"Bogus’ Dover Decals-T’s/ SEARCH for REAL

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION "Bogus’ Dover Decals-T’s/ SEARCH for REAL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

There have been in the past, a number of well meaning “Entrepreneurs’…that have “Tried” to duplicate the Dover “look” on decals and other things. Well, they really are not authentic representations and quite frankly look pretty bad. Our stuff is THE REAL DEAL ..I designed most of it originally, hold the copywrite to it as the artist, AND now have Dover Drag Strip as a Pending Patent with the government. Besides …If you really want the Original look ,why settle for a badly designed ,poorly made “almost” copy. …..but Brian and I are tracking down and doing the comparisons …like the good archeologists we are. Of Note …we have discovered the long lost 1962 decal thanks to Tom Blake and also discovered there are actually two Original 1969 decals …one with ’69 and one without.-A mistake through Neri advertising in a reorder …the Bogus one out there has the wrong type style for “Class Winner’ and And ‘Drag Strip”, Border too fat and wasn’t done overall correctly .There’s also a bad 1972 win sticker with details wrong. Be patient…we’re on it. Also coming ,while on the subject …

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

AUTHENTICITY HELP: IF YOU KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT…that the Win Decals you own are the real , ‘ Got them at Dover Thing’ …please Take a photo and e-mail to me . We have a couple of “Issues” that need clarification. Were there two Years with NHRA on them ? 70 AND 71 …Also the confusing 1969…See some with ’69 and some without, THAT ARE supossed to be real….also see some ”69 with Black borders Too fat.(Chip Zellner?)…and No ’69 on them …Now.. the water ‘slide-off ‘ ’67 & ’68 “should be” the only two ,crossed flag ones, that are larger . Some ‘mid-season’ re-orders ‘could’ be differant . Too many bogus ones in the mix. Actual Photos of REAL McCoys needed. AND looking for ’61 and ’62 ‘Plaques” .

bobby-s

Dino
                found this stick on mixed in with photos of
                trophies from our 66 fairlane GTA
                should be an original.
                sorry not as organized as V-Bobs attic, 😮
                he has better looking office staff 🙄

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

THAYS A KEEPER…NICE CLOSE-UP TOO …well —you are the camera guy..wish they all will look this good and close .

dino
                    Keymaster

Here’s a perfect Example of a bad copy compared to my Authentic original ….

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

I had Chip Zellner Check his “Prussian” Vette for some” AUTHENTIC DETAILS”…all his are Real …And He Earned Them!…Here’s what he replyed….”The 1965 & 1966 decals are identical. Both small 1 3/4 “ovals on an orange field, with white, black lettering…. 1967 & 1968 decals are LARGER 2 1/2 ” ovals.
                            68 is red, 67 is a green field, both with white, black lettering.”….Also notice …’65 has WINGDALE,N.Y. on bottom, But ’66 has CLASS WINNER ..So We will have to Correct Our Winners Decal Print 😯 …Our ’65 is black …and sorry to say Incorrect .never was a black one .Opps. Does ANYONE have a ’76 ? thats GOT to be rare ! only open a few weeks ! 75, 74,& 73 would be good to see too !

Attachments:

bobby-s

Dino check your e-mails 😯
                                got what you wanted, 😮
                                from the originals.

Got Em ….Thanks !!!!!…edit-dino (” BOBBY sent EXTREME close-ups from his original shots of Chip’s Vette…Very Cool….he’s getting downright dangerous with all his new hi-tech camera gadgets!”)

tomatohead
                                Participant

I think I have some of the bogus Dover Drag Strip orange square ones that say class winner …… got them off ebay ………..i guess i could put them on the inside of the trunk lid :lol

must have been pre-DDS.com you’re forgiven….[edit-dino]

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

I had a 1976 DDS class win sticker in my hand yesterday at Billy’s,oh it is or possible might be the very last win sticker given at DDS ,check with Super Squash !!!

‘V’

dino
                                        Keymaster

Nice lead V-Bob …I’m on it ! we ‘re pretty sure Bill Made the last Reg. Elim. run against Ralph Feola -the Last day at Dover…but also heard about a last “after That” run- “King of the Hill”.That story continues at the Topic “Dover’s Last Day”.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Here’s The Real Deal…Thanks to Bobby S. and his Photo editting skills…

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

SuperStockPete (My Hero) sent this shot of a genuine ’76 . As I stated somewhere else…looks like the track used a new supplier for this ,as it doesn’t match previous Art On File . Now the slide-offs WHERE differant from the later peel and stick ….but this one not the same layout as 71,72,etc.

Attachments:

super-sport-pete
                                                        dino
                                                        Keymaster

heres a real ’69 …the one at the beginning of this topic is a phoney

Attachments:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Got Another “Tool Box” story ! :
                                                                Dino-
                                                                I pulled the old roll around tool box out from the wall and checkout what was stuck on the side (slightly overlapped by an Englishtown sticker)..
                                                                John….. ” Realmongo “

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.