"Gold Rush" 1966 Chevelle

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR "Gold Rush" 1966 Chevelle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    bbd564
    Participant

I know this is a long shot but I am looking for a photo of a 1966 SS396 Chevelle “Gold Rush” that ran SS/D and or D/S in 67 -67 -68. Thank you

dino
        Keymaster

Posted way back….New Guys since then….Any Help ?

bbd564
            Participant

Thanks for the bump back up to the top. Bill D

bbd564
                Participant

I was at the Connecticut Dragway Reunion last week and saw a photo of the car displayed. There was a room full of old photos displayed on boards. Does anyone here know who to contact to find out who the owner of the photo boards are? I would like to see if I can get a copy of the photo. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

dino
                    Keymaster

VIDEO BOB….Got A lead on This ?

bbd564
                        Participant

I have located and spoken to the owner of the the photos and hope to be able to get a copy of the picture. Once I get it I will will be happy to post it up.

fdcoby

I bought that car from Benny Damski in Milford ct raced it for 2 years sold it to buy a 65 vette coupe like a idiot i don’t have either one of them i just bought another 66 Chevelle with a 454 sounds as mean as the gold one but i doubt it is as fast funny some one is looking for a picture of it did anyone find one? Thanks Doug.

dino
                                Keymaster

Brian thinks he has a shot of this car…he’s going through his albums.

fdcoby

Thanks that would be great.

bbd564
                                        Participant

Here’s a photo that I found at the CT Dragway reunion of the Chevelle. Thanks to Pete over at the Connecticut Street Rod Assoc for copying the photo. Doug, by the way I am Ben’s brother. It would be great to locate the car. I believe it was in CT around 3-4 years ago.

<a href="” target=”_blank”>

dino
                                            Keymaster

See if you can e-mail me that shot in at least 150-200 dpi . Sure looks like it’s running Castaldo there.,..if photo better resolution…I can edit and enlarge.

bbd564
                                                Participant

It’s Bill Flynn in the Dart. What is your email address?

fdcoby

Hi Bens brother, looks like either me or your brother are getting beat! I’ve had alot of cars just like alot of people but looking back that was the worst mistake i made selling that one!
                                                        Well at least you no i’m not some guy on here making up a story, how do we find it? fdcoby@yahoo.com I have a long distance photo at some strip i was at with it wish i could find the vin number, maybe a police friend could see if it is or last registered to, i’ll never forget blowing off Tom Whelans fast triumph tt motorcycle on the post road one nite he couldn’t believe it. I keep using a magnifying glass trying to read the script on the rear quarter crap that says super sport it was a true 138 vin number car more sickining.

ptulli
                                                        Participant

Looks like time trials, as that’s got to be Bill Flynn’s Yankee Peddler 68 Dart in the near lane…..if its not time trials, then I guessing there are worst folks to be beaten by….Bill Flynn was a great guy and helped my brother and I a great deal. His garage was in West Haven, Ct down the street from where we lived and he would let us hang out there when we were in our teens. He’d have us help by cleaning up, wash cars and parts and the like. We were there the day he got the 1965 factory altered wheel base Coronet. You can imagine the kinds of folks who would drop by….even Dover’s own John Macey was a regular.

PJTulli

paul-ceasrine

Photo is from Summer 1968 at Connecticut Drag Strip

Bill Flynn in the 1968 SS/B Hemi Dart,,,,,,,,,,,still sponsored by County Dodge (New Haven, Connecticut)
                                                                versus
                                                                The 66′ Chevelle 396 ‘Gold Rush’ would have been classed in SS/D.

pc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.