Planning- Notes -Comments -Chat

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 3rd Annual Dover Drag Strip NOSTALGIA DRAGS -2 0 1 1 Planning- Notes -Comments -Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Bring the ’55 -YES ….many former Dover racers have Street Rods now…Get ALL the iron out!

dino
        Keymaster

Things progressing slowly (as usual)…people have to be contacted and wait for reply & discussion.Same goes for 50th Anniversary Deal .Good input coming in.ALL parties have to be in agreement and each group I contact puts in their two cents to be Ok’d with everybody else. It’s a back & forth ‘conferance ‘that never ends -BUT Will! So Watch Both This and the 50th topic. I’ll let ya know when I have have more to tell.

dino
            Keymaster

Waiting For Return on latest Proposal Sent out to > ??? will devulge results when I have them .

dino
                Keymaster

Most of my previous posts here just Teasers,as I worked out the Lebanon Valley concept. Now thats done….USE THIS FOR GENERAL Discussion and don’t ‘muddy -up “the other Topic headings.I will move things as nessasary to keep it in order.

dino
                    Keymaster

by bossguy on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:19 am

Maybe another post with the food and beverage shopping list?
                        ………………….Jack….They said Picnic-camp out – Enjoy ! [dino]

tomatohead
                        Participant

….. I am with Bossman 😀 on the food and “PAT” how do we get on the “Linguine Bros. BBQ” list ❗ ❓

dino
                            Keymaster

HOLY hocky pucks ! its a Cook-off ….who else in for the Dover CHOPPED battle of the Chefs…In this corner the Lithuanins ,squring off with the Italians . Now I’m really up for the Mexican and Louisiana Cajin throw-downs.

tomatohead
                                Participant

……. maybe we can set up something like the wagon trains used to do when the Indians attacked 😮 ❗ and cook stuff in the middle ❗ …. I know I can get Fresh Sweet Corn from “DYKEMANS” Farm on West Dover Road just couple of miles from the old strip in Wingdale ❗ ….. just need a flame some butter and a BIG pot ❗ 😀

dino
                                    Keymaster

Oregon Checks in:
                                        Dino,
                                        Lebanon is a great venue!! The guys can drive right past Dover on the way up rt 22 !!
                                        Route 22 is one of the prettiest roads in the area and is always a great ride, even with a trailer!! All the conn. group will be happy too.
                                        Still a little too far for me (I think).

Bruce Hertel

dino
                                        Keymaster

For those of you not Familiar with Lebanon…Heres a birds eye view (2). Big Pits…Multi-story Tower and ‘back field ‘for the Show/Swap .Across the street is camping area.Grassy area behind Tower for Commercial Vendors -Displays and “Clubhouse” by main gate.Sponsors and Associate Sponsors will have acess to VIP Suite.(AC-!-Roof )

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Map

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

Don’t know if this belongs here BUT our “Vintage” deal of round-robin eliminators ,like the old days ,doesn’t seem to fly anymore.Some said they were rushed to next round.We’ll adjust that, and have the EastCoast Gassers and the NETO guys, to alternate our rounds and give ya more time.OKEY-DOKEY?

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Ok …this Question Came up…We have a large majority of guys saying “No Tuners” relating to those front motor rice burners that give you a head-ache with that Aweful sound.Too New -don’t relate or belong in a Nostalgia event. So : Question: ‘Where do you draw the line and define what is NOT allowed”….When most American cars since the 90’s are Front wheel drive anyway. Does a Ford Probe fit If its a Dover currant racer? A little input please .Some of our guys have “2nd Generation” kids that run some new fangled thingies.Would a Year Break solve it ,or ‘No front wheel drive’? or No tiny motors ? or ???

patina
                                                        Participant

If you have a cut off date, say 85 for example. That eliminates “Dover Racers like the Moreheads Super stocker and still lets in a FWD Honda. If you say NO FWD that eliminates racers who in the “Spirit” of drag racing do what we did, drive there cars to the track and race on Sunday. Also don’t forget that any car turned away is revenue lost. I’m not crazy about it but if ALL can come and race, the young will see the old and the cars that plied the 1/4 mile before most where born. Also you may not get that many annoying cars because it is a “Nostalgia Show” they will not be eligible to run in the Dover classes they will run only Lebenon valley eliminations. Make that clear at tech.

Pat

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Chef PAT: like this part of what you said:
                                                                “Also you may not get that many annoying cars because it is a “Nostalgia Show” they will not be eligible to run in the Dover classes they will run only Lebenon valley eliminations. Make that clear at tech.”

As far as it stands now…there will be NO “Lebanon Valley Eliminations”…Especially on Sunday.Guess the Sat Test & Tune “would” be open to anyone…Will clarify that with Wayne though. YES…. it will be billed as a “Dover Drag Strip NOSTALGIA Weekend” not a track test & Tune session.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.