"Gold Rush" 1966 Chevelle

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR "Gold Rush" 1966 Chevelle

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    ahtisham454

thank you for sharing, It is a great post.

Gold Rates

bbd564
        Participant

This car has been found. I purchased it earlier this week. Thanks to all of you who contributed to this topic. I would be happy to share photos of it, if anyone is interested.

tomblake
            Participant

We wouldn’t be here if we weren’t interested. Let’s see the photos. We love the old Dover cars and stories.

mikey

Yup, post em up!! …………Mikey 😮 😯 😆

bbd564
                    Participant

I am traveling and will get to post photos next week when I return home. Thanks

bbd564
                        Participant
                            quote TomBlake:

We wouldn’t be here if we weren’t interested. Let’s see the photos. We love the old Dover cars and stories.

I am well over a year late in posting this…….but better late than never. Here’s what the Chevelle looks like now

Attachments:

tomblake
                            Participant

The Chevelle looks great.

340swinger
                                Participant

Very nice,Love the tow tabs !

kman
                                    Participant

beautiful !!!!!! … those cragar or cragar style wheels makes the complete package…

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

GOLD RUSH!
                                            I hope ya brought a couple change of underwear when you went on your week long trip last year!LOL!!! Sounds like me when I tell her I’m going out and dont come back for 2 weeks!Oh, do to Connecticut Dragway Memories on Facebook. Sign up and the guys there have tons of pics including your car!Just ask!!!
                                            Hope its not another year when we hear from you again!!!
                                            Sweet ride!

‘V’

bbd564
                                            Participant
                                                quote VBOB:

HEY

GOLD RUSH!
                                                I hope ya brought a couple change of underwear when you went on your week long trip last year!LOL!!! Sounds like me when I tell her I’m going out and dont come back for 2 weeks!Oh, do to Connecticut Dragway Memories on Facebook. Sign up and the guys there have tons of pics including your car!Just ask!!!
                                                Hope its not another year when we hear from you again!!!
                                                Sweet ride!

‘V’

Your comment made me laugh out loud. My wife is looking at me like I have finally lost my mind wondering what I am laughing about. Thanks for the tip about the CT Dragway Facebook page. I checked it out and I think I will be lost over there for another year looking at the pictures.

bbd564
                                                Participant

I am looking for 1966 67 68 69 70 win decals to put on rear quarter windows. Originals were scraped off somewhere between then and the time I acquired the car a few years ago. Still have the trophies up in the attic to show the decals belong on the car. Thanks for the help.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Contact Tom Blake here on the forum… I’ve stayed away from getting into the Ebay/Internet commando contest of crappy bad copies by unscrupulous scan and print artists putting out horrendous depictions of what racers worked their butt off to win….only to be stuck on some 19 year olds 1980 camaro at a cruise night. You’re the exception, having “been there and done that” Tom had some pretty decent reproductions done locally in Florida…see if he can hook you up with his ‘sign-guy’.

bbd564
                                                        Participant

Here is a link to a bunch of pictures, not this car, but a lot of stuff that I have never seen.

https://www.pinterest.com/georgechecchi/dover-drag-strip-memories/

Happy Thanksgiving!

dino
                                                            Keymaster

The majority of Georges Photos are from OUR Galleries.other sources also took from us.except for His personal ones…4000 ! :

ALL HERE
                                                                http://www.doverdragstrip.com/odf/

Click on collection in left colmn….thumbnails pop up… ”’click” on desired to enlarge.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.