PATINA’S ’57 & Life of Cars

Forums Forums Original DOVER RACERS "BIO’s" PATINA’S ’57 & Life of Cars

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

VB my car never made it to the Valley. I delivered it to Total Performance in CT Jerry bought it sort of sight unseen although he did see it at all the Northeast shows I went to. When I drove into his shop and he looked at the car he said “Pat I didn’t know it had A/C” then he looks underneath and didn’t realize it had disk brakes. Total was building an A roadster for a customer but he wanted a car NOW so they bought mine (his money I guess) and the car went to PA. They put cragar mags all around and it was pinstripped. Then it wound up in a shop called Vintage Tin or something, seems they chopped the top and then ran into some sort of tax problems. Tom got it sometime after that and had to unchop and rechop the roof. The car is famous for running an American Motors engine but parts got to be to expensive and he switched to a BB Chevy.

Pat

patina
        Participant
            quote mikey:

V-Bob, that’s a 41, and I think Pats was a 40. Am I correct here Pat?? 😆

Rightie O Mikey

babycakes
            Participant

Mikey.a quick glance at V-Bob’s photo of that yellow Willys (which isn’t Pats) I don’t believe is a ’41’.The ’41’ Willys had the wipers below the windshield;37 to 40 had them above,remember?

babycakes
                Participant

Pat,putting my 2 cents in,everybody has there own opinions,and I ‘respect’ that;my thoughts I wish the Willys stayed the ‘same’ way when you owned it,the ‘real’ gasser look,unfortunately,time goes forward and with time comes changes whether we like them or not.Anyhow,I’m sure it was a ‘sweet’ ride.

patina
                    Participant

Pete another beautiful car that went the chopped top route.

Pat

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

this isn’t Pats ’57 …Its a Life story! gotta write a book. How ’bout the rest of you…in the past we’ve gotton glimpes of your stories -cars …in New Guys, or if it related to another subject. Let it rip here ( Make new Topic) ….ALSO will make great research for the “BIG VIDEO” —Yes that is in the works….more when I can.

babycakes
                            Participant

Hey Pat,you got the ole heart pumping seeing these ‘Willys’.I’m probably 100% wrong,but this chop-top Willys looks identical to Tommy Shinholster’s Willys CC/GS circa ’68’ from Florida;it was green in color.I believe he won the Nationals in his class in the late 60’s early 70’s.I favor (this is me ) the 33 to 36 Willys coupes with a chop-top rather than the 37 to 42’s.Pat thanks and keep em coming!

dino
                                Keymaster

Pat sent this for me to post…Whats the story on it Pat?

Attachments:

mikey

That is a true Willy’s Gasser. Beautiful car!! I can only wish that mine looked that good. very, very nice. ……..Mikey 😆

patina
                                        Participant
                                            quote Babycakes:

Hey Pat,you got the ole heart pumping seeing these ‘Willys’.I’m probably 100% wrong,but this chop-top Willys looks identical to Tommy Shinholster’s Willys CC/GS circa ’68’ from Florida;it was green in color.I believe he won the Nationals in his class in the late 60’s early 70’s.I favor (this is me ) the 33 to 36 Willys coupes with a chop-top rather than the 37 to 42’s.Pat thanks and keep em coming!

You are right (100% wrong) Jim’s and Tommy’s are two different cars although look similar. And Dino thats the car before the chopped top.

Pat

babycakes
                                            Participant

Hey Pat,it’s been quite a few years since I seen Jim Rhea’s BB/GS.I believe he was a postman in MD.Mikey’s 100% right,this was one ‘BEAUTIFUL’ looking Willys gasser!I rest my case.

patina
                                                Participant

I just sent an e-mail to some one whose grandfather owned a Willys I had pictures of. Anyway I sent him two pictures of the MGand without really thinking about it sent him these two. Island 1964 and 2010. Pretty cool huh 😎 😎

Pat

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                    Participant

Hey Pat, How’s things going? Rox just left. We had some pizza and cool ones.
                                                        I met Tom Goldman and his lady last year at the Englishtown SuperNationals,
                                                        really nice people ! I tried to con the willys out of him, but he said he was hanging
                                                        on to it for his retirement fund. 🙂 He does pretty good with the “60 Corvette
                                                        Super/Gasser. He went like 5 rounds at the SuperNationals and he won Super/Gas
                                                        at the Dutch Classic last Oct. Hope all is well with you and probably see ya at Big Al’s
                                                        in a couple weeks. 🙂

Frank…………..

don-kauer

Wow Pat….All this time I thought you were an Import racer 😆 😆 😆 ….That’s what all the Northern Italians run..Right?.. 😆 😆 😆 …..See you and brother Mike at Big Al’s……………….Don…….

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Import from the right side of the world….Merry old England….”Morris Garage”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.