PATINA’S ’57 & Life of Cars

Forums Forums Original DOVER RACERS "BIO’s" PATINA’S ’57 & Life of Cars

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

OKAY first to post. Back in the olden days 😉 Here is my first 57 if you look real close at the engine compartment you might see the spark plug wires going into the front of what looks like a vertex magneto thats because it is. 283w fuelie flat tappet cam, T-10 4 speed and 4:88 never ran at track but would just nose out (car length) a 69 GTO base motor and auto convertable. Sold it when I got drafted in 69.

Attachments:

patina
        Participant

Before the 57 was this cherry 🙄 🙄 56 Chevy Nomad. Actually my first car on the road May 1967 two pictures are at NY national speedway. Junked this one shortly after these pictures and got the 57. Now that I look at the pictures I see “Gypsy” a 37/38 Chevy Gasser in the back ground I think they flipped this that day.

Pat

Attachments:

patina
            Participant

After the Nomad and while I had the 57 I built my first MG, Ray Kobel did ll the hard work, wound up selling it “back to Dave Daly” for the magneto, T-10 4speed and a set of Mondello fuelie heads which I sold. The other stuff found its way into the 57.

Pat

Attachments:

patina
                Participant

After a short tour of duty in a South East Asian Paradise I bought this from my friend Dave Daly, you remember Dave he owned and drove “Baby Torque”, I bought my first MG from him, sold it back to him, then after Vietnam bought this 36 Willys P/U. It was sent back to NY by Ray Kobel who lived in California at the time and was buying up every Willys they could find. When it got to NY Willie the Welder worked his magic on it. An original 283/270hp T-10 4spd and the narrowed 59 Chevy rear out of the MG they finally put the Olds/Pont. rear in. I got the car after Willie changed the 4speed for a turbo 400 for me. It was just a week old when I crashed it into the marina across the street from Shea stadium. I hit a famous NY pot hole and a break line broke. I have “Never” ran a single master cylinder since. That was in Nov of 69.

Attachments:

digger

nice cars

patina
                        Participant

Now the time is !970 and I went through a few cars in a few months. Still had the 36 Willys P/U and went looking for a new car, the VA said I was eligible for a grant for adaptive equipment in a car so armed with $2400. I looked at a 1970 Yenko Duece at my local Chevy dealer it was $4200 I didn’t have the money so I knew a used car dealers son that had this 68 corvette 427/390hp turbo 400 roadster with 2 tops, the price, $2000. so it virtually didn’t cost me anything. I can’t stand silver cars so I had it painted black. Around August 1971 I sold the corvette to put a down payment on a house. I got married in September of that year. I gotta look at these pictures carefully. In one picture Brother Mike is polishing the car, some things never change 😆

Pat

Attachments:

patina
                            Participant

My first new car, I ordered a 72 Nova 350 w/ 350 turbohydro and posi rear. In the background is the house I bought with the Corvette money in E.Northport LI NY

Pat

Attachments:

patina
                                Participant

Somewhere around 72 I had already sold the 36 Willys P/U and bought a steel 40 Willys coupe and a 55/56 Thunderbird race car from John Fabella of Corona NY. John, the Wilko Bros. and Ronnie Famigletti where all friends and the T-bird raced at Dover with a home made Hilborn styled injection on a nail head buick. The nail head buick now with a 6-71 blower and a new 2 port hilborn was sitting in the coupe. I sold the T-bird and unfourtunately never took a picture of it.
                                    I designed my own disk brake set-up to go on the chrome Willys axle.

Pat

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                    Participant

……. Pat love the pictures ❗ 😀 …your new name is “HOT ROD JOE” ❗

babycakes
                                        Participant

Hey Pat,question, where did your yellow 40 Willys coupe (like Ray’s C/G) wound up? Just think what it be worth ($$$) nowadays.

patina
                                            Participant

It became this 😮 Tom Goldman has it and was running S/G up untill a few years ago. He now runs a 59 Corvette in the class and the Willys is in his garage. He goes to Lebenon Valley every year to the Div. 1 points meet around the 4th of July.

Pat

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

Well, tell old Tom to bring that Bad Boy to the Nostalgia Drags …At least to show.

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY

Pat,always been a BIG FAN of Toms cars!!
                                                        From up in the attic!!
                                                        ‘V’

Attachments:

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY
                                                            Pat, was this one yours???
                                                            I took the pic at The Valley back ????
                                                            ‘V’

Attachments:

mikey

V-Bob, that’s a 41, and I think Pats was a 40. Am I correct here Pat?? 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.