PATSY JUDSON CHECKS IN ( HER CAR FOUND)

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? PATSY JUDSON CHECKS IN ( HER CAR FOUND)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Just got a call from Patsy (‘Miss 4-speed)’ Judson. Shes alive and well & still living in Wingdale! Brian had spoken to her in the past but she said she picked up a flyer in the local grocery store ,and decided to call…..We all know Patsy…the girl that threw the mean shifts in her black ’66 Dodge Hemi GTX Coronet. Al taught her how to leave on the last yellow and she never fouled once ! She did beat a lot of guys on the starting line. Seems her E/S ’64 Chevy Impala Convertable could get all the way to the trophy run ,but always got beat…..SO she asked ol’ Doc Burgess what would win , and he said get a Hemi ! She ran from ’65 to ’67 and then got married. But the story HOW she ended up at Dover is kind funny. Seems she heard “Soupy Sales” -the TV kid’s star was going to be at the track. She and her girl-friend went ,but found out It was the “Soupy Sales “dragster. So what the heck…we’re here ,run the Chevy. That did it…she got the “speed-bug” and came back every week. By the way ,her real name is Cynthia…dad called her “Patsy” and it stuck. We’ll remember her as one of the most successful Girl Drivers at Dover…. “Miss 4-Speed” !….Oh , she’s sending some photos from her private scrap-book.

dino
        Keymaster

Heres The Girl And Her Cars ! from her personal Photo Album !

Attachments:

maso
            Participant

I love the “Ronettes” hair do… 😀

billy-casey

WOW … my kind of woman… Patsy , can you cook 😆 😆 😆 Billy

maso
                    Participant
                        quote Billy Casey:

WOW … my kind of woman… Patsy , can you cook 😆 😆 😆 Billy

Don’t talk to him Patsy… he don’t love you like I do…!!!

bossguy

It must be Love, niether one asked if she still has ths Hemi 😆 😆 😆

dino
                            Keymaster

this will get ’em…Brian says she looks the same ! those photos are FROM THE SIXTIES …add 43 years 😮 you guys looked in a mirror latley ?

maso
                                Participant
                                    dino
                                    Keymaster

Patsy was a Joy to see again at Dover Fest 2 (march 20-2010). Her stories of beating the Boys with hole shots ( taught to her by Al) and shifting the four speed ,brought a gleam in her eye. Still in Wingdale and wishing she never sold the Hemi…………….And She LOOKS Great !

bossguy

So wheres her current pic from Dover Fest? I probably saw her without realizing who she was.

paul-ceasrine

Am I allowed to post a nice story about Patsy Judson, and the 66′ Hemi Coronet?
                                                Paul

dino
                                                Keymaster

Sure…heres around ’66=’67 Tony CerUlli wins ‘Super” with ‘ Disturbed ‘ Buick powered Griffith….and theres Patsy.

Attachments:

maso
                                                    Participant

paul-ceasrine

DINO,
                                                            Nice little story. (Part I)
                                                            Year, early 1972.
                                                            Someone at Meadowland Chrysler-Plymouth (Carmel) tells my father about a Hemi car,
                                                            located around Patterson/Pawling area. We decided to go look for it, and end up driving up and down every damn street and neighborhood in the area, for about a week. No Luck.
                                                            My father figured it was just another Hemi Tall-Tale, and dismissed it.
                                                            I kept digging, and I don’t know who or how, but the name Patsy came up.
                                                            I figured that Hemi + Patsy = A Guy. I ended up searching, but again no luck. Nobody knew of a guy with Hemi in that area, that was raced at Dover. Other than ‘Doc Burgess’

One day, for some reason, I end up in ‘Karen’s Lucheonette’, Route 22, Patterson, with my friend Mike Creszenzo. We were looking for old Dodge’s on some farm in Patterson, and stopped at Karen’s (a favorite of drag racers on Sunday morning, heading to Dover).
                                                            While we we their, I over-heard someone say the name Patsy. I jumped, and asked them if they new Patsy, and where did ‘HE’ live. They told me somewhere in Dover Plains, but didn’t mention that Patsy was a man or woman. I ended up driving to Dover Plains with my friend Mike (he drove, I was only 15) and we started driving through all the side streets, off the right side of Route 22, north of the intersection (Route 22 and Pleasant Ridge Road).

We start going through this small ‘cookie-cutter’ type neighborhood, the short roads were ‘maze-like’, all blending into each other. After about a dozen or so turns, we figured, no way, not in this neighborhood. But as we proceeded, and made another couple of turns
                                                            ‘THERE IT WAS’ (with my heart jumping out of my chest), parked ‘nose first’ , in a small
                                                            2-car driveway, with the back-end facing us, a black 1966 Dodge Coronet 500.
                                                            I jumped out of Mike’s car, and ‘praying’, I ran up to the side of the Coronet, and there it
                                                            was, on the fender, an emblem that said ‘426 HEMI”. I think I died twice, right there.
                                                            Paul (Part I)

maso
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote bossguy:

So wheres her current pic from Dover Fest? I probably saw her without realizing who she was.

Go see the Casey Brother’s Video at: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1955 and see her there at 14.47 on the time dial.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.