Planning- Notes -Comments -Chat

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 3rd Annual Dover Drag Strip NOSTALGIA DRAGS -2 0 1 1 Planning- Notes -Comments -Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

already on it…with the two successes of our Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags, Expect Bigger-Better next year. Watch this Topic and see the progress….we have some BIG SURPRISES being discussed….Oh Yeah …”if you can dream it -you can do it” 😎

dino
        Keymaster

On the phones ALL day…just couldn’t wait to start the groundwork…. Influential guys on the other end.TOP SECRET STUFF…I can say this :

Attendance and Entries should QUADRUPAL!
            A PARTICULAR RULE BOOK IS IN THE MAIL
            IT WILL BE TWO DAYS… as of now
            IT WILL PROBABLY HAVE A CAR SHOW
            Outline and NEW FORMAT proposal to be drawn up with in 2-3 days

………………Don’t assume or figure anything until much planning is finished -AND OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT IS MADE ….I don’t know yet either!. BUT —as concieved in my mind now …It’s Gonna be AWESOME!

mikey

Dino, just my humble opinion, but at least a two day affair. Maybe even a “Pre-Register and pay up front” type of deal, and make the “Pre” guys price like Ten bucks cheaper per day than at the track purchase. Just a thought. ……Mikey 😆

dino
                Keymaster

Oh -We got so many ideas ,talking to some real ‘principles’ in the Nostalgia racing world, that it will take a few days-no weeks to sort out and devise “THE PERFECT” show ‘all wrapped’ up in one….your idea is one of them ,but you ain’t seen nothing yet !
                    already said: “IT WILL BE TWO DAYS… as of now” . . . .for all the rest of the goodies -realize I’m WAY ahead of Anybody planning their 2011 schedule ….and so many things have to be firmed up .Most I talk to find it too premature BUT also like that we’re talkng now. So…. ‘Loose lips sink ships’ ….Guys on forum will be first to know .I’m going to the Henderson Drag Times Hall of Fame Deal for the First time…just up the road from Raleigh, N.C. …any N.C. guys lets attack in force !
                    maybe I can get Drake, Roger,Fred and even Tony Mone to be my ‘posse’….lots of key people in one spot at one time -should be very interesting to report my findings.What’ll they see my tie-dyed “Official” shirt !

don-kauer

🙂 Sounds like a Dover/ NETO weekend partnership at The Valley…… 😎 ……..Not a bad 💡

dino
                        Keymaster
                            quote donkauer:

🙂 Sounds like a Dover/ NETO weekend partnership at The Valley…… 😎 ……..Not a bad 💡

Don’t jump the gun…You can all think what ya want… dosen’t mean anything …… Guess all you want . If I could get a paver to ‘donate’ asphalt – it would be in Wingdale 😆 then it could be the main entrance street to future housing developement. 😉 or maybe Consumer Reports at the old Conn site might be ‘agreeable …..or They run some pretty decent shows at New England…got a great Nostalga group up there -check out what they did last week,.Oh – Don’t count out Island, could change ‘overnight’ to an upgraded faciltiy or whatever they have yet to announce.That Track has been our Nostalgia Drags ‘Home” for two years. We work way too well – Tony and Melissa have been more than cooperative and our two races ,couldn’t have gone off so well, without their fantastic support.Ask anyone thats been there for both races.That Family just had a major change with the passing of Kate. So think all ya want. I have numerous choices to sort and way too many dots to connect. Don’t red-light by Jumping the gun . Come to think of it “Jumping the gun” was a phrase -I guess in horse racing that is just like fouling. No foul here ! sound planning .I have a ‘Concept’ that IS NOT reality yet. All I know if this “concept”comes together….we’re going to need a lot more Help ,just to park cars ! Like I tell my kid…It will be worth the wait.

dino
                            Keymaster

More Goodies came in the mail …. Have a number of people that are slow replying or calling back. the data is building. FYI….this is typical, especially since so advanced in planning .Most just push it aside to the ‘Nevermind pile” But like Brian….I’m persistant. As with a lot I talk to, they say “Hey-Were still running This years Schedule, a little early ,isn’t it?” (Racing Assoc.s & Clubs)…..NO,(to Me).

super-sport-pete

dino,A+ for the drags. don posted lvd. they had a NETO sat. would have been nice to see all the cars together at one time.was lvd ever asked to do the race? its IN NY,they have stuff like this regularly,and most of the dover racers live closer. how about an online poll? not looking to make changes,just a fair assesment.how many dover guys race NETO?

dino
                                    Keymaster

Actually Neto was Sun. -Mopar group Sat. No Poll…That would get Totally out of hand….BUT How Many Dover guys race Neto, interesting .Know most already .Of Note: There’s SO many groups to contact …for example “Verminator” was with us on Sat. But Didn’t run Sun. with NETO .He went with East Coast Gassers to an 1/8 mile track in Penn. And other guys were up at New England Dragway with That group. Other guys had wife say ‘One Day Only” and came Sun. to us. Remember the talk of an East Coast Nostalgia Assoc. of All ? …thats also being discussed with Racers Reunion people and Best Of Times And More. See …lot of ‘negotiations ” going on.

dino
                                        Keymaster

I should have a Major Announcement ,as early as next week. A few more replys to still come in . And more Ideas are being implimented…the 3rd Annual will be sure, to top all previous.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Just To keep you posted …We’re contacting some selected Car Clubs to Run a Real Car Show .Special section for pre ’76 RACE CARS in Any state of completion And DOVER CAR Catagory…as originally intended. Not fooling around this time -full blown Show With Swap Meet for private used parts sales And Commercial vendors ….SO IF you’re a Vendor Or Know one …contact me for details.

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

Dino, Is this car show going to be limited to race cars only ??
                                                    Frank…

mikey

Hey Dino, maybe we could do a mini Dover deal at Bradenton here in Florida. We race all year down here. Nice old track, used to be Desoto Speedway, still has the sign out front. …………..Mikey 😆

dino
                                                        Keymaster
                                                            quote Frank J. Majauskas:

Dino, Is this car show going to be limited to race cars only ??
                                                            Frank…

Hecjk No!….Street Rods -50’s Customs – Rat Rods -Swingin Sixties Muscle Cars- Original/restored….just put a year Cap on it to keep it “period” and probably no imports-4×4…stiff like that .Regular Rod & Custom deal

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

HEY !! NOW YOU’RE TALKING !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
                                                                Frank…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.