at least 3.91’s, or maybe those dealer installed
        (Glean Chrysler-Plymouth) 4.10’s.
        Early history records show Doc running 14.00’s. Probably right at 100 MPH 😀

Paul

dino
        Keymaster

ARGH 👿 …..Who’de you ‘Friend” sell it to ? and can we ‘track it down’ if some dummy scrapped off the win stickers …he goes to the corner for a “time-out” …..AND NO COOKIES !

storm-king

That is a GREAT picture of Doc and his ’64. Thanks very much for posting!

dino
                Keymaster

MORE From Matt Spiedel’s Private Never seen photo album of his Dads… NOW in the ODF Galleries ( Historic shots of the Grump IN CARL’S Garage ).

paul-ceasrine

Dino,

Your right. NO COOKIES 😥
                        Unfortunately my friend Neil, sold the car to a kid in Shrub Oak, who sold the car to a kid, who sold the car to a guy, and so on. Must have ended up in a Peekskill Auto Wrecker yard, like our/my “Shadow” 68′ Cuda did. Along with all those Dover stickers 😳
                        A small world, I talked to my friend Neil two nights ago, and he just recently sold a front-end axle unit to “Tiny” Eglit 😯 He said “Tiny” showed him his Funny Car in the garage 😀
                        Anyway, back to the 64′, he bought it for $250, in 76′, probably right after Dover closed.
                        Found it in the Pennysaver, the add probably said 1964 Plymouth Satellite, 426 cubic inches.
                        Had every crazy nut in the area with a Pennysaver calling them. Story goes, he beat
                        Lou Vignogna to the car. True Story. The car had the original full-wheel hub caps, and a
                        factory installed mechanical cable-drive tach (very rare for a street-wedge). And of course, the typewritter push-button shift selector 😀

Wonder where Doc’s street-wedge ended up.
                        Now if Bobby Schlegel reads this, you must send me a private message. My friend Neil
                        told me where he thinks your old rail is 😮

Paul

dino
                        Keymaster

Storm…Find any ‘other’ photos?

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.